☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am having my first pints of Guinness in 3 months down the Irish village...clearly there is a backlog of kegs as pints are just 20 dirhams. Problem is 1. It’s hot as feck and no seats inside 2. You need to order food 3. Only allowed 3 pints (you need to be having a ‘meal’ 4. You only have 2 hours and then need to leave.

I guess I’m going to be having sandwiches in various establishments this afternoon!

I bet that is some very old Guinness too !

Noa Beach Club in Croatia is opening in June... guess these are good signs for clubbing in Ibiza.
The first festival will be held in July.
100853592_3203932829641010_1481703364239556608_o.jpg

So I am having my first pints of Guinness in 3 months down the Irish village...clearly there is a backlog of kegs as pints are just 20 dirhams. Problem is 1. It’s hot as feck and no seats inside 2. You need to order food 3. Only allowed 3 pints (you need to be having a ‘meal’ 4. You only have 2 hours and then need to leave.

I guess I’m going to be having sandwiches in various establishments this afternoon!
How have we never met ?

[QUOTE = "soulcompromise, publicación: 1005372, miembro: 53386"]
Estaba leyendo sobre esto hoy en la escuela; Tienen un volante en el baño en la pared. Leí que actualmente no hay una vacuna; como si no pudieras vacunarse de la misma manera que lo haces con la influenza, y tampoco hay un tratamiento real. Están tratando a las personas en los hospitales por sus síntomas, pero no pueden abordar la progresión de la enfermedad.
[/CITAR]
y hoy en dia que me cuentas?

With all these protests in the UK and USA, we’re going to learn a lot more about the risk or otherwise of open air events. I’m still amazed how blasé everyone is to the risk of these protests. If it’s ‘ok’ to have thousands in Hyde Park protesting, then why is it unsafe to hold a music event in the same park? I’m completely confused by this, and it seems journalists feel they can’t even ask in case they’re deemed racist.
Noa Beach Club in Croatia is opening in June... guess these are good signs for clubbing in Ibiza.
The first festival will be held in July.
100853592_3203932829641010_1481703364239556608_o.jpg
Solardo are playing a gig in Croatia next Saturday

With all these protests in the UK and USA, we’re going to learn a lot more about the risk or otherwise of open air events. I’m still amazed how blasé everyone is to the risk of these protests. If it’s ‘ok’ to have thousands in Hyde Park protesting, then why is it unsafe to hold a music event in the same park? I’m completely confused by this, and it seems journalists feel they can’t even ask in case they’re deemed racist.
I don't think it's a blase attitude most have. This is a generational moment that has the capability to better their existences for lifetimes to come and attempt to right the wrongs of the past. They've basically made the decision that attempting to effect substantial police reform and ensure accountability is worth the potential risk of C19. Most protesters here (states) are wearing masks, obviously social distancing isn't an option, but i have to agree with their actions on this issue. Vulnerable populations need to remain isolated longer as a result, but it's worth it IMO.

I don't think it's a blase attitude most have. This is a generational moment that has the capability to better their existences for lifetimes to come and attempt to right the wrongs of the past. They've basically made the decision that attempting to effect substantial police reform and ensure accountability is worth the potential risk of C19. Most protesters here (states) are wearing masks, obviously social distancing isn't an option, but i have to agree with their actions on this issue. Vulnerable populations need to remain isolated longer as a result, but it's worth it IMO.
I could’t disagree more (about the covid part). There are so many reasons why all protests right now should be banned. Let’s start with these protests being BAME focused and BAME groups now known to be most at risk, these protests on that basis alone are very dangerous.

Another reason, is you mention those that are vulnerable should basically have to isolate because other people want civil/societal change and are going to increase the virus. I’d like you to tell that to my mate who hasn’t left his flat for 10 weeks because he has cystic fibrosis. What a stupid comment to make. Why should he and 100,000s of others have to be forced to be shielded for longer because people choose to have mass gatherings and spread the virus, and create an even bigger pandemic?

Have a think too about how the virus spreads. People not socially distancing and also infectious will infect others. It might not be possible for those to be shielded from those that are infectious, for example the newly infected shop worker who was out protesting who then has contact with the elderly or care worker in the shop. The care worker then heads back to the care home etc. It’s not as simple as just saying we’ll shield the vulnerable and that’s that. Once the R rate goes up and it’s already very high in the US and UK, it’s vulnerable groups that will be affected.

Should stress, I fully support the message of the protestors, it’s just completely the wrong time to hold public events.

Agree. But not so much with the police, throwing teargas unnecessarily (releasing lots of mucus, forcing people to take off their masks to aid breathing) or arresting people and forcing them into cramped vans/cells.

Racist state thuggery and murder doesn't stop for covid-19, so maybe protest shouldn't either.

It doesn't kill black people because of their genetics; it kills them because of inequality. This is all about changing that inequality. Anyway, don't worry about me - I'm at home. ?
? I thought the uk PHE report said even if they factor in deprivation, geography, living conditions, jobs etc there was still a slightly higher risk which currently is unexplained?

"An analysis of survival among confirmed COVID-19 cases and using more detailed
ethnic groups, shows that after accounting for the effect of sex, age, deprivation and
region, people of Bangladeshi ethnicity had around twice the risk of death than people
of White British ethnicity. People of Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, Other Asian, Caribbean
and Other Black ethnicity had between 10 and 50% higher risk of death when compared
to White British."

Although it does say this as well:

These analyses did not account for the effect of occupation, comorbidities or obesity. These are important factors because they are associated with the risk of acquiring COVID-19, the risk of dying, or both. Other evidence has shown that when comorbidities are included, the difference in risk of death among hospitalised patients is greatly reduced.

So perhaps specific illnesses affecting certain groups more. Although plenty of fat unhealthy white people too. Might not really know why for years?‍♂️

I could’t disagree more (about the covid part). There are so many reasons why all protests right now should be banned. Let’s start with these protests being BAME focused and BAME groups now known to be most at risk, these protests on that basis alone are very dangerous.

Another reason, is you mention those that are vulnerable should basically have to isolate because other people want civil/societal change and are going to increase the virus. I’d like you to tell that to my mate who hasn’t left his flat for 10 weeks because he has cystic fibrosis. What a stupid comment to make. Why should he and 100,000s of others have to be forced to be shielded for longer because people choose to have mass gatherings and spread the virus, and create an even bigger pandemic?

Have a think too about how the virus spreads. People not socially distancing and also infectious will infect others. It might not be possible for those to be shielded from those that are infectious, for example the newly infected shop worker who was out protesting who then has contact with the elderly or care worker in the shop. The care worker then heads back to the care home etc. It’s not as simple as just saying we’ll shield the vulnerable and that’s that. Once the R rate goes up and it’s already very high in the US and UK, it’s vulnerable groups that will be affected.

Should stress, I fully support the message of the protestors, it’s just completely the wrong time to hold public events.
I didn't think it right to condem the armed "reopening" protesters from three weeks ago nor the BLM protesters (not rioting).

This is the exact moment to test your rights, not only when conditions are perfect. If you can't speak now it sets a standard of silencing opposition that will only be expanded later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back