☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to the checkout person at asda today (my once in 10 days outing?) and her sister is a nurse and was saying they are expecting another peak in a month or so.

I guess only time will tell really. ?‍♂️
Was talking to a very senior nurse today and honestly we haven't got a clue what comes next. Preparing for the worst, hoping and all that. Next 3 weeks will tell us a lot, the situation in the US even more so

Was talking to a very senior nurse today and honestly we haven't got a clue what comes next. Preparing for the worst, hoping and all that. Next 3 weeks will tell us a lot, the situation in the US even more so

I think we will be ok. Everyone was worried 3-4 weeks ago about the reopening in several states, with crowed beaches. No hospitals are being overwhelmed today.

Like the nurse said, stay prepared but hope the worst is behind us.

This is what it has to be like now... Can see why they have to do but I personally don't want to party like that

Yeah, would be a bit of a deal breaker for me too I think.

I like to go on holiday for a bit of freedom and unwinding.

Being told to stay in my 2m box and wear a face mask would take the edge of it a bit :(

O beach was on this morning, details here
https://www.obeachibiza.com/covid-19/

he said the dance floor won’t be open
Yeah, would be a bit of a deal breaker for me too I think.

I like to go on holiday for a bit of freedom and unwinding.

Being told to stay in my 2m box and wear a face mask would take the edge of it a bit :(
Exactly, that's why clubbing wont happen this year. Where is the fun in that?

I'm hoping all my favourite restaurants are open, that the beaches are open (and quieter), that the sun still goes up and down, and there might be some decent music floating about the island. That will do for me this year....

haha, I hope you are right! Worrying when Hi and Ushuaia wipe the whole calendar though....

I wouldn't say it if I didn't have any pointers. but yeah, of course there are lots of places that won't open, as I said plenty of times before. I simply commented on your 'clubbing won't happen' statement, no more no less :)

While I believe certain places won't open this year....it could also be possible clubs wipe the calendar to readjust the calendar.
Because perhaps some dj's won't fly over this season and the opening-closing dates are not fitting anymore.

while theoretically possible, this might be a too optimistic outlook on things. we'll see...

they aren't that sure themselves anymore whether it was the 100% correct approach

“If we were to encounter the same disease again knowing exactly what we know about it today, I think we would settle on doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done,”

their latest numbers aren't great and less so if you compare them to their neighbouring countries.

What bothers me is the UK hasn’t even finished its first wave yet all the talk is on a second one. We are still in stage 4 (with 5 being the most serious) yet the government are now pretending everything is fine. Dominic Raab summed things up on the weekend saying we can’t be on lockdown forever. That was a telling comment that basically for me suggested we’re back to the herd immunity policy.

today is the vote right? SO basically we will know when EU country will be able to fly again to ibiza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back