☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been sent to the bedroom! Got sore throat, temperature & little cough. FFS (not sure if that curse is allowed) I apologise if not. Feel a bit rough, normally would take some tablets and crack on.
Partner been told he is not allowed to return to work, NHS hospital in London, for another 14 days after being off for 7 already, only went back for 3 days. He's gutted, he really wants to be there for his team ect.
Until we are tested this cycle could go on for however long this virus lasts. We as a family are never going to be in true isolation due to partners work. And there is no-where else for him to go after he finishes work.
If I go out even after the 7 days of isolation to get food, I'm still putting others at risk.

Been sent to the bedroom! Got sore throat, temperature & little cough. FFS (not sure if that curse is allowed) I apologise if not. Feel a bit rough, normally would take some tablets and crack on.
Partner been told he is not allowed to return to work, NHS hospital in London, for another 14 days after being off for 7 already, only went back for 3 days. He's gutted, he really wants to be there for his team ect.
Until we are tested this cycle could go on for however long this virus lasts. We as a family are never going to be in true isolation due to partners work. And there is no-where else for him to go after he finishes work.
If I go out even after the 7 days of isolation to get food, I'm still putting others at risk.

yeah you should all stay home for now. get well soon!

Good luck

sorry to hear that GS. stay strong! ?

All the best EDIT: DUDETTE ;-)

Last edited:
I realise that this subject is changing alot of people's lifes and is the focally point for many. Just got me thinking, Ibiza was trying to get away from the 18-30 crowds and aiming for a wealthier crowd, prices rises/more VIP sections/upscale hotels ect. The virus will come to an end, at some point, who knows when that will be, was just curious how people think Ibiza will respond to this when it does? Will they slash prices to get folk interested again? Will it see 18-30's happen again, like it going full circle? Think the holiday companys had the hotels over a barrel back then, will this happen again? How else will the island respond?

For me, how to handle this depends on if you are still earning and likely to continue doing so. I'm WFH, and even as a Ltd Company, likely to carry on doing so, so I'm paying our cleaner even though we've told her not to come. Between cancelled holidays refunds and days I'll now charge for WFH when I would have been abroad, I'm about £8k up.

If you're not earning, however, you've got no choice but to stop paying for things you don't have to, but the effect on cleaners/gardeners etc is going to be devastating ?

Winners and losers haha. I hadn't shelled out for any hols so no windfalls coming my way, to be honest hadn't even started ring-fencing for Summer.

I will earn zero most likely for about 4 months. I hold substantial cash reserves to see myself through times like this but trouble is this time pipeline is already hit hard and that means probably 6-7 months before I see any cash. Just can't support other people right now they'll have to fight it out with Government. Cash in hand all these years for cleaners and gardeners means they haven't paid tax most likely. Now they don;t have much declared self-employed earnings they likely won't get covered to any great extent. That's the way the cookie crumbles - you don't pay in you don't get out !

Winners and losers haha. I hadn't shelled out for any hols so no windfalls coming my way, to be honest hadn't even started ring-fencing for Summer.

I will earn zero most likely for about 4 months. I hold substantial cash reserves to see myself through times like this but trouble is this time pipeline is already hit hard and that means probably 6-7 months before I see any cash. Just can't support other people right now they'll have to fight it out with Government. Cash in hand all these years for cleaners and gardeners means they haven't paid tax most likely. Now they don;t have much declared self-employed earnings they likely won't get covered to any great extent. That's the way the cookie crumbles - you don't pay in you don't get out !

i employ 4 staff on the books and will be sorting their 80% once our key job finishes this Sunday. I also have a couple of self employed lads who work most of the time for us and form our team. I do have some reserve put away for times like this but I’m f***ed if I’m going to see any of them left behind and just use it for me. One of the guys I use confirmed today he hasn’t submitted a tax return for the last 3 years as he struggles with this sort of thing coz he is dyslexic. That’s him f***ed if I care more about my money than someone that works their arse off day in day out for me.
one of our employees immediately turned round and said he would forfeit all his holidays if I gave this lad the money from them!
I stood amongst them all today with immense pride in our team and admiration of their togetherness!
At the start of this week I told them all I understand if they want to go isolate but I have no choice to get this job done (Electrical job for a food production company) they all to a man said there is no way we are not finishing this job anything other than as a team!
Bring on Sunday when hopefully we are out of harms way and it’s finished.

I’ll spend every last pound I have on supporting our staff through this, when it’s gone it’s gone but you know what, it’s only money!
If you have your health, shelter and food right now your doing well and plenty don’t have them 3 things!I have all them things when we come out of this god awful mess I’ll class myself as winning!

times like these you will find out a lot about people! Certainly bringing out the best and worse in folk.

stay safe everyone and sorry for the drunken rant!

Another big day and sadly the death rate was over 100 in one day which is awful news. I do think people who wasn’t are taking it more seriously now, the ones that still aren’t though ‘Shame on you’.
After the self employment announcement tonight I have very mixed feelings with the governments offer. On the plus side a lot of the decorators and tradesmen I know will be able to sleep a bit easier tonight, feel very relieved for them. But on the downside as I trade as a small ltd company with just me and my wife on the payroll and her sideline self employed job. we are expecting to get just under a quarter of our average monthly income. Which is a massive hit now that Ive had to stop working. So it’s gonna be a bit of a ruff ride for a bit but hopefully not to long.
More importantly I got my health and my family are safe at home which I’m very thankful for.
Also great to hear and see so many people clapping the nhs tonight, well deserved.

i employ 4 staff on the books and will be sorting their 80% once our key job finishes this Sunday. I also have a couple of self employed lads who work most of the time for us and form our team. I do have some reserve put away for times like this but I’m f***ed if I’m going to see any of them left behind and just use it for me. One of the guys I use confirmed today he hasn’t submitted a tax return for the last 3 years as he struggles with this sort of thing coz he is dyslexic. That’s him f***ed if I care more about my money than someone that works their arse off day in day out for me.
one of our employees immediately turned round and said he would forfeit all his holidays if I gave this lad the money from them!
I stood amongst them all today with immense pride in our team and admiration of their togetherness!
At the start of this week I told them all I understand if they want to go isolate but I have no choice to get this job done (Electrical job for a food production company) they all to a man said there is no way we are not finishing this job anything other than as a team!
Bring on Sunday when hopefully we are out of harms way and it’s finished.

I’ll spend every last pound I have on supporting our staff through this, when it’s gone it’s gone but you know what, it’s only money!
If you have your health, shelter and food right now your doing well and plenty don’t have them 3 things!I have all them things when we come out of this god awful mess I’ll class myself as winning!

times like these you will find out a lot about people! Certainly bringing out the best and worse in folk.

stay safe everyone and sorry for the drunken rant!

Sounds like you have a great team so it's important to you that they are held together after this. I'm probably coloured by the fact the guy concerned in my case is a lazy unreliable git at the best of times, constantly breaks stuff through carelessness and generally takes the p!ss. He's cost me dear over the years getting other people in to finish stuff (or doing it myself having paid him). If I'd prioritized replacing him before now I would have and he has other work, so very little feeling of obligation on my part !

As far as not doing tax returns is concerned the answer is to get help from someone who can if you can't.

Sounds like you have a great team so it's important to you that they are held together after this. I'm probably coloured by the fact the guy concerned in my case is a lazy unreliable git at the best of times, constantly breaks stuff through carelessness and generally takes the p!ss. He's cost me dear over the years getting other people in to finish stuff (or doing it myself having paid him). If I'd prioritized replacing him before now I would have and he has other work, so very little feeling of obligation on my part !

As far as not doing tax returns is concerned the answer is to get help from someone who can if you can't.

fair enough mate
The first thing i said when I found out was you only had to ask for help and I would have helped. At least when this is over we can sort him out and get him doing things properly!

yes I’m very lucky with the team we have put together, I prey we all get out of this alive and with our families heath in tact.

if Science doesn’t make a serious breakthrough soon I really don’t know what the answer is in terms of returning to normal. I fear we are going to have to brave it at some point and that’s a game none of us want to be playing.

if your man is not right for the job then set him free, it will help you both in the long run.

was great to see places up and down the UK show support and a lot of love for the never ending hard work our NHS and other services are doing last night, our estate give it absolute rock all felt good to know how many have respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back