☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these raves going on because people are bored with nowhere to go?
I can safely say if I was younger I would probably be jumping on the wagon my self so not going to judge personally. couldn't imagine having just started to venture out into my clubbing / nightlife ways and have the plug pulled all of a sudden ..understanding for situations isn't something you necessarily take on board too well as a late teen

A younger me would be in attendance - went waking with some of lads I started clubbing with at 16yrs old last week (we're boring now) all agreed we'd be all over it.

My younger friends had a 2 day basement party this weekend for a birthday, I declined but understand they're young people who have been working throughout (some with factories full of people), many live alone or have little commitments and have had enough of staying in.

My younger friends had a 2 day basement party this weekend for a birthday, I declined but understand they're young people who have been working throughout (some with factories full of people), many live alone or have little commitments and have had enough of staying in.

... and the thing is it's exactly this sector of people working in factories etc. who are at a high risk of passing this thing on even if they are asymptomatic themselves.... and this leads to the Leicester response. Whole area paying for it, basically ! It's not hard to see where this is headed over the Summer.

The UK factory outbreak was Anglesey, wasn't it?
I think the Leicester outbreak seems to be more related to old terraced houses, over occupied with predominantly BAME communities a lot of whom are still engaging in religious meet ups

It's official, Europe may get an American free summer. It may be possible if the US drops the EU ban we get let in, but with the way our cases are going right now, I sure as hell wouldn't let anyone in.

It's official, Europe may get an American free summer. It may be possible if the US drops the EU ban we get let in, but with the way our cases are going right now, I sure as hell wouldn't let anyone in.

I'm hoping for something to change in two weeks but it's definitely not likely.

Bad news for airlines and airports that act like hubs such as Schiphol, Paris, Frankfurt.

where was your flight from? And did they provide an explanation for this?
It wasn't mine it was my bosses I think it was either Newcastle or Leeds he was flying from and he didn't say anything about an explanation just said they were getting a refund, left me stumped a bit as we fly with Jet2 a few weeks after he was meant to be im just hoping ours isn't cancelled also

There will maybe come another pandemic
called from China G4 EA H1 N1 from pigs says scientists from Nottingham University:mad:

Last edited:
EasyJet expected to pull out of Southend, Stansted & Newcastle today. 1000 job cuts, LGW to lose 1 plane permanently and some routes to be cancelled / retimed
This would be unfortunate if it goes ahead as I’m from Southend and then Stanstead Is the next closest.

I'm still looking forward to details on what the actual standard is to disqualify someone from entry. Country of citizenship, permanent residence, departure city, or some combination. This has to be explicit somewhere, but so far only coverage of the headlines.

I'm hoping for something to change in two weeks but it's definitely not likely.

My money (literally and figuratively) is on August 1st, as I would like to be in Ibiza on the 15th. It "is what it is" though, as I am kind of spent emotionally over this for a lot of different reasons, beyond vacations. I am at the point of "fuk-it" and stopped paying attention to the general news in recent weeks.

Anyway, it is not as simple as the block agreement. As per the article:

"Within hours of the EU announcement, Italy, which has one of the highest COVID death tolls in the world, said it would opt out and keep quarantine restrictions in place for all nations that were not part of the free-travel Schengen area. "

The article also discussed Canada's maintenance of a quarantine of incoming visitors. So I dont know if there will be reciprocity of the same from their citizens.

I'm still looking forward to details on what the actual standard is to disqualify someone from entry. Country of citizenship, permanent residence, departure city, or some combination. This has to be explicit somewhere, but so far only coverage of the headlines.

Are you a dual national?

The UK factory outbreak was Anglesey, wasn't it?
I think the Leicester outbreak seems to be more related to old terraced houses, over occupied with predominantly BAME communities a lot of whom are still engaging in religious meet ups

I believe there was another one on the mainland at a food processing plant rather than meat packing on Anglesey

My money (literally and figuratively) is on August 1st, as I would like to be in Ibiza on the 15th. It "is what it is" though, as I am kind of spent emotionally over this for a lot of different reasons, beyond vacations. I am at the point of "fuk-it" and stopped paying attention to the general news in recent weeks.

Anyway, it is not as simple as the block agreement. As per the article:

"Within hours of the EU announcement, Italy, which has one of the highest COVID death tolls in the world, said it would opt out and keep quarantine restrictions in place for all nations that were not part of the free-travel Schengen area. "

The article also discussed Canada's maintenance of a quarantine of incoming visitors. So I dont know if there will be reciprocity of the same from their citizens.

Here's a better layout of the restrictions: https://www.godsavethepoints.com/europe-2020-summer-travel-international-countries/

Looks like there are some exceptions, mostly for family or longtime EU residents. I'm sure more will come out over the next couple days.

It’s country of origin

By what definition? If a US citizen lives in New Zealand can they get in? If a NZ citizen lives in the US can they get in? If it's from point of origin, can I just connect from Canada and get in?

Point of origin -i.e where did you start your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back