☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY STUPID!!

a guy living in barcelona who started showing symptoms on 20th june got tested covid positive on 26th.

obviously he had to isolate but for whatever reason that man thought he's above the law and took a plane to ibiza on the 29th.

they located him and he's now in forced isolation in can misses.

bloody damn arsehole. I hope he gets a hefty fine.

obviously the contact tracers are now heavy at work...
This is what worries me about release of lockdowns. More than a few will be "bollox to it, I want a good time after all this". Just takes a few in bars or at an illegal party/rave to super spread it. ?‍♂️

Never mind fact you are most infectious 2-3 days before show symptoms.

a guy living in barcelona who started showing symptoms on 20th june got tested covid positive on 26th.

obviously he had to isolate but for whatever reason that man thought he's above the law and took a plane to ibiza on the 29th.

here's the news:

he came to ibiza for a stag do ??‍♂️??‍♂️

With no database of locked down people like a "no-fly list" operating there will inevitably be more of these cases !

Twat

But amazing they tracked and traced him.... Good work

I hope not too many if any get infected

Unfortunately he won't be the last idiot that will do that

Unfortunately he won't be the last idiot that will do that

... and precisely for that reason the thought of being crammed in to an airport bus, sat on a plane or sharing a ferry with people for whom their holiday, stag do, wedding or event is more important than anything or anyone else is basically a massive turn-off for a lot of people. It's not the measures being put in place to help counter the spread by tourist establishments that's the problem.

If the consequences are harsh, more and more people will simply not get a test or give false information in case the result is not what they want to hear. Consequences (in terms of disruption right in the middle of Summer aside from anything else) of finding you've been sat next to a twat like this on a plane are huge - and no amount of care on your part can take that risk away from you.

So much relies on people exercising a sense of personal responsibility. Good luck with that, when a whole load of younger people no longer care, think the virus is a hoax anyway or are basically incapable of exercising any self control, something which gets 100 times worse the minute they sink a drink.

So over all the inflamatory news stories. Everything is a surge, urge, sharp/dramatic/drastic increase or uptick.

A billion cases in a week when pubs open etc. It’s a big fat yawn.

The world is trying to get back to normal.

It’s no wonder so many peoples mental health has suffered with all the ultra negative and damning “news”.

There is a lot of this going on. Here in America, yes, there are some states that have their cases spiking after not taking it serious, but the deaths haven’t spiked the same. Deaths are a lagging indicator, but still it’s been a lot less than expected. We are opening up and testing has expanded, no real shocker the cases are increasing.

Seems like younger/healthier people are the drivers behind the cases (and are recovering well), and we’re doing a better job at protecting the at-risk people. New York is in pretty good shape after initially getting crushed.

Not all doom and gloom.

There is a lot of this going on. Here in America, yes, there are some states that have their cases spiking after not taking it serious, but the deaths haven’t spiked the same. Deaths are a lagging indicator, but still it’s been a lot less than expected. We are opening up and testing has expanded, no real shocker the cases are increasing.

Seems like younger/healthier people are the drivers behind the cases (and are recovering well), and we’re doing a better job at protecting the at-risk people. New York is in pretty good shape after initially getting crushed.

Not all doom and gloom.
Well that is good not quite as bad as the media make. It seem

Really annoying how the media twist things and scare people report half truths

Not all doom and gloom.

Yeah

But sweden did it in a similar way and and they have probs ( more deaths than other european countries )
The time to say whats right ? In a couple of years when all scientific work is done.
I changed my mind a little bit : Not too extrem measures please , when its possible in any way.

Not all doom and gloom.
Good news overall. Our "exceptional" hard headedness gets bailed out once again. ? Still, I have just about thrown in the towel on travel to Spain this summer. Some regions are getting put back under lock down in Catalonia.

Well, been out tonight in my local manor and - er, impressed. Hated having to wear a mask on a bus - steamed up my glasses but hey, firts two pubs quiet and paid at the bar contactless, the third was busy with a queue to get in so gave it a miss, went to an alternative where you stood behind a line and ordered, went back to 3 and got in no issues, directed to a table where they served me and paid by card, bloke opposite chatted me up and accepted no contact like shaking hands. Taxi home. Never felt safer!

Well, been out tonight in my local manor and - er, impressed. Hated having to wear a mask on a bus - steamed up my glasses but hey, firts two pubs quiet and paid at the bar contactless, the third was busy with a queue to get in so gave it a miss, went to an alternative where you stood behind a line and ordered, went back to 3 and got in no issues, directed to a table where they served me and paid by card, bloke opposite chatted me up and accepted no contact like shaking hands. Taxi home. Never felt safer!
?

Couldn't help but have a laugh at this.

Reminded me of the old joke where the kid says to their father "Daddy, when people die, do they go to Devon ?"

Good girls go to Devon, bad girls go to Hull.

Seems the place to be, Hull.

in lleida (catalonia, on the border to aragón) they re-instated a local lockdown for 200k people after a cluster grew too quick.

same today in lugo (galicia), for 70k inhabitants.

Yeah

But sweden did it in a similar way and and they have probs ( more deaths than other european countries )
The time to say whats right ? In a couple of years when all scientific work is done.
I changed my mind a little bit : Not too extrem measures please , when its possible in any way.
5420 dead in Sweden :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back