☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must be very socially conscious to worry about how many layers their mask has. Took my mum for her vaccination (AZ) at the Plymouth Argyle football stadium today - after getting through all the check stations they were doing the vaccinations in the members' lounge. Not one person in a filter mask including the vaccinators, just disposable face coverings. Pretty shocked tbh considering the likelihood of close contact exposure to infected people doing that job must entail.

I had saved a FFP3 mask each for us from the supplies I bought in March and we also used face shields. The rules are all about reducing risk of infecting others but I think people forget you can actually protect both others and yourself with a higher spec mask. My logic was having effectively shielded even from a supermarket this has to be the single biggest exposure risk we were likely to get and the last thing I wanted was her getting infected whilst going for a vaccination !

Btw ... all in all the whole thing was extremely well organized with an army of volunteers. Only second day open and was running very efficiently even with about 90% of the people there being wheeled around in wheelchairs !!!!

They've set up a vaccine for the public in one of our education centres, the bit they've got for them to wait is basically a corridor. Which is the only way to the staff canteen....

Wouldn't have been impressed if I had bought my mum here. Wouldn't mind but there are so many better and suitable locations on the site

for context Sietske Bergsma is a promovendus in law, family and criminal lawyer, journalist/columnist, academic teacher at the University of Amsterdam and the University of Leiden and yeah....her political views are right-wing. That doesn't take away any credibility.

Also she just posts the video of Dr. Fauci advising to double or even triple mask, which to me is just plain ridiculous. But please everyone, if you wanna protect yourself wear as much masks or layers on top of each other as you wish.

thanks for the clarification educated hateful people are my favourite type ... and a lawyer to boot ... jackpot !

JRM is a pompous oaf but have to say I laughed out loud at this one over Bozza's visit to the Scottish coronavirus vaccine plant in Livingstone today :lol:

100% playing into the SNP's hands. However much time you have for toffs like that down south, we have a lot less in Scotland. ;)

I'd love to knock him out. He's right up there with Patel as biggest piece of scum in that party.

I agree. But that was hilarious, credit where credit is due. Nicola Sturgeon's lack of even basic common decency in her manner (rather like JRM) make her fair game for a jousting.

I agree. But that was hilarious, credit where credit is due. Nicola Sturgeon's lack of even basic common decency in her manner (rather like JRM) make her fair game for a jousting.

I'm not traditionally a big SNP fan (in fact voted no at the last independence referendum), but AFAIK Nicola has the highest rating (only positive rating?) of any of the UK party leaders and I think that's fair enough.

100% playing into the SNP's hands. However much time you have for toffs like that down south, we have a lot less in Scotland. ;)

Really? Scotland has one of the most un-distributed land ownership in the hands of very few individuals. Highest in the western world I believe.

“The entitlement and privilege which have driven this way of life in Scotland have been built on a system that has survived almost intact since the Scottish Reformation in 1560. The lands which bear these hunting estates belong to the most exclusive cadre of landowners in the developed world. More than half of Scotland is owned by fewer than 500 people. According to the academic and land reformer, Jim Hunter, this equates to "the most concentrated pattern of land ownership in the developed world".

Really? Scotland has one of the most un-distributed land ownership in the hands of very few individuals. Highest in the western world I believe.

“The entitlement and privilege which have driven this way of life in Scotland have been built on a system that has survived almost intact since the Scottish Reformation in 1560. The lands which bear these hunting estates belong to the most exclusive cadre of landowners in the developed world. More than half of Scotland is owned by fewer than 500 people. According to the academic and land reformer, Jim Hunter, this equates to "the most concentrated pattern of land ownership in the developed world".

It works, not perfect but being sorted. Rather that than being controlled by the Lish...Boris to front illegally is an own goal for snp and the movement. Just shows how out of touch he and the Lish are

It works, not perfect but being sorted. Rather that than being controlled by the Lish...Boris to front illegally is an own goal for snp and the movement. Just shows how out of touch he and the Lish are
Going a bit off topic now.....but how concerned are the royals, Duke of E quaking in his boots? Worry about getting visas to go to Scottish castles?

Going a bit off topic now.....but how concerned are the royals, Duke of E quaking in his boots? Worry about getting visas to go to Scottish castles?
Totally off topic....actually they are welcome...however, ultimately they don’t own the estates

It's an interesting point. Maybe most of us don't realise or don't think about it. I guess the difference for people who access the countryside is they can roam pretty freely in Scotland, regardless of who owns the land. I still think someone like JRM would be shouted down quicker in Scotland than he would in England.

It's an interesting point. Maybe most of us don't realise or don't think about it. I guess the difference for people who access the countryside is they can roam pretty freely in Scotland, regardless of who owns the land. I still think someone like JRM would be shouted down quicker in Scotland than he would in England.

They do a really good of hiding it! I’m genuinely very supportive of Scottish Independence though. I think countries have the right to be governed by themselves (or the EU/€ if that’s what Scotland wants). All I would say, is we learnt from Brexit that we need facts first. So it the SNP lay out their € or Scottish Currency plan, how they will get their deficit down through austerity etc. Lay out the facts and absolutely let the people decide.

Pa Buckley's jab appointment this morning went like a dream. I'd told Ma Buckley to bring her NHS number and explain he has Parkinsons and she is his carer, even though she'd been told over the phone she'd have to wait. Quick conflab with the management and they did them both. I've just dropped them home, fully Pfizerred up :cool:

Ex wifes cousin died of coronavirus last night. 50 years old, no underlying conditions (wouldn't be surprised if was diabetic though) but very overweight. Lovely woman but was a real Covid deniar, wouldn't wear masks or anything. Very sad. She is a really well know person in her community (of Pakistani descent) hopefully will make a few people take it
more seriously

One of my team tested positive this morning, 3 weeks after getting the Pfizer. Hopefully reduces severity as she is an old overweight smoker in her 60s 🤞

I have had so much personal experience of covid, mainly from people outside of work, is this the norm? If so cant see how people dont take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back