☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren’t they a bit more flexible with second doses?
You'll probably find that there will be a lot more availability closer to the time as there will be cancellations, people not taking up the invitation etc..
I had to reschedule my first jab and when I rang I was told that I could go pretty much whenever I wanted.

Once you have had your first dose there should be more scope for flexibility with the 2nd.

Thank you ... yes that’s what I decided ... booked our first for next Monday and will tweak the second one nearer the time

While I'm popping out to be infested by hypothermia this afternoon in a Blackpool beer-garden; I consider myself lucky as it seems the Dutch are going backwards - more cases, beds and a lousy vaccination rate, and are extending lockdown. https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/...re-to-change-course-on-terraces-and-vaccines/

Over the summer the UK's gonna find itself isolated - but this time for a good reason in that hopefully covid here will be under control and we can be relatively normal. C'mon Europe get your vaccination act together so we can visit.

Happy for the UK People.

But in the meantime in Germany Merkel has overthrown federal states to implement a full lockdown with 1 positive test per 1000 inhabitants. Insanely high fines or prison if you do not obey to rules such as an evening curfew.

And like you state here, in The Netherlands the situation is indeed looking hopeless. Positive tests numbers staying roughly the same though....but we have a very bad vaccination rate and the government just keeps moving the goalposts. It seems a small group of virologists have taken power over the government. Last week our Prime Minister said that relaxation of the measures would be possible from April 21st since 6 million inhabitants now have antibodies (combination of vaccinations and herd immunity)....however that message got a backlash from virologists stating in the media that it's still too busy in hospitals to relax the measures. Government then quickly withdrawed that earlier message saying they would have to reconsider with 'recent bad numbers'. Total BS, the numbers are the same as last week.
Mayors are now publicly angry at the Prime Minister, they want to open the terraces as soon as possible since they are battling large groups of people in parks gathering every weekend. Clashes with riot police happen every Saturday and Sunday now and people are just fed up with it. The situation is very tense right now and I truly feel the country is on the edge of splitting in two groups: Civil disobedience and ZeroCovid extremists.

It won't surprise you I'm definitely in the civil disobedience camp. I'm more than fed up with this insane situation, the measures have been far worse for society than the virus for months now. Also, the government is going full force into a test-based society, where you have to provide a negative PCR test or a vaccin proof for a day to the zoo, entrance to a festival, shopping etc. Getting your freedom back in small steps under requirements. This is also truly dividing the country...organizations and customers that are refusing to take part in this experiment and people that are bowing to these requirement to be able to do something again.

Happy for the UK People.

But in the meantime in Germany Merkel has overthrown federal states to implement a full lockdown with 1 positive test per 1000 inhabitants. Insanely high fines or prison if you do not obey to rules such as an evening curfew.

And like you state here, in The Netherlands the situation is indeed looking hopeless. Positive tests numbers staying roughly the same though....but we have a very bad vaccination rate and the government just keeps moving the goalposts. It seems a small group of virologists have taken power over the government. Last week our Prime Minister said that relaxation of the measures would be possible from April 21st since 6 million inhabitants now have antibodies (combination of vaccinations and herd immunity)....however that message got a backlash from virologists stating in the media that it's still too busy in hospitals to relax the measures. Government then quickly withdrawed that earlier message saying they would have to reconsider with 'recent bad numbers'. Total BS, the numbers are the same as last week.
Mayors are now publicly angry at the Prime Minister, they want to open the terraces as soon as possible since they are battling large groups of people in parks gathering every weekend. Clashes with riot police happen every Saturday and Sunday now and people are just fed up with it. The situation is very tense right now and I truly feel the country is on the edge of splitting in two groups: Civil disobedience and ZeroCovid extremists.

It won't surprise you I'm definitely in the civil disobedience camp. I'm more than fed up with this insane situation, the measures have been far worse for society than the virus for months now. Also, the government is going full force into a test-based society, where you have to provide a negative PCR test or a vaccin proof for a day to the zoo, entrance to a festival, shopping etc. Getting your freedom back in small steps under requirements. This is also truly dividing the country...organizations and customers that are refusing to take part in this experiment and people that are bowing to these requirement to be able to do something again.
Trouble is, if the hospitals are overloaded what can the government do? In thoery patients could be shipped across a border (not the most ideal solution I admit) but things seem just as bad in Germany.

Sounds like they need a complete and full lockdown - everything for 4 weeks and get the thing under control and vax a few more in that time. But I agree the thing looks hopeless - and flip-flopping policies r/e lockdown doesn't help.

Note in Scotland Sturgeon has brought forward some easing of restrictions as she's been looking at the data and acting, as opposed to Mr Blobby (the PM) who is ridgedly sticking to his timetable despite numbers falling through the floor.

Just had mine at a centre that accepts walk-in. My office is overlooking the town's biggest centre but even know Ive heard you can ask for left overs I've not felt comfortable doing that. Once I found out there was a place accepting over 30's I went for it.

I believe the centre is aimed at low-take up in certain communities.

Spain is getting much better, johnson vaccines have arrived

Hopefully, end of summer us young people should be vaccinated

lol. Just looked at the online vaccine calc for uk 20-30 age group earliest first dose 21/06. Earliest second 13/09🙄. Have things slowed down here? I honestly don’t keep up with it all

lol. Just looked at the online vaccine calc for uk 20-30 age group earliest first dose 21/06. Earliest second 13/09🙄. Have things slowed down here? I honestly don’t keep up with it all

We got a fair bit less from India than was anticipated, so has had a knock on effect

Where do you see that calc...

I know confusing

I may get it before as I am in the 40 club.....as long as I get it before Ibiza I will be happy, at this rate may only get one dose before Ibiza

I have written of the next few months and summer clubbing wise any doing any hols so September is my next hope for Ibiza....just gonna save these next few months...I am going stir crazy tho

Interesting that will slow things down again
I don’t think it’ll have much impact in the states. They’re using mostly pfizer and moderna.

Interesting to see how the MHRA (once approved) and EMA advise on its use. I think the hope was to offer it to the sub 30 group over here but given what’s happened with the AZ, thay may no longer be realistic.

J&J suspended in America due to 6 clotting incidents in 6.8m doses.

All occured in women between the ages of 18 and 48.

... was only a matter of time. Politically they want the viral vector vaccines shipped off to the 3rd world and to keep the mRNA ones for the West because there are tiny risks for a handful of people. However outside USA there are not enough mRNA vaccines to do Europe fast enough to save the Summer. J&J will ultimately get the same bad press AZ has, and they should only be using J&J on people previously infected like a "booster" saving the 2-dose ones for those not previously exposed.. But hey, age groups and policies and data privacy and all that ... :rolleyes:

The approach in Europe has been to treat someone as fully vaccinated if previously infected by only allocating one dose to them. UK doesn't do that. There's no scientific proof of how well this works. They are also already allowing vaccines to be mixed and matched. Again, with zero studies to back this up - but because caution has been thrown to the wind in the race to report better vax stats and open up economies somehow the same ultra cautios attitude is inconsistently missing from European policy making ! This is from the countries who wouldn't give out AZ on account of a small sample size of over-65s when the need was desperately pressing to vaccinate at the start of the year.

The whole vaccination oolicy affair has been a pantomine across Europe and in the meantime many lives have been lost unnecessarily.

I don’t think it’ll have much impact in the states. They’re using mostly pfizer and moderna.

Interesting to see how the MHRA (once approved) and EMA advise on its use. I think the hope was to offer it to the sub 30 group over here but given what’s happened with the AZ, thay may no longer be realistic.

It'll likely have a significant impact in USA because Janssen is the next bulk vaccine they are looking to after using vast quantities of the mRNA ones, and to speed up getting everyone "vaccinated" with one instead of two jabs. USA is highly litigious and they are very sensitive to risks of this sort of thing over there.

Reality is, they can't push back Astrazaneca without doing the same for Janssen. It's obvious there will very likely be similar risks of the same condition.

So been a geek and been positive , whats peoples thoughts on the proposed uk traffic light plan ?

My thoughts are sounds interesting , I wonder how countries will get on the uk green list , I wonder how much cheaper the pcr test will be and do you take it with you , get it in hotel ????(possibly a game changer for some of us ....)

i'm not saying these stats are 100% correct but-----

uk first dose 48.3% of pop, fully vac 11.5%

turkey first dose 13.5% of pop , fully vac 9.3%

spain first dose 16.4% of pop, fully vac 6.6%

obviously there will be other stats used as well .....im thinking book holidays now ( I have a holiday moved from last year turk very late july , iv booked one already Barcelona for late oct .....and i'm seriously considering Ibiza book now--ish ) if a country gets on green list will prices soar ??? will there be any availability ?Will countries suddenly start vaccinating superfast to get on green list......all just thoughts and was interested to hear what others thought .....

I met a mate for a lunchtime pint today. While I was disappointed to find that Henieken 0.0 doesn't keep well, and the establishment in question had clearly just assumed that the mini-keg in it's own pump would be ok, after however long it's been sat, it was great to sit and chat in a beer garden

I also booked a weekend in Brighton with the family, first weekend in June. Starting to think late August, early September Tenerife trip may happen and then eyes down for September's Veterans European Cup Tournament in Portugal.

Just call Positive* Pete!

*the good sort!

Note in Scotland Sturgeon has brought forward some easing of restrictions as she's been looking at the data and acting, as opposed to Mr Blobby (the PM) who is ridgedly sticking to his timetable despite numbers falling through the floor.

Scotland has a more cautious timetable anyway. Pubs aren't open here yet!

So been a geek and been positive , whats peoples thoughts on the proposed uk traffic light plan ?

My thoughts are sounds interesting , I wonder how countries will get on the uk green list , I wonder how much cheaper the pcr test will be and do you take it with you , get it in hotel ????(possibly a game changer for some of us ....)

i'm not saying these stats are 100% correct but-----

uk first dose 48.3% of pop, fully vac 11.5%

turkey first dose 13.5% of pop , fully vac 9.3%

spain first dose 16.4% of pop, fully vac 6.6%

obviously there will be other stats used as well .....im thinking book holidays now ( I have a holiday moved from last year turk very late july , iv booked one already Barcelona for late oct .....and i'm seriously considering Ibiza book now--ish ) if a country gets on green list will prices soar ??? will there be any availability ?Will countries suddenly start vaccinating superfast to get on green list......all just thoughts and was interested to hear what others thought .....
I was looking last night, I would prefer to go to Tenerife/Ibiza early summer because we know the places and where to avoid crowds, whilst enjoying ourselves however I think they might lump the islands into Spain instead of individually for the traffic light system - possibly Amber?

So checked out Portugal which is touted as being green, got accommodation available and very cheap flights.

Risk the small outlay before announcement or wait for prices to increase when we know?

Australia looks like canceling order for j&j vaccine and any other adenovirus vector vaccines... 🙄

Seems like it's a known issue. Hope they have some sort of mitigation process to make them "usable"

It is well known that adenovirus binds to platelets22 and causes platelet activation.22,23

There seems little will to make the "usable" even though there's clear likely treatment and detection options to handle any incidence. Aus will be in serious trouble if it cancels out of AZ. The country is manufacturing it and has their vaccine programme dependent on it ! Everyone wants mRNA vaccines - and these are the ones with no data as to possible long terms impacts. How opinion flip-flops, my own feeling is just get whatever jab is on offer and be happy you've got something that works pretty well rather than nothing !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back