☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point re the equipment to be extra safe BUT .. shame you can't clean the air ;) Long before Covid I used to wince entering a sports hall or gym in Winter ... not so much at the thought of ensuing pain but more the thought of a sweaty box full of germs.In Summer there wasn't a chance in hell I'd be inside one !

Glad she's at least back in the country safe 🤞 Yeah you'd better enjoy the freedom ... I'd give just about anything for 11 days on my own right now haha

People used to get on the Brize Norton to Falklands RAF Tristar which stopped in Ascension Island & get off there, then join the mail boat to St Helena from Ascension. You're right the only flights in and out are from Namibia (Walvis Bay) and SA (Jo'burg and Cape Town). With SA on the red list this effectively blocks this place out too.
Yeah, although fortunately gym I go to has its windows open so I hope that keeps it a little safer.

Actually the few times I've been, there only been 10 or less people in which has been great! (Capacity normally ~200)

In the UK 132 - new admissions, lowest since Sept 6; well down even from yesterday. 243 on ventilators, lowest since Aug 24. Really looks like lockdown firstly worked, followed up by the vaccines working to keep the newly infected out of hospital - that's if anyone having the vaccination + 3 weeks has actually caught covid?
Just need to open up and see if any case increase doesn't mean hospital admissions for the over 50's already vaxxed.

In the UK 132 - new admissions, lowest since Sept 6; well down even from yesterday. 243 on ventilators, lowest since Aug 24. Really looks like lockdown firstly worked, followed up by the vaccines working to keep the newly infected out of hospital - that's if anyone having the vaccination + 3 weeks has actually caught covid?
Just need to open up and see if any case increase doesn't mean hospital admissions for the over 50's already vaxxed.

Well we have opened up a fair bit - every park/ beer garden packed. Schools back, full contact sport, trials of crowds taking place, inevitably lots of closer contact in private residences happening, and still cases and deaths going down. Very positive for us and others in Europe who aernt too far behind us.

Well we have opened up a fair bit - every park/ beer garden packed. Schools back, full contact sport, trials of crowds taking place, inevitably lots of closer contact in private residences happening, and still cases and deaths going down. Very positive for us and others in Europe who aernt too far behind us.
Raises the question - if we did have to go into another lockdown, is there any point in closing outdoor activities? Clearly the virus struggles outdoors!

Raises the question - if we did have to go into another lockdown, is there any point in closing outdoor activities?

In my opinion no, unless it's crowds of people shouting and singing at sporting events or crammed into city outdoor spaces sitting at close proximity to each other for long periods. Closing things like golf courses and tennis courts was just crazy and don;t get me started on coastal watersports. I'm sure a lot of people got infected nipping in and out of poorly ventilated food shops in the Winter when incidence was high - those out for a casual walk in the Dales or even sat in their cars looking out at a beauty spot to counteract the monotony of their 4 walls were truly doing no harm to anyone, but they were the ones getting slammed for non-essential outings !

In my opinion no, unless it's crowds of people shouting and singing at sporting events or crammed into city outdoor spaces sitting at close proximity to each other for long periods. Closing things like golf courses and tennis courts was just crazy and don;t get me started on coastal watersports. I'm sure a lot of people got infected nipping in and out of poorly ventilated food shops in the Winter when incidence was high - those out for a casual walk in the Dales or even sat in their cars looking out at a beauty spot to counteract the monotony of their 4 walls were truly doing no harm to anyone, but they were the ones getting slammed for non-essential outings !
Think the issue with sporting venues isn't the watching the game, it's the inside concourses where the snack bars/toilets are - and of course people gather in the 15 mins break. Also thousands heading for public transport. otherwise stadiums copuld be almost fully open?

Think the issue with sporting venues isn't the watching the game, it's the inside concourses where the snack bars/toilets are - and of course people gather in the 15 mins break. Also thousands heading for public transport. otherwise stadiums copuld be almost fully open?

I agree, except I don't think Stadiums should be fully open personally unless maybe at very reduced capacity and people much more spaced out. The whole thing is practically impossible to control. If you spend hours outdoors with other people at close proximity talking / singing / shouting you're asking for problems. Who goes to a football match to quietly watch a game ? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

I agree, except I don't think Stadiums should be fully open personally unless maybe at very reduced capacity and people much more spaced out. The whole thing is practically impossible to control. If you spend hours outdoors with other people at close proximity talking / singing / shouting you're asking for problems. Who goes to a football match to quietly watch a game ? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣
Arsenal fans.

*Ducks....*

I've seen a video of a mate's pub at the weekend where the packed beer garden of seated Tottenham fans, had a fight among themselves after the cup final. All over each other screaming and punching. There's no way that sort of thing isn't happening in and around stadiums too once crowds are allowed in

https://openjur.de/u/2334639.html . judgment in germany . This is not False , for Usa today , etc .

This was posted in another thread, but the issue belongs here, I think.

Just to comment on this judgement in Germany (saying masks don't have to be worn in school anymore):
This judgement has been ruled "obviously unlawful" in the meantime by the higher courts, saying a Family Court (or Domestic Relations Court) cannot even make these kinds of decisions (it's an issue for the Administrative Courts).

(This is the verdict, sorry, obviously in German: http://www.vgwe.thueringen.de/webth...03B4BA0/$File/21-8E-00416-B-A.pdf?OpenElement)

Additionally, federal prosecutors are investigating against the judge who made the initial ruling due to perversion of the course of justice (sorry for the English terms, not an expert in English law vocabulary...). Apparently, the judge knowingly overstepped his jurisdiction while also using some very dubious evidence (go figure, eh...).

I don't want to start a mask debate here, but it's important to present all the facts. Obviously the initial judgement was celebrated by all the Covid deniers. However, it seems to me that the initial ruling was publicized more here, than the overruling (so much for the apparent "censorship").

This just goes to show that you can find evidence for pretty much everything you want to believe at the moment (and rather credible evidence as well, I mean it was an actual court verdict). Difficult to know what is what and to not get completely confused and frustrated sometimes...

I've thought about it long and hard (ooo er, missus) and I'll be sticking to my own age-group when it comes to nocturnal adventures. Not that I've much chance of pulling anyone younger (anyone want a rich sugar daddy? I know this guy down the road who has a few bob...) but the positive is that there's a great chance a partner has had both vaxxes by the time we emerge.

In fact, can I put myself forward as a guinea-pig to test the vaccine in such circumstances? I'll accept expenses only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back