☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.

in a nutshell, hotels being scared of the real possibility of a summer without tourists. and obviously it's not just the hotels

I don't think these hotels will just be affected for the this summer. I think tourism will be down across many parts of Europe as well as the rest of the world for the next few years, as people will have a less money until Economies pick up again. The whole world has been affected by this virus. All Economies have suffered huge damage. The Chinese Economy though hasn't really suffered.

Last night à 16 years old girl without health problems died from Covid-19 in Paris. ?
It's not killing only old or disabled people, it could be anyone.
Stay safe, stay at home.

A British diplomat 37 years old, died in Budapest hospital.

Interesting times. How many people who clapped for the NHS last night voted for it's decimation? I wonder also if Rishi Sunak's statement regarding helping the self-employed and how they should expect to be taxed as much as the employed who they've been treated the same as, will be followed with similar rethink on NHS wages? Their can be no doubt in anyone's mind how much more NHS workers are worth now

Interesting times. How many people who clapped for the NHS last night voted for it's decimation? I wonder also if Rishi Sunak's statement regarding helping the self-employed and how they should expect to be taxed as much as the employed who they've been treated the same as, will be followed with similar rethink on NHS wages? Their can be no doubt in anyone's mind how much more NHS workers are worth now
The same people that probably abused staff and constantly complained that their doctor does f*** all and its was 'foreign doctor'.
But the time for bickering is gone.

Not just nhs staff but I think it has highlighted just how important a lot of jobs are in the community.
I'm sure it's the same across the uk/eire but in my city the response from local people and offering free help to elderly or free meals/accomodation for NHS etc is amazing to see.
Still some selfish/ignorant people in the supermarkets but by in large my faith in humanity has been restored recently (slightly).

Still some selfish/ignorant people in the supermarkets but by in large my faith in humanity has been restored recently (slightly).

I was actually wondering in Marks and Sparks yesterday whether people would think I was stockpiling because I was doing full weekly shop for my household plus a full weekly shop for my parents. It's rare for me to do the weekly shop - it looks a lot in a trolley!

Last night à 16 years old girl without health problems died from Covid-19 in Paris. ?
It's not killing only old or disabled people, it could be anyone.
Stay safe, stay at home.

As with that UK girl, Chloe Middelton...im still waiting on confirmation from the medical department.
For now, we only have families saying these youngsters had no underlying health problems.
They could have health problems they didn't know about yet

I was actually wondering in Marks and Sparks yesterday whether people would think I was stockpiling because I was doing full weekly shop for my household plus a full weekly shop for my parents. It's rare for me to do the weekly shop - it looks a lot in a trolley!

Exactly ... even M&S will be rationing soon I fear, they have been very relaxed until now compared to others.

The Chinese Economy though hasn't really suffered.

*puts on tinfoil hat

I don't wish to get into the politics of a pandemic, but how terribly convenient for the Peoples Republic.

I can see why Trump is in such a rush to get the US back to work by Easter.

China, a regime with a terrible human rights record and Trump a man motivated by the Dollar.

I saw a post on FB yesterday calling for a medal for NHS workers, I think a pay rise and better terms and conditions would be welcomed sooner than a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back