☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue Birmingham GP update - they have back tracked and now offering to 70+ only. They've said my niece is still on the list but nothing about when

Just found out an old school friend 46 is in ICU ?
lad from work was saying in Darlington they were offering to anyone who wanted, im going to chase this up because he is a straight shooter so can't imagine he would lying although it could of come from a pal of his maybe.. will let know if find any further on this

So seems weirdly just the covid thread. New posts are listed but it's not shown in bold like others. Click into the "ibiza open chat", covid thread not bold and if click in it, takes me to first post ?‍♂️

Logged out and back in, so no idea.

First world problems eh!?
(Be nice if was go to last post/navigation at top as well as at bottom)

that's weird, i'll keep an eye on it. i need to update the forum software soon, maybe that will help, but i haven't changed anything otherwise. hmmm

My 20 year old apprentice lost his second friend since this started to suicide yesterday! Also another lad who works for us has lost 3 during all this.
I know of a fair few others too! As bad as Covid is it’s not the only killer about, the restrictions are doing as much damage amongst the young IMO!
I’m yet to know of anyone under 30 who has been seriously ill with Covid! Not saying it’s not happening because we know it is but suicide is winning my some margin to nill in my circles!

My 20 year old apprentice lost his second friend since this started to suicide yesterday! Also another lad who works for us has lost 3 during all this.
I know of a fair few others too! As bad as Covid is it’s not the only killer about, the restrictions are doing as much damage amongst the young IMO!
I’m yet to know of anyone under 30 who has been seriously ill with Covid! Not saying it’s not happening because we know it is but suicide is winning my some margin to nill in my circles!
It’s ok though as long as we keep the oldies safe sod everyone else

what would 12billion have bought the NHS? Instead of a waste of time T&T service that cash wouldve been better building and staffing extra NHS services - would have that made a difference Hally or too short a timeframe to have implemented improvements that would have made a difference this winter?

what would 12billion have bought the NHS? Instead of a waste of time T&T service that cash wouldve been better building and staffing extra NHS services - would have that made a difference Hally or too short a timeframe to have implemented improvements that would have made a difference this winter?
It no doubt would have made some difference!!

Think the main bottleneck is qualified staff, hence the nightingales not opened as wards. Equipment is relatively easy to get with enough money. Trained staff seems less so?‍♂️

Tbf 12 billion could have defo been spent better imho though

Hearing more about the effects of Long Covid (including from young, fit & healthy friends and family), I don't think it's a case of just locking away the vulnerable people and letting the rest get on with living.

One of my husband's cousins who is 30 and was very fit and healthy nearly died from Covid. Since getting out of hospital, he has developed very bad breathing problems as a result which is impacting on his quality of life and ability to work.

I certainly want to avoid contracting Covid and passing it on to others at all cost, even if it means 'sacrificing' our quality of life for a year or two.

Think the main bottleneck is qualified staff, hence the nightingales not opened as wards. Equipment is relatively easy to get with enough money. Trained staff seems less so?‍♂️

Tbf 12 billion could have defo been spent better imho though
Yes makes sense. I suppose although not as many staff as needed could have been employed for this winter, it could have been a long term investment in staff for what seems (or at least I perceive it this way ) to be a underfunded and understaffed NHS even pre-Covid.

Hearing more about the effects of Long Covid (including from young, fit & healthy friends and family), I don't think it's a case of just locking away the vulnerable people and letting the rest get on with living.

One of my husband's cousins who is 30 and was very fit and healthy nearly died from Covid. Since getting out of hospital, he has developed very bad breathing problems as a result which is impacting on his quality of life and ability to work.

I certainly want to avoid contracting Covid and passing it on to others at all cost, even if it means 'sacrificing' our quality of life for a year or two.

same - someone I work with in the US called me yesterday, 50 years old and does a lot of cycling and generally fit. caught covid end of October, in ICU in a coma all of November and was semi paralysed. Slowly recovering but only just back at work. Also has a permanent problem with nerves in his left hand which probably won’t recover.

coupled with a 29 year old U.K. colleague who is probably overweight but not obese and was struggling to have a phone conversation without becoming breathless now off work...

When you hear first hand stories I’d rather not risk anything from something you can’t see , touch or hear

Last edited:
that's weird, i'll keep an eye on it. i need to update the forum software soon, maybe that will help, but i haven't changed anything otherwise. hmmm
Thanks?. Even if I set watch this thread at the top, still no notifications or anything. Cleared cookies for site, so dunno.

Feels like I've accidentally clicked an option somewhere.

Perhaps it's just detected I've posted faaaar too often on here ?

same - someone I work with in the US called me yesterday, 50 years old and does a lot of cycling and generally fit. caught covid end of October, in ICU in a coma all of November and was semi paralysed. Slowly recovering but only just back at work. Also has a permanent problem with nerves in his left hand which probably won’t recover.

When you hear first hand stories I’d rather not risk anything from something you can’t see , touch or hear
Was watching something and a medical person was saying, while young seem to be "ok" after getting it, they don't know enough about long covid and potential hidden damage that has been stored up in future.

Iirc SARS 1 they found years later those who had it had kidney and other hidden damage.

Makes sense as covid is known to make blood vessels more leaky and lots of the fine capillaries in organs suffer some kind of damage. ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back