☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and I share your feelings.

However...in the beginning of this pandemic there was a lot of negative information...like there was no hope at all without a vaccin and even that was years away.

Now, there seems to be some more hopeful news coming out. A few days ago we saw that article from Italy about how the virus might have mutated in a less lethal version and now research on some form of treatment is starting again. Another piece of information from the Netherlands today, everyone can get tested since Monday and 9000 people did. Only 1% tested positive. Hope it stays that low with all the BlackLivesMatter protests going on...but I'm hopeful.

But off course every piece of information still needs to be looked at with a critical look. And some people here like Stivi do that better than me cause I can be too optimistic or wishful thinking ;)
I agree! Defo more hopeful than it was a few months back

We will see what happens over the next few months... I can't wait for all this to be over whenever that maybe

Probably 2021

Know businesses are at risk and owners have to think creatively but seeing some stupid ideas out there. The organiser of Reading/Leeds is suggestinng 2021 festival could go ahead if all ticket holders do a Corona test a week or two before. Because of course festival goers never cheat on things like tickets and ID.

And can you imagine the size of the socially distanced queue where they are checking you with sniffer dogs, patting you down, reading your NHS letter to say you havent got it...may as well get in the festival queue now 15 months in advance you might get inside for the headline set!

Know businesses are at risk and owners have to think creatively but seeing some stupid ideas out there. The organiser of Reading/Leeds is suggestinng 2021 festival could go ahead if all ticket holders do a Corona test a week or two before. Because of course festival goers never cheat on things like tickets and ID.

And can you imagine the size of the socially distanced queue where they are checking you with sniffer dogs, patting you down, reading your NHS letter to say you havent got it...may as well get in the festival queue now 15 months in advance you might get inside for the headline set!
I know it's ridiculous but what choice do clubs and festivals organizers have.... They have a responsibility to ensure that their staff and ravers are safe

I would rather have to provide a test to say I haven't got it than rave with a mask and stand on a line or circle and dance on it and try not to move from it

I know it's ridiculous but what choice do clubs and festivals organizers have.... They have a responsibility to ensure that their staff and ravers are safe

I would rather have to provide a test to say I haven't got it than rave with a mask and stand on a line or circle and dance on it and try not to move from it

My issue with their statement was more why say anything this early? Information is changing quickly and most festivals dont usually put next years tickets on sale this early, normally wait until the Autumn. It just adds more confusion to an already confused public.

And while testing before the festival cuts the risk of infection it doesnt avoid the risk altogether, the test only confirms if you have it on that specific day, and if you have minor symtoms at that point it can miss it, and you could catch it the day after the test anyway.

Despite being outdoor: festivals would be bad place for Covid to spread, lots of tightly packed tents, shared toilets & showers, indoor arenas for the music etc then thousands of people heading off home to different towns and cities to spread what theyve just caught.

Also people will cheat, only takes someone to post the 'negative for Corona' letter on social media and someone will print it off, photoshop their name on it etc

Best we can hope for is a Vacinne, or confirmation that once youve had it you wont get it bad again and that the 'herd immunity' then kicks in.

Economy CRISIS due to Covid19 virus ,expect the worst for nightlife
From parisian nightlife the man behind Concrete club that shut last year has begun new project Dehors brut that goes bankrupt
20200604_154921.jpg

In the UK everyone coming in by plane and train is expected to undertake 2 weeks quarantine for an undisclosed period. Word is amongst Tory hacks (right-wing newspaper journos) is that the policy was brought in on the hoof, probably to hide bad news, and now it's in there's no way out of it without seeming to back down.
It's virtually unenforceable anyway, and relying on the public's goodwill in the main. Sure there are fines, but spot-checks will be random, we don't really have the staff and if someone is suspect, police can't enter the house and they simply say they've been out "shopping for food".
Our largest issue is we still can't travel without good reason.

In the UK everyone coming in by plane and train is expected to undertake 2 weeks quarantine for an undisclosed period. Word is amongst Tory hacks (right-wing newspaper journos) is that the policy was brought in on the hoof, probably to hide bad news, and now it's in there's no way out of it without seeming to back down.
It's virtually unenforceable anyway, and relying on the public's goodwill in the main. Sure there are fines, but spot-checks will be random, we don't really have the staff and if someone is suspect, police can't enter the house and they simply say they've been out "shopping for food".
Our largest issue is we still can't travel without good reason.
my guess is that maybe the first 3rd week or at least the second phase of the review they will drop it, its completely illogical ..if Primark can open why can't borders ..that shop is the birth place of all kinds of diseases surely
?

Well if Ibiza's out in late September will there be enough flights for late October out of the UK? If Ibiza's out for the year then my one remaining break looks like (now don't laugh) the huge Gibraltar v Liechtenstein Nations League game in November. Easyjet have a return flight for £60 so still a chance of a few days in what's left of the summer sun. Might try a week in December around Malaga or further up the coast.

Well if Ibiza's out in late September will there be enough flights for late October out of the UK? If Ibiza's out for the year then my one remaining break looks like (now don't laugh) the huge Gibraltar v Liechtenstein Nations League game in November. Easyjet have a return flight for £60 so still a chance of a few days in what's left of the summer sun. Might try a week in December around Malaga or further up the coast.

Unusual place Gibralatar, enjoyed it for a day but was a bit too built up and busy for me even in October. Ibiza comparison would probably be stuck in the walls of Dalt Villa if it had been invaded by the Brits years ago!

Still thinking of leaving it to 2021 for overseas trips, and still a lot of the UK I havent seen such as Norfolk, Devon, Wales, most of Scotland etc

there is still a fair few flights going out in October if there is interest in people booking for the start of the month and things are moving they might be inclined to schedule more toward the back of the month surely

Still thinking of leaving it to 2021 for overseas trips, and still a lot of the UK I havent seen such as Norfolk, Devon, Wales, most of Scotland etc

This was Tuesday on my paddleboard setting out a 10-minute drive from home in Devon. Bigger choice of secret beaches all to myself in a 5km stretch than anywhere I've ever been in the Med and it's the same most of the year. If only the weather and sea conditions were like that most of the Summer )with a bit warmer water) - and I could click off home demands with less resistance - I would be happy to stay home !

The runs/hikes are equally stunning - all you are missing is Med-style nightlife and restaurants etc. Same stretch of coast from land

Unusual place Gibralatar, enjoyed it for a day but was a bit too built up and busy for me even in October. Ibiza comparison would probably be stuck in the walls of Dalt Villa if it had been invaded by the Brits years ago!

Norfolk is a must ?

With all these protests in the UK and USA, we’re going to learn a lot more about the risk or otherwise of open air events. I’m still amazed how blasé everyone is to the risk of these protests. If it’s ‘ok’ to have thousands in Hyde Park protesting, then why is it unsafe to hold a music event in the same park? I’m completely confused by this, and it seems journalists feel they can’t even ask in case they’re deemed racist.

With all these protests in the UK and USA, we’re going to learn a lot more about the risk or otherwise of open air events. I’m still amazed how blasé everyone is to the risk of these protests. If it’s ‘ok’ to have thousands in Hyde Park protesting, then why is it unsafe to hold a music event in the same park? I’m completely confused by this, and it seems journalists feel they can’t even ask in case they’re deemed racist.
Heard a chap explaining that people should see that the issue they are protesting about is that big, the people who are most likely to suffer from coronavirus are willing to risk catching it to highlight the systematic racism that many countries, including the UK have.

That view does not take into a count passing it on to others...

Fully agree.
We had protests in Amsterdam and Rotterdam now and while mayors have tried to save their image stating they promoted the 1.5metre distance it's clear to see from the pics there were between 5000 and 10000 people close together shouting. Some with face masks, some without.

When there's no new peak in cases within two weeks from now....the whole theory about outside environment seems true and I think it's safe to say we should be able to have outdoor events back for at least 2500-5000 visitors.

June 16th Gibraltar re-opens all the bars and snack-bars. not sure if booking in advance will be compulsory but it's good news for that tiny patch of the Med. Just wish I could get there...and back. If anyone lives close to the border I think they should be able to pop in for a drink and snack! Real bummer the UK being months behind everyone else, wouldn't be so bad if we could have access to "hospitality" here, but that probably now won't happen until August. The UK leads the world at going backwards.

UAE Updates: Public beaches are open, masks can now be temporarily removed when exercising, and the beach clubs and gyms are open again too. Still waiting on pools to be opened - that will be the real winner as then staycations can be enjoyed by the people here.

Abu Dhabi is opening private beaches, restaurants and allowing outdoor sports... but they've decided to stop travel between Abu Dhabi and any other emirates from tomorrow for 1 week. Seems counter intuitive, but I have no clue how it's going in Abu Dhabi in comparison to Dubai. They never locked down like we did, so maybe they ended up peaking after us.

There's still around 30k residents stuck outside of the country due to the UAE closing their airports, and everyone has to receive government approval to come back in. So far, only key workers and teachers are getting approved apparently, and even then the system to register online for being abroad is massively flawed and hardly ever works. I have 4 guys still stuck in Riyadh from when we were working there in February... it's an absolute nightmare. Obviously people have lost their jobs from being stuck in a different country, many peoples businesses have closed (as they have all over the world) and now, when they can get back, all they are able to do it get their stuff and leave again. Its so sad.
So I am having my first pints of Guinness in 3 months down the Irish village...clearly there is a backlog of kegs as pints are just 20 dirhams. Problem is 1. It’s hot as feck and no seats inside 2. You need to order food 3. Only allowed 3 pints (you need to be having a ‘meal’ 4. You only have 2 hours and then need to leave.

I guess I’m going to be having sandwiches in various establishments this afternoon!

Attachments

• B78E9E9E-8449-4A9F-90F1-F1B8C1573F79.jpeg
    B78E9E9E-8449-4A9F-90F1-F1B8C1573F79.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 4593F31D-FE89-40C4-9DC9-972324AD5DF2.jpeg
    4593F31D-FE89-40C4-9DC9-972324AD5DF2.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back