☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that even after 'freedom day' - they are only planning for 25% capacity of Wembley & Hampden for the Euros I think WIC was right a few pages back that freedom probably won't be 'freedom'

I think we are generally quite an obedient nation, not up there with countries like China but we do like rules, queues and organisation. I think other posters are right that most just want to get out of this mess, there's also a bit of patriotic pride I think that we have developed a vacinne the quickest and are doing the best in Europe at jabbing.

Good to see the rate for younger people is now 28% as that will have a real impact as we are the ones more likely to be working and out and about in general so that should really start to curb the infection rate further.

Yeah, maybe we are an obedient nation. It's weird as even though I actually support the restrictions until June this year, I hate the fact that we are all so accepting of it. Why the hell aren't the kids out demanding their freedom? It just worries me when people are so compliant. But as WIC said above, maybe we are just all trusting the science...

So that's the end of Corona newstories in the UK for a week or two, what with Phil The Greek having bought the farm.....

So that's the end of Corona newstories in the UK for a week or two, what with Phil The Greek having bought the farm.....
That'll mean hundreds of press, zelebs, government officials and royal families descending on the UK in the next fortnight.....

That'll mean hundreds of press, zelebs, government officials and royal families descending on the UK in the next fortnight.....
And potentially those of us who work for ourselves losing a days money if they have a pointless bank holiday for him!

(E2A: Took out calling him racist, as I have vague recollection of headlines, but not enough detail to say that)

Last edited:

The sacrifices which have to be made to get Coronavirus headlines off the top spot 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes: Queenie's properly done her bit over all this to be fair even if the rest of them haven't, I imagine this is going to hit her pretty blooming hard !

Always sad when someone dies, but to shut the efffing country down after it's been shut down for 12 months is rubbing arsenic into the wounds. I'm going down the pub on Monday and if it's not open I'll sit inside my tent boozing.

Surprise surprise - how come European countries haven't immediately suspended it while it's investigated like they did with Astrazeneca ? Oh wait ... because it's their solution to catching up with vaccination rates as a single dose vaccine and isn't linked to UK supply rows ! Same tech, almost certainly same minute risk.

EMA reviewing possible link between Johnson & Johnson vaccine and rare blood clots​

Here some more detail on the news that Europe’s drugs regulator EMA is reviewing reports of a bleeding condition in people after receiving AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine and looking into Johnson & Johnson’s shot over reports of rare blood clots.
Reuters reports:
While Anglo-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca has been caught in a turmoil over possible links to rare blood clots in the brain and abdomen, and subsequent restriction on usage of its vaccine, this is a formal disclosure of the J&J probe.
Four serious cases of rare blood clots with low platelets, one of which was fatal, have been reported after inoculation with J&J’s vaccine from its Janssen unit, the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) said.
It said five cases of capillary leak syndrome linked to AstraZeneca’s vaccine were reported. The condition, in which blood leaks from the smallest of vessels into muscles and body cavities, is characterised by swelling and a drop in blood pressure.
However, the EMA has said that “at this stage, it is not yet clear whether there is a causal association” between the vaccines and the reported conditions.
AstraZeneca did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
J&J told Reuters it was aware that thromboembolic events including those with thrombocytopenia have been reported in all Covid-19 vaccines, but that, at present, no clear causal relationship has been established between these rare events and its vaccine.
The company added it was working closely with experts and regulators to assess data on blood clots occurring in people who had its vaccine.

Surprise surprise - how come European countries haven't immediately suspended it while it's investigated like they did with Astrazeneca ? Oh wait ... because it's their solution to catching up with vaccination rates as a single dose vaccine and isn't linked to UK supply rows ! Same tech, almost certainly same minute risk.

EMA reviewing possible link between Johnson & Johnson vaccine and rare blood clots​

Here some more detail on the news that Europe’s drugs regulator EMA is reviewing reports of a bleeding condition in people after receiving AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine and looking into Johnson & Johnson’s shot over reports of rare blood clots.
Reuters reports:

J&J told Reuters it was aware that thromboembolic events including those with thrombocytopenia have been reported in all Covid-19 vaccines, but that, at present, no clear causal relationship has been established between these rare events and its vaccine.
The company added it was working closely with experts and regulators to assess data on blood clots occurring in people who had its vaccine.
😯

My guess as an arm chair scientist is that virus vector vaccines (adenovirus carrys payload to cells) are able to infect platelets which then make spike proteins and immune responds to that, and in rare cases also against platelets.

mRNA vaccines use an "oily bag" (lipid) to deliver the payload, but these are only taken up by muscle cells etc. Not platelets. Thus not seeing this problem.

Of course it's just my guess and could be pissing in the wind. But if right baggies you all owe me a lemonade when next in ibiza 😂😜

Anyone see the Slovakia thing? Ordered the Russian vaccine after trials, and the batches they got 'did not look like' the trial samples. Russians asked for them back ....

Reuters reports:

Surprise surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back