☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are while they ain't gonna infect anyone doing that, what else they doing they really shouldn't?

Question for @stivi or anyone else in Spain or Italy; are people adhering to the stay at home policy? Know it might be hard to know if you are of course!

Just that if Italian numbers don't start to decrease soon, is that cause people not following rules or is there another unknown source of transmission.

Also been reading the Chinese numbers on death might be off a lot. Someone did research in number of urns crematorium been buying and a lot higher. But then again official death numbers might be just ones who've been tested positive. Might be a lot of others who weren't so not counted in official figures.
Spain are adhering to it now yes..(big fines if they don't) they were not before... and did not help that they had the womans march etc which spread alot of the virus around

Tv adverts and a big sign on the TV saying "stay in the house"

Yes indeed the death rate also looks high (which it is) but due to lots of people may have it but not getting tested. I don't think all Italy are all following the rules, especially the south.

Don't trust China though and their information

South Korean style mass testing and tracing. People who test positive have movements tracked etc.
Not sure if many societies that would be viable, but might be necessary.
very clever they were doing that like proper detective work...we are in such a mess would be hard to trace and track but would be very useful

Clever, perhaps. But opens up a huge can of worms re: state surveillance and civil liberties
Those will to be binned for now, and doctors who have patients with CV must be allowed to alert the authorities and the patient's employers etc. Perhaps when it'a all over we could be rewarded by the UK having it's freedom of movement returned - something the flaming country voted to lose, tupid swats.

Those will to be binned for now, and doctors who have patients with CV must be allowed to alert the authorities and the patient's employers etc. Perhaps when it'a all over we could be rewarded by the UK having it's freedom of movement returned - something the flaming country voted to lose, tupid swats.

You think a government would give up this data once the crisis has passed?

My thoughts are while they ain't gonna infect anyone doing that, what else they doing they really shouldn't?

Question for @stivi or anyone else in Spain or Italy; are people adhering to the stay at home policy? Know it might be hard to know if you are of course!

Just that if Italian numbers don't start to decrease soon, is that cause people not following rules or is there another unknown source of transmission.

Also been reading the Chinese numbers on death might be off a lot. Someone did research in number of urns crematorium been buying and a lot higher. But then again official death numbers might be just ones who've been tested positive. Might be a lot of others who weren't so not counted in official figures.

as ali said, the vast majority adheres to the rules. I can't say I've seen it myself, simply because I've really only left the house twice in two weeks (one weekly run to the supermarket) and for dustbin runs which take one minute. but if media tell the truth, most people seem to have realised it's what's gotta be done. of course there are a few incorrigibles, but since the police is out in force, those get fined - and rightly so.

in spain 800 people die of covid-19 (or complications due to that) PER DAY currently. so 95% of the population have realised it's serious.

one thing, the decision to prohibit walks and outdoor excercise is correct, even though it is the one thing I most suffer with personally. but especially here in spain where life happens outdoor, it was the only way to go. had they not prohibited these things, the lockdown wouldn't work, period. everyone would be outdoors all the time.

You think a government would give up this data once the crisis has passed?
Surely UK civil liberties have been far more curtailed than in Seoul, where it’s very much business as usual and no full on lockdown. I’d be fine with the government having my data if it meant the pubs and Prets were still open. After all I’m sure they could find out I spend too much time on football and clubbing related forums if they really wanted to anyway.

For those itching to travel

1230; Walk Outside; Boarding
1250; Kitchen For Lunch; Go To Gate 12
1315; Toilet Break; Gate Announced In 5 Minutes
1340; Netflix; Wait In Lounge
1620; Bonking; Cancelled Go To Desk
Brilliant

Surely UK civil liberties have been far more curtailed than in Seoul, where it’s very much business as usual and no full on lockdown. I’d be fine with the government having my data if it meant the pubs and Prets were still open. After all I’m sure they could find out I spend too much time on football and clubbing related forums if they really wanted to anyway.

The "I've got nothing to hide, so I'm alright" brigade terrify me, as they have little clasp on history

Sorry to come off as a bit sneering with that comment, but it's very, very dodgy territory that shouldn't be downplayed

My final word on the matter: we dont yet know if ours - or other's - government's actions in the past weeks and months has made this situation better or worse

Until such time, it would be beyond reckless opening pandora's box and handling them more control

The "I've got nothing to hide, so I'm alright" brigade terrify me, as they have little clasp on history

Sorry to come off as a bit sneering with that comment, but it's very, very dodgy territory that shouldn't be downplayed
It's a double-edged sword. last year I had tests done in hospital; phoned them for the results "we can't tell you (data protection) the GP (doctor) has the results".
Rang the GP "We can't tell you, the hospital has the results".
These days with data protection it's easier to get semen from stone - yet out there look how much information all the spammers and con merchants have about us? personally I've never used my real name on social media, eg facebook, twitter, Ibiza Spotlight forum etc....which i think has helped enormously.
When e-mails addressed to me start Dear Mrs Sluttypigface it helps to weed them out....

....and because your data shows that you are in the pub too much, your insurance premiums are increased by 30%, still ok?
Should a transvestite tell their insurance company? Normally phones, wallets are kept in pockets...harder to snatch. But carrying them in a handbag makes a grab more likely??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back