☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's incredible that people go around looking for articles or people that agree with them. It's just confirmation bias ? . Of course they don't have an example of a country that hasn't locked down and has handled it well. Every country that has handled well has used similar tactics and certainly hasn't allowed it to rise exponentially.
The kicking the can down the road argument is hilarious, if cases rise after a lockdown do they somehow think that if we weren't locked down they wouldn't have risen? Do they not understand that if cases rose exponentially then many more people that didn't have covid would die due to the fact that the healthcare system would not be able to cope and other treatments would be sacrificed too. When hospital beds are full the rate of death suddenly jumps higher than whatever figure they say isn't substantial, as everyone needing a ventilator dies, anyone needing oxygen doesn't get it and therefore deteriorates and is then much more likely to die too.
When they say vulnerable people should shield do they not understand that vulnerable people don't all live by themselves with no contact from anyone that isn't vulnerable?

'HEY, I KNOW 99.9% OF EXPERTS DON'T AGREE WITH ME BUT I'VE FOUND SOMEONE WHO IS AN EXPERT THAT DOES'. Usually an expert in a completely different area. Take this as an example of the idiots that people were quoting and pushing.
All I know is that if 99 experts agree and 1 doesn't, you can bet your life which side is correct. I can only imagine how I'd laugh if someone had read a couple of articles on the internet and was trying to tell me that I was getting everything about my profession wrong ?.
Here is the expert himself, Dr. Nick Riviera. He’s even appeared in anti lockdown petitions all around the world!
1611270238353.jpeg

I put the guy on mute long ago, so I only see the replies...but I remain firmly of the mind that we are dealing with a member of a Russian disinformation network. In which case, let's be honest, it’s a pretty sweet assignment to be posting on an Ibiza message board.

Last edited:
I think the problem is while facts & scientific evidence speak for themselves, when they require a change in behaviour or cost to the individual, you get resistence & push back from some.

This happens for all kind of things, and its worrying when they are given equal air time for "balance" instead of been called out.

Saw interview with a doctor who was very upset by people taking pics of out patients at midnight and posting it as saying it's all a hoax.

As a society we need to take firm & corrective action with all these kind of people; been an inclusive society doesn't mean we should tolerate such things. Imho they probably have some kind of mental disability, but if we let it run riot & out of control we'll be in another dark ages of our own making.

I had a convo a while ago with someone who didn't believe in quantum mechanics (physics). Yes it is weird & hard to understand, but the science backs it up. They still said it's not real. I then pointed out the mobile phone they where using is based on it (semiconductors). Nope, they not having any of it, even with evidence in their hands some people are beyond help!?‍♂️

Tl;dr you can't help some people, but have a responsibility to prevent harm to society & ultimately civilisation ??‍♂️

Ps" @stivi the forum list no longer makes covid thread bold if unread messages (just this thread). Any idea why?

looks fine for me. anyone else have the same issue?
Not sure what going on tbh, thought perhaps an option I've accidentally changed.

The ibiza open chat doesn't go bold either, unless it's a different thread.

Will try get screenshot. Should reply here or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Perhaps because I've got some on ignore? ?‍♂️

Reports saying Spain have briefed their tourism industry that they won't open to international tourists until the end of Summer.

Seems sensible to me, opening up at peak time with less numbers vaccinated would be a mess. A slower start in September/October and that longer season into November we dreamt about last year might be better.

Reports saying Spain have briefed their tourism industry that they won't open to international tourists until the end of Summer.

Seems sensible to me, opening up at peak time with less numbers vaccinated would be a mess. A slower start in September/October and that longer season into November we dreamt about last year might be better.
Somebody please tell me this isnt true ????????????

none of those reports have actually been published on the big national media. I have only seen these on diario de ibiza and noudiari and I believe sánchez message was either misunderstood or taken out of context.

my current stance is until I see an official statement by the government I don't believe a word

Spain simply isn't getting out the vacinations quick enough. Would be very ironic if by August the UK had 60-odd% of the population covered and available to travel, yet the country that needs them, Spain, is so far behind in the game.

Q for the locals, what are the fellings about this in Spain/Ibiza...and have they the facilities to catch up if and when more vaccined become available?

Armin Van Buuren announces plans for a 40,000 capacity festival weekend for A State of Trance 1000 in Holland - whatever you think of him, 20 years of a weekly radio show is dedication and quite an achievement:

Armin mentioned the team had been liaising with the Dutch government who estimate 3rd September is a realistic target for festivals - maybe @ElrowLovers will able to offer more on the situation but surely this will be too soon?

Also, the mail reporting no British tourists will be welcome in Spain until after summer, as our most read newspaper, this will definitely put off a lot of tourists looking to book the island this summer.....

Spain simply isn't getting out the vacinations quick enough. Would be very ironic if by August the UK had 60-odd% of the population covered and available to travel, yet the country that needs them, Spain, is so far behind in the game.

Q for the locals, what are the fellings about this in Spain/Ibiza...and have they the facilities to catch up if and when more vaccined become available?

we had international tourism last summer without vaccines. I have no doubt we will have a tourist season this summer.

looks fine for me. anyone else have the same issue?
So seems weirdly just the covid thread. New posts are listed but it's not shown in bold like others. Click into the "ibiza open chat", covid thread not bold and if click in it, takes me to first post ?‍♂️

Logged out and back in, so no idea.

First world problems eh!?
(Be nice if was go to last post/navigation at top as well as at bottom)

Attachments

• 20210122_073722.jpg
    20210122_073722.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210122_073734.jpg
    20210122_073734.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210122-100357_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-100357_Samsung Internet.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 2
So seems weirdly just the covid thread. New posts are listed but it's not shown in bold like others. Click into the "ibiza open chat", covid thread not bold and if click in it, takes me to first post ?‍♂️

Logged out and back in, so no idea.

First world problems eh!?
(Be nice if was go to last post/navigation at top as well as at bottom)
And I thought my life was tough right now ??

Just found out an old school friend 46 is in ICU ?

This is my concern personally - I'm around that age category, have a sister older (just below 50) and it would be catastrophic for our whole family if either of us got seriously ill both financially and personally. Like @diver we are just the wrong side of the 'cutoff line' on vaccine prioritization in the next rounds after the most vulnerable groups have been done clinically, but old enough not to be retired/semi-retired and very much old enough to be at risk of winding up in hospital.

This is my concern personally - I'm around that age category, have a sister older (just below 50) and it would be catastrophic for our whole family if either of us got seriously ill both financially and personally. Like @diver we are just the wrong side of the 'cutoff line' on vaccine prioritization in the next rounds after the most vulnerable groups have been done clinically, but old enough not to be retired/semi-retired and very much old enough to be at risk of winding up in hospital.
I havent spoken to him properly for years so no idea if he has any underlying conditions, appeared fit enough

I'd be interested if the demographics have changed, seems younger in our hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back