☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, don't come to a forum.
Okay how about 'can I please share what someone said to me without being dragged some rabbit hole into an endless, pointless and often bizarre discussion'?

I gave up on you when you unilaterally decided long covid wasn't really a thing

And politely, I really don't want a discussion but I don't want to block you either, this is only one thread on the forum

Anyone have experience of 2nd AZ at younger ages ? Finally feeling energized again and already dreading it ... was all well and good whilst it was cold and miserable but getting knocked for a six again in May isn't something I'm looking forward to !

Will be interesting to see if everyone rushes to travel just because it's allowed.

If I'm going, I will be sticking to my usual time of September (or maybe even wait until October) to see how it pans out first.
Me too. With all these apps, tests and whatever, I'll let others be the guinea pigs, and I don't fancy spending the bulk of my holiday in a queue at the airport. If it takes as long to be processed as it does at Heathrow (hours upon hours) many flights might not be able to land and have to divert while the queues diminishes. Ibiza's so small any queue would soon back up to the runway!!

One qusetion; will they test all Schengen arrivals as well as everyone else - if so that will make the situation ten times worse.

Mowed the lawn today and then basked in 15°C heat for three hours. All going swimmingly until I leant back and some unidentified buzzing bleeder stuck its stinger in my armpit.

Seems my back garden isn't so different to Cala Comte after all

Anyone have experience of 2nd AZ at younger ages ? Finally feeling energized again and already dreading it ... was all well and good whilst it was cold and miserable but getting knocked for a six again in May isn't something I'm looking forward to !
I think generally AZ 2nd jab rarely has much of any side effects. Pfizer in the other hand......

When professional athletes and people who have scaled Everest are reported to be suffering from long covid, I'm not sure it is something to merely dismiss
Just catching up but on this point. Im obvs no professional athlete but i do about 20 mile+ a week running plus a physical job and it took me a good 3 month to get my fitness/energy/fatigue levels back to normal. It’s a real thing alright!

You be fine mate. Youl feel relieved when it done

You be fine mate. Youl feel relieved when it done

Yeah it's fine initially - I got lousy side effects for just a day or so but then wiped out for a week energy wise. Also had near-weekly recurring bouts of flu-like shivers at night for 7 weeks afterwards exactly the same as the day after the jab but less severe. This is the first week after having it this hasn't happened. I know the real thing could be much worse but I wasn't prepared for ongoing side effects over such a long period - not seen that reported anywhere !

Last edited:
Yeah it's fine initially - I got lousy side effects for just a day or so but then wiped out for a week energy wise. Also had near-weekly recurring bouts of flu-like shivers at night for 7 weeks afterwards exactly the same as the day after the jab but less severe. This is the first week after having it this hasn't happened. I know the real thing could be much worse but I wasn't prepared for ongoing side effects over such a long period - not seen that reported anywhere !
Make sure you make your gp or ring the number on the advice leaflet to make them aware of this reaction.
Feedback like this is really important.

You never know you might not get any reaction at all from the second jag. Iv given lots of pfizer and AZ jabs now and tbh there is no real pattern to how people react. Some people react bad to first and nothing at all to second and vice versa.

Tbh most people have very little reaction at all apart from a sore arm. Especially the older folk.

No correlation between 1st/2nd, Pfizer/AstraZeneca between the 6 or so people I know

Some didn't react at all. Some reacted badly to their 1st. Others reacted badly to their 2nd

My only (completely non-medical) opinion is one of psychology, you'll only feel as ill as you think you will!

I dont subscribe to manflu and rarely get headaches. When I'm unwell at all, I find it a massive inconvenience whereby the inconvenience outweighs the symptoms of illness

My gf is the opposite. She always fears she's ill and gets rundown easily. She had a negative reaction to first shot and I'm completely convinced she manifested it by over-worrying, or certainly exasperated it. Second one, she had a sore arm but nowhere near like the same

Edit: I'm very eager for fate to prove me wrong and this vaccine knock me for six, JUST GIVE ME THE JAB ALREADY!!

Last edited:
My only (completely non-medical) opinion is one of psychology, you'll only feel as ill as you think you will!

Haha yeah I was very much of the same opinion, wasn't expecting anything and when the shivers / chills started was sure they'd be done soon (they were). Headache-wise lots of stuff causes mild headaches and a paracetamol sorts it. But there's a strong correlation between age and severity of fluey side effects. with AZ - but still not all young people experience much if anything. fortunately in almost all cases they last a very short time if they do occur.

None of the over-70s I know who've had ti experienced any side effects at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back