☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hospitals are bad. Been a nurse 25 years and have never seen anything remotely like this. When it really hits in a few weeks it will be carnage

I've always worked with old people so not easy to say but think younger people will get good care whatever happens, just not a good time to be old.
Aye and the cut off for being considered too old for a ventilator is scarily low here.

Not really.
Julie, 16 ans, décédée du coronavirus : une jeune fille authentique et gaffeuse.
I think the poster was referring to the hospital treatment you’d get.
Essentially a lot of DNAR will be assigned to older folk. Very sad times.

Not really.
Julie, 16 ans, décédée du coronavirus : une jeune fille authentique et gaffeuse.
I meant hospital care. And it is really really really rare for younger people or those without significant underlying conditions to become seriously ill.

What we are seeing in the hospitals is exactly what youd expect, vast majority 80+.

By now the amount of younger people who will have got it across the globe will likely be in the hundreds of thousands. A handful of deaths of younger people, though tragic, are statistically insignificant and shouldn't worry people.

To be honest a bit of panic about younger people is no bad thing if it makes people stay indoors

Fingers crossed the antibody test comes out soon as well as faster currently infected test. Would help a lot!

Did see on news last night a scientist saying a possible new way to do the latter which reduces time from over 4 hours to just over 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back