☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see about the trip, just need a week's heads up to arrange flights, as long as prices dont get silly. May even push to September if it makes sense.

Beyond a total shutdown there is nothing that will stop this bug, apparently. We dont have hard borders between states, so it was just a matter of time before it spread out. I have in-laws in Argentina that are in total lock-down (no travel between neighborhoods) which may be controlling the spread, but would cause a hot war in the US. In the tiny territory where I live we have had fewer than 100 cases out of 100K population, but will expect a spike as we re-open for tourism... I honestly expect the same for the EU in July/ August. It will be interesting to see what their pain threshold is.

Thankfully it does not look nearly as lethal as it did previously (hope that theory holds for the folks in TX and AZ, and everywhere else).

Maybe USA will be the first nation with herd-immunity!!!! Current estimates from blood-banks and sewage treatment centers assume that 20 million have already been exposed to this.

Zero chance we get to herd immunity without a vaccine. You need 85-90 of the population immune, which would mean 250 million infected. Even at a 1% mortality rate that'd be 2.5 million dead in the US alone. It's definitely going to burn through the old and stupid first, at least until we have a coherent federal response.

Are the USVI open for tourists yet? At least you dont have to worry about cruise lines docking.

Our Governor Cuomo just called out The Orange Fool for how ironic it is that in the beginning Europe was the epicenter for the virus, now they're banning us from entering due to our levels!

Trump moved the Republican National Convention from North Carolina to Florida because NC was going to enforce social distancing. Yesterday Jacksonville, FL (site of RNC) announced they will require masks in public ?

Trump moved the Republican National Convention from North Carolina to Florida because NC was going to enforce social distancing. Yesterday Jacksonville, FL (site of RNC) announced they will require masks in public ?

I love the TikTok kids for making his Oklahoma rally a real hot ticket! Apparently he's afraid of them ruining his party in Alabama.

I just want my European trip with Global Entry back!!

This is all part of the PLANDEMIC.. keeping people away from each other to keep world wide population down,Ginder is still going I'm sure. Lol
I've got a load of prospective "pals" to meet up and there's no way I'll be "intimate" - probably not for many months. For the younger crowd exploring love and passion for the first time (Ibiza, ahem!) what is the state of boy/girl meets boy/girl these days when a handshake can pass on CV let alone a snog?
I came through HIV and that was frightening enough, and had to, er, adapt to avoid it, but although the outcome for the young regarding CV will probably be much less severe than HIV/AIDS, unless there's a vaccine quickly it will be just as unsafe for different reasons.

I've got a load of prospective "pals" to meet up and there's no way I'll be "intimate" - probably not for many months. For the younger crowd exploring love and passion for the first time (Ibiza, ahem!) what is the state of boy/girl meets boy/girl these days when a handshake can pass on CV let alone a snog?
I came through HIV and that was frightening enough, and had to, er, adapt to avoid it, but although the outcome for the young regarding CV will probably be much less severe than HIV/AIDS, unless there's a vaccine quickly it will be just as unsafe for different reasons.
Yes I was thinking about that few weeks ago would be very hard for 18+ new on whatever scene thinking this was going to be The Summer.. kinda glad though for my 13yrs old going on 18 daughter..well more peace of mind for me actually....

Yes I was thinking about that few weeks ago would be very hard for 18+ new on whatever scene thinking this was going to be The Summer.. kinda glad though for my 13yrs old going on 18 daughter..well more peace of mind for me actually....
Yes, I remember you had a kid - must be a worry for a family that if she's now in the boy or girlfriend-seeking stage, whilst pretty well immune herself there's always the prospect of passing the virus on to the grandparents via a kiss or a hug. Something I hadn't considered before.

When lockdown began, I was one of those saying if you don't give people a release - by that I meant pubs, cafe's open but with controlled strict distancing and safety rules - then people will just get bored and go off and do their own thing in a totally dangerous and uncontrolled environment. Which would have a far worse outcome than a few dozen scattered around all the pubs - especially if most were outside.

It appears that's what happened, people with nowhere to go made up their own entertainment and sod the virus and how it's controlled.

Johnson's dad outdoms Dom.... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eb56-_OWAAEImnq?format=jpg&name=large
We're not allowed to go to Greece directly (yet), but most of us have one rule...

@JB2008 ... and this is why I said before I think entry restrictions are based on country you are flying in from rather than anything to do with your place of permanent residence or passport.

If a travel coridoor is open and you use it then I am guessing they are not asking any more questions as to how or when you arrived into the intermediate transit country, provided you've cleared your bags and flown in on a new ticket.

How long that lasts for with high profile people blatently abusing the spirit and purpose of the rules remains to be seen !

Meanwhile in Alabama >>> https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/02/stud...arties-see-who-gets-infected-first-12933053/?

ive had two UK airport parkings and one major chain hotel cancel in the last few days for end of August and late October the knock on effect begins to rear its head, you can still book us for the parking ones so really unsure as to why if its not a company buy out or whatever?

As Spain is an EU member nation, it's safe to assume U.S. travelers will not be allowed to visit Ibiza, or anywhere else for that matter. Touché... It's a taste of our own medicine; though this approach is more moderate and practical than the immigrant bans and so forth of our current administration here. :(

Get well soon U.S.A. ?

Also, it looks like cases are on the rise in all but two states here. I read yesterday or the day before or some time that cases continue to increase everywhere except for Connecticut and Rhode Island. and somewhere I saw 50,000 new cases have been reported! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back