☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, im not saying we should underestimate the virus itself.
Just be wary of any news that comes across now because there's so much 'fake news' going around.
Yes exactly.. Very wary... The news really knows how to scare people..

My friend annoyed me the other day she said her friends a paramedic and he said that people are dying within an hour of getting the virus.. Bullshit

Not just nhs staff but I think it has highlighted just how important a lot of jobs are in the community.
I'm sure it's the same across the uk/eire but in my city the response from local people and offering free help to elderly or free meals/accomodation for NHS etc is amazing to see.
Still some selfish/ignorant people in the supermarkets but by in large my faith in humanity has been restored recently (slightly).

Agree wholeheartedly Soha ?

I think an upshot of this crazy scenario we are enduring will be a realisation that health workers, cleaners, truck drivers, supermarket staff and many others are far more important to our society than Holywood actors, footballers, zelebrity nobodies and youtubers etc.

Kids will be glad to go to school (mine are already saying they miss it and wish they could go back) and people will appreciate having a job.

We will cherish our time with family and friends massively.

*puts on tinfoil hat

I don't wish to get into the politics of a pandemic, but how terribly convenient for the Peoples Republic.

I can see why Trump is in such a rush to get the US back to work by Easter.

China, a regime with a terrible human rights record and Trump a man motivated by the Dollar.

As an observation, its interesting how Beijing and Shanghai the major Chinese cities have not been affected but the rest of the world has. how hasnt the virus spread there. what did china do to prevent the spread

Yes exactly.. Very wary... The news really knows how to scare people..

My friend annoyed me the other day she said her friends a paramedic and he said that people are dying within an hour of getting the virus.. Bullshit
Haha yeah I know. Social media is now full with people that have friends and family that work in IC's, hospitals, etc.
And it seems like journalists are doing all they can to search for young people dying of the virus.
In the broader picture the people that die from the virus under 50 will represent a very...very...very small percentage at the end of this crisis.

True, im not saying we should underestimate the virus itself.
Just be wary of any news that comes across now because there's so much 'fake news' going around.
True pal.
We have tried to stopped putting stuff about corona in our watsapp group.
Need at least 1 means of communication that is free from all the bad news.

the guardian savaged the Spanish government's approach yesterday. am not qualified to comment but seems a lot of bad strategic mistakes were made. god knows when it will peak.

increasingly bored shitless in the evenings, unable to even go to the shops after 7pm which is when I finish work but what you can do?

Haha yeah I know. Social media is now full with people that have friends and family that work in IC's, hospitals, etc.
And it seems like journalists are doing all they can to search for young people dying of the virus.
In the broader picture the people that die from the virus under 50 will represent a very...very...very small percentage at the end of this crisis.

You joined the panel of social media experts :)

Interesting times. How many people who clapped for the NHS last night voted for it's decimation? I wonder also if Rishi Sunak's statement regarding helping the self-employed and how they should expect to be taxed as much as the employed who they've been treated the same as, will be followed with similar rethink on NHS wages? Their can be no doubt in anyone's mind how much more NHS workers are worth now
When was that vote? Don’t think I received my ballot paper. It certainly wasn’t the general election. That is not to defend the conservative resource into the NHS. Labour would have invested more but had no strategy to source that investment. The numbers didn’t add up. At least we know now that it is inevitable that tax and NI will have to increase significantly for all to pay for what is happening now and the majority of that will come from high earners and business rates.

In a perverse way, this crisis could well work out to be the best thing that happened to the NHS in the medium and long term. It certainly won’t feel like it in the short term. But if anything is going to result in the NHS being effectively resourced in future it will be a human crisis.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an observation, its interesting how Beijing and Shanghai the major Chinese cities have not been affected but the rest of the world has. how hasnt the virus spread there. what did china do to prevent the spread

I would have imagined their totalitarian regime has an easier job of enforcing lockdowns.

I had a young local lad working with me in Africa in 2017. He went on to study at a university in China and was on a serious lockdown long before we were taking this thing seriously. We’ve kept in touch on FB over the years.

Although I don’t trust any information currently coming out of China. Prior to this they were fighting a losing battle to become the worlds greatest economy, sat behind the US and the Eurozone (coincidently the areas being hit hard right now). It’s a regime built on lies that sees it population as expendable.

Similar to a lot of country’s sadly. Which contrasts starkly when you see the effects of CV on more democratic western countries like Italy, that will give an honest account and put the safety of its citizens first.

Interesting to note the timeline of the Italian crisis and the many thousands of Chinese workers (inexpensive immigrant labour) returning to the leather factories in northern Italy.

Deeper things are happening right now and world leaders are looking ahead to see how they can emerge strongly into a post pandemic world.

Last night à 16 years old girl without health problems died from Covid-19 in Paris. ?
It's not killing only old or disabled people, it could be anyone.
Stay safe, stay at home.
Teenage girl leaving in my state as she was brought to an hospital far by 3miles to my home,then to other in Paris..
So be watchful guys when leaving home,i m happy not to take metro train to go to headquarter office and if back to office, ill ask to go to branch office far by 15mn by car ..
Government voted last sunday some law that give more power to companies,so they could take u 6days off and impose u some resting day along quarantine...thing syndicates will fight against...
No issue to fill my roll this morning,even there at 8h30 i had to queue 30mn,priority accessible to old people and health care people
The only product that lack were wheat,mixed frozen beef and some little frozen bag (maybe because last day of week)
I was wearing gloves and had gel bottle on me,the only time i scared to get the virus when goin to supermarket.
Finally safe and in Quarantine for 2 more weeks i guess.

Bolsonaro continues to be the dumbest piece of shit in the world right now.

I’ve also noticed this over the past few days.

Totally astonished.

Another countries stats that I will be closely monitoring on Worldometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back