☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surprise surprise - how come European countries haven't immediately suspended it while it's investigated like they did with Astrazeneca ? Oh wait ... because it's their solution to catching up with vaccination rates as a single dose vaccine and isn't linked to UK supply rows ! Same tech, almost certainly same minute risk.

EMA reviewing possible link between Johnson & Johnson vaccine and rare blood clots​

Here some more detail on the news that Europe’s drugs regulator EMA is reviewing reports of a bleeding condition in people after receiving AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine and looking into Johnson & Johnson’s shot over reports of rare blood clots.
Reuters reports:

J&J told Reuters it was aware that thromboembolic events including those with thrombocytopenia have been reported in all Covid-19 vaccines, but that, at present, no clear causal relationship has been established between these rare events and its vaccine.
The company added it was working closely with experts and regulators to assess data on blood clots occurring in people who had its vaccine.

Well, at least EMA has approved 4 vaccines for use, including the J&J (EU has approved more vaccines than UK, US, ect.). Why is UK delaying it? Maybe somebody needs to cash in first. 😉

Well, at least EMA has approved 4 vaccines for use, including the J&J (EU has approved more vaccines than UK, US, ect.). Why is UK delaying it? Maybe somebody needs to cash in first. 😉
Isn't the reverse true? AZ is the only one being sold at 'cost price' or whatever, yet Pfizer, J&J etc are 'for profit' ?

Isn't the reverse true? AZ is the only one being sold at 'cost price' or whatever, yet Pfizer, J&J etc are 'for profit' ?

Correct there are some big differences in costs, this is in Dollars but gives an idea:

The advantage of the J&J one is of course 1 dose, so one appointment and less admin but its not as effective, they were thinking before of making that the one for younger people for that reason.

Anyone see the Slovakia thing? Ordered the Russian vaccine after trials, and the batches they got 'did not look like' the trial samples. Russians asked for them back ....

Come on we've all done it.
You get the tester out of one bag, you walk away from the corner of KFC with a bag from a different pocket - get back to the hotel with nothing but salt

UK told by J&J we won't see any doses till Summer because they're all going to the EU first so there's really no rush ! Plus it's no better than a single jab of Astrazeneca so if we were looking to follow a booster-less statistics drive to pretend we've fully vaccinated more people than we properly have, we may as well just do 1 AZ and make our orders/stocks "vaccinate" twice the people.

Both AZ and J&J will effectively be obsolete in UK by September. UK will likely approve Novavax very soon and I think they are looking to that as a priority because it's made locally in UK and also seems to work well. Then we can keep all our own supplies for ourselves like everyone else is doing right now when booster time comes along !

If EU keep restricting use of AZ to the over 60s they really should do the same for J&J (and very likely Sputnik V) which means a massive blow for their vaccination programme progress estimates in younger age groups. They'll have to use all their precious pfizer and Moderna in the young !

Last edited:
So that's the end of Corona newstories in the UK for a week or two, what with Phil The Greek having bought the farm.....
I'm ready to read about coronavirus again if I'm honest. Dominating every bloody broadcast. I mean, is there any real need for that? Ridiculous. He wasn't event *that* liked

Gonna attempt to leave the planet when Queenie pops it

Just another excuse for more flagshagging

I'm ready to read about coronavirus again if I'm honest. Dominating every bloody broadcast. I mean, is there any real need for that? Ridiculous. He wasn't event *that* liked

Gonna attempt to leave the planet when Queenie pops it

Just another excuse for more flagshagging

He’s weirdly one of the few of them I liked. I mean he could go off message, but I liked his not give a sh*t attitude. And I’d imagine the last thing he’d have wanted is any of the back to back broadcasting crap stuff right now.

it's like history repeating itself ... once again swanky ski resort is epicentre of an outbreak that's spread (Brazilian variant) into the local population in Canada and likely further afield >>

Under 30s here now are only being offered pfizer and not AZ.
I only do the vaccines on a Sunday and it feels like each time I go it theres a change in protocol.

Under 30s here now are only being offered pfizer and not AZ.
I only do the vaccines on a Sunday and it feels like each time I go it theres a change in protocol.

Getting to the stage where I just want to get my course completed and have it done with, whatever that means for marginal efficacy. The risk from swithering policies and unreliable supplies is getting far more worrying than the clinical efficacy - which is a sorry indictment of handling by policymakers and counters all the scientific logic of waiting. 80% of people refused Astrazeneca in Sicily (over 60s) because of policies and media scares. I just want mine before someone finds yet another reason why I can't get it !!

In the meantime, have a family friend over 70 in France who can't get an accessible 1st dose appointment before 7th May. Crazy.

Can definitely feel the improved mood today. Went for 'Small Group' session at the gym this morning and the atmosphere was great. Good to be off Zoom and having some proper chat. Then a haircut which felt so good, first one since December 19th ! Got a coffee on the way back and despite the snow and freezing weathers, all the outside seats were taken by groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back