☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it looks like cases are on the rise in all but two states here. I read yesterday or the day before or some time that cases continue to increase everywhere except for Connecticut and Rhode Island. and somewhere I saw 50,000 new cases have been reported! :eek:

Just over 51,000 total for the country yesterday. Many places have new cases exceeding their capacity for contact tracing and are back to shut downs as their only option to effectively stem the tide.

Does Barcelona > Ibiza qualify?!!!
lol I was talking about the massive cruise liners with 4 or 5 thousand people on them. I'm not 100% on the barca -> Ibiza ferry, but IIRC it's fairly small? I assume you can distance if you want to on it.

I hate people.

I voted for Hilary. I am proud New Yorker and do not like people like that either.

I think behavior like this will ruin our chances of having the ban lifted in two weeks. The hotel and airlines will be unhappy losing my tourist dollars!

I think behavior like this will ruin our chances of having the ban lifted in two weeks. The hotel and airlines will be unhappy losing my tourist dollars!

I'm afraid that ship has sailed. The cases we see today were seeded 1-2 weeks ago, so even if the government shut things down today it would be weeks before the cases dropped off. NYC had its peak cases (>12,000 in a day) three weeks after the state shut down.

Florida just announced over 10,000 new cases in past 24 hrs...

I voted for Hilary. I am proud New Yorker and do not like people like that either.

lol there's zero chance the ban is lifted anytime soon. Most of the country is absolutely f***ed with C19 due to rampant stupidity.

I'm glad I'm going in September and not right away, let all the guinea-pigs have a go first!! Eerily the kids will be back in school before I even think of packing my suitcase > this if gonna be a long summer, but if things go well I might blag an end of August or early September break, Ibiza, Mallorca or Gibraltar.

@JB2008 ... and this is why I said before I think entry restrictions are based on country you are flying in from rather than anything to do with your place of permanent residence or passport.

If a travel coridoor is open and you use it then I am guessing they are not asking any more questions as to how or when you arrived into the intermediate transit country, provided you've cleared your bags and flown in on a new ticket.

How long that lasts for with high profile people blatently abusing the spirit and purpose of the rules remains to be seen !

Bulgaria is in the EU so it makes sense that once he makes it in there, he can move onward to Greece. I bet implementation details are up to individual countries and they can tighten the restrictions further if they choose -- in Greece's case, ban all flights originating from a country rather than just block permanent residents.

But it still seems to me that permanent residence is the main criteria -- admittedly how do you prove that other than address on your passport or driver's license. There's nothing barring a permanent resident of the UK flying from the UK into most EU countries right now, incuding Bulgaria, right? Just a few countries like Greece being extra cautious.

Here there are plenty of nonstops still flying from SFO into Europe, and more being added for August, even after the EU restrictions were announced. United exec was quoted yesterday saying this is because they are seeing a higher-than-normal proportion of travelers on these flights carrying EU passports.

Def muddy and could use clarification but I'm not sure it hinges on departure city.

I understand that all visitors to Spain must fill in the e-form on this website www.spth.gob.es
Or fill it in after downloading this app: SPAIN TRAVEL HEALTH-SpTH. before entering Spain
Did anyone see the actual form you need to fill? Is there an option for a "day trip" without specifying any address in Spain?

Day trips don't seem formally prohibited, but according to the website, specifying the address where you stay in Spain is required....

Did anyone see the actual form you need to fill? Is there an option for a "day trip" without specifying any address in Spain?

Day trips don't seem formally prohibited, but according to the website, specifying the address where you stay in Spain is required....

Who is going to actually check the address you put on that form ??

Im confused about the permanent address part.

Because technically, I don't have a permanent address. Shall I just put the one that's on my UK driving license (my mums house)?

I'm afraid that ship has sailed. The cases we see today were seeded 1-2 weeks ago, so even if the government shut things down today it would be weeks before the cases dropped off. NYC had its peak cases (>12,000 in a day) three weeks after the state shut down.

Florida just announced over 10,000 new cases in past 24 hrs...

New York is pretty much fked. More densely populated parts of countries will always have higher rates. Is this new increase in infections not due to more available testing? I thought deaths were coming down overall?

Im confused about the permanent address part.

Because technically, I don't have a permanent address. Shall I just put the one that's on my UK driving license (my mums house)?

It's something you can easily evidence if put on the spot just by showing your driving licence. So that would make sense for path of least resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back