☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
No correlation between 1st/2nd, Pfizer/AstraZeneca between the 6 or so people I know

Some didn't react at all. Some reacted badly to their 1st. Others reacted badly to their 2nd

My only (completely non-medical) opinion is one of psychology, you'll only feel as ill as you think you will!

I dont subscribe to manflu and rarely get headaches. When I'm unwell at all, I find it a massive inconvenience whereby the inconvenience outweighs the symptoms of illness

My gf is the opposite. She always fears she's ill and gets rundown easily. She had a negative reaction to first shot and I'm completely convinced she manifested it by over-worrying, or certainly exasperated it. Second one, she had a sore arm but nowhere near like the same

Edit: I'm very eager for fate to prove me wrong and this vaccine knock me for six, JUST GIVE ME THE JAB ALREADY!!
I was anticipating not feeling to great after my injection, a few people had reported feeling pretty dreadful so I was fully prepared to milk it for all it was worth. Nothing though sadly.

My local rag informs me that the whole of Spain (and Portugal/Gibraltar) could be put on the UK's "green" list - surprising the whole of Spain but at least now we know.

St Helena and the Falklands ...top picks for a Summer holiday with the added bonus of a bone-shaking 10 hour flight in an antique RAF Tristar ... where's my coat and sheep shears 🤔 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:🤣

Last edited:
@stivi are the PCR tests in Spain typically up the nose or throat? Is it the long or short swab?

Asking for a 4 year old that needs a test on the return trip....

Took my folks for their second jab today, opening up our footy clubhouse for outside tables after games tomorrow. Really feels like life is restarting
Had dinner outdoors with mates at mate's pub on Friday, off to Pizza Express for my boy's birthday today. (If I can walk after two footy matches yesterday)

If we can maintain this level of 'open' for the summer, I'd be happy enough. Easier for me than younger folk, or younger at heart folk, who want late nights in dark clubs, I know.

Had dinner outdoors with mates at mate's pub on Friday, off to Pizza Express for my boy's birthday today. (If I can walk after two footy matches yesterday)

If we can maintain this level of 'open' for the summer, I'd be happy enough. Easier for me than younger folk, or younger at heart folk, who want late nights in dark clubs, I know.

That's it - objectively it ought to be 'enough' already for a few months imho. The clamouring for indoor mixing and easy foreign holidays are what's increasing potential risk factors hugely. Nothing is ever enough for some 🤷‍♂️

St Helena and the Falklands ...top picks for a Summer holiday with the added bonus of a bone-shaking 10 hour flight in an antique RAF Tristar ... where's my coat and sheep shears 🤔 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:🤣
St Helena has a new airport, but the only way was to fly to South Africa first and then the flight to the island. No idea what will happen post-covid, but St Helena is a tropical island and I'm sure many would jump at the chance to visit, especially if there were direct flights from the UK (albeit with refuelling stops on the way). I'd deffo be interested, the once-in-a-lifetime trip etc.

Bud due to it's isolation I can't see them flying from anywhere else other than SA as it's the closest landfall. But one thing's for sure, St Helena won't be hosting Amnesia any time soon! Think I'd give the Falklands a miss though!

UK - 1712 new cases - the lowest number since first week of September. Looks like the new freedoms haven't had an effect, but maybe too early to tell yet.

Hope none of the people he willingly infected dies :(
What a moron!

Speaking of gyms, always best to clean the stuff well yourself before use, even though people supposed to clean them afterwards. I've seen a fair few disinfect the seat and that's it. (Are covid farts a thing?😂)

Or they just waft a wipe over it all 👏

Speaking of gyms, always best to clean the stuff well yourself before use, even though people supposed to clean them afterwards. I've seen a fair few disinfect the seat and that's it. (Are covid farts a thing?😂)

Or they just waft a wipe over it all 👏

Good point re the equipment to be extra safe BUT .. shame you can't clean the air ;) Long before Covid I used to wince entering a sports hall or gym in Winter ... not so much at the thought of ensuing pain but more the thought of a sweaty box full of germs.In Summer there wasn't a chance in hell I'd be inside one !

After 4 cancelled flights my wife is finally back from Pakistan and in a quarantine hotel. Took 5 hours from landing to getting to her room though 😯

Only 11 more nights of freedom, better make the most of it

Glad she's at least back in the country safe 🤞 Yeah you'd better enjoy the freedom ... I'd give just about anything for 11 days on my own right now haha

St Helena has a new airport, but the only way was to fly to South Africa first and then the flight to the island. No idea what will happen post-covid, but St Helena is a tropical island and I'm sure many would jump at the chance to visit, especially if there were direct flights from the UK (albeit with refuelling stops on the way). I'd deffo be interested, the once-in-a-lifetime trip etc.

People used to get on the Brize Norton to Falklands RAF Tristar which stopped in Ascension Island & get off there, then join the mail boat to St Helena from Ascension. You're right the only flights in and out are from Namibia (Walvis Bay) and SA (Jo'burg and Cape Town). With SA on the red list this effectively blocks this place out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back