☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was suppose to be a EU vote on saturday, then on monday, but my understanding is that no consensus have been reach so nothing is confirmed yet...

For now we are still hoping and dreaming about Ibiza in July, but more likely it will be later in the month (not from 9 to 14, but from 18 to 23). ?
Hope it works out for you. Just out of interest - what flight tickets do you have - and is it one ticket, or multiple?

Hope it works out for you. Just out of interest - what flight tickets do you have - and is it one ticket, or multiple?
My original tickets were canceled by Air Transat (in April). We were suppose to travel by Barcelona (as always). Right now, we have two options on the table. With a connection in Munich or in Paris (more likely because we would spend a couple of days in this amazing city). Flights prices are both fair.

I heard something about a strain 10x more virulent/contagious than the original! I wonder where... I don't remember where I saw it though.

I just received an email that my return flight from Ibiza to London Gatwick in August has been cancelled (which I only booked a few days ago).

BA tried to offer me Heathrow but as I live in Brighton, I've gone with London City instead. I expect to receive more emails like this and wonder whether BA might cancel the Gatwick to Ibiza route altogether as my Mum's flight was also cancelled from Ibiza to Gatwick.

I just received an email that my return flight from Ibiza to London Gatwick in August has been cancelled (which I only booked a few days ago).

BA tried to offer me Heathrow but as I live in Brighton, I've gone with London City instead. I expect to receive more emails like this and wonder whether BA might cancel the Gatwick to Ibiza route altogether as my Mum's flight was also cancelled from Ibiza to Gatwick.
they surely will have known 2 days ago where the situation was heading, that would properly annoy me

My flight home from Ibiza in September is Iberia to Gatwick...effectively BA. So I will need to keep a close eye on this...

Thought BA where basically not going to fly from Gatwick for the foreseeable. Sure was mentioned on news few weeks back ?

Thought BA where basically not going to fly from Gatwick for the foreseeable. Sure was mentioned on news few weeks back ?

I saw that too but they also put on flights since.

HOWEVER, it does look like BA are now not operating from Gatwick to Ibiza as my flight out has also been cancelled. So it looks like only Heathrow or City from London if you want to fly BA.

I posted elsewhere on here earlier - but BA have suspended all LGW flights until 8th September at least. They've moved a lot of them to Heathrow and there is high confidence what has moved will now definitely operate. The prices have sky rocketed too, yesterday my flight was still £120. Now it has moved to Heathrow it is £290. Annoyingly I've got a flight that moved - but the return is on the 9th Sept so still says Gatwick.

Personally I'd be surprised if BA operate anything from Gatwick again this year. They'll consolidate and focus on LHR until they have a better understand as to what their network will look like.

Apparently EasyJet are also expected to release their plans for Gatwick this week

I posted elsewhere on here earlier - but BA have suspended all LGW flights until 8th September at least. They've moved a lot of them to Heathrow and there is high confidence what has moved will now definitely operate. The prices have sky rocketed too, yesterday my flight was still £120. Now it has moved to Heathrow it is £290. Annoyingly I've got a flight that moved - but the return is on the 9th Sept so still says Gatwick.

Personally I'd be surprised if BA operate anything from Gatwick again this year. They'll consolidate and focus on LHR until they have a better understand as to what their network will look like.

Apparently EasyJet are also expected to release their plans for Gatwick this week

I agree about Gatwick. I had hoped it was just BA playing hardball with the unions but apparently not.

Bit of a pain travelling from Brighton to Heathrow or London City but at least I’m (hopefully!) travelling to Ibiza this summer which didn’t seem possible few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I agree about Gatwick. I had hoped it was just BA playing hardball with the unionsbut apparently not.

Bit of a pain travelling from Brighton to Heathrow or London City but at least I’m (hopefully!) travelling to Ibiza this summer which didn’t seem possible few weeks ago.

Like wise - I’m a few miles west from you... doubles the price of a taxi but better to be going then not

my boss has just had his holiday cancelled this afternoon Jet2 for end of July, think the complications are starting to surface it was bound to start happening

Fack, this was really close to me! Good spot up there too. Lovely viewpoints looking across the North Downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back