☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that im thinking about / worrying is this....covid is mutating some of the new mutations have higher mortality rates which I think is a real worry , it is / will be brilliant less people catching covid but if this cleaver covid gets its way we will see higher deaths per 1000 with covid...this is a real worry because that will keep our hospitals full ....very sad times ......vaccinate is the only real answer to this I personally think.......look after each other and the venerable, some times its not abot protecting your self ...its about protecting others ... stay safe peeps

The thing that im thinking about / worrying is this....covid is mutating some of the new mutations have higher mortality rates which I think is a real worry , it is / will be brilliant less people catching covid but if this cleaver covid gets its way we will see higher deaths per 1000 with covid...this is a real worry because that will keep our hospitals full ....very sad times ......vaccinate is the only real answer to this I personally think.......look after each other and the venerable, some times its not abot protecting your self ...its about protecting others ... stay safe peeps
Do they 🙁 I thought that the new mutations were not more deadlier

To counter that I read reports that drugs are being used already - and are in the pipeline - that are now preventing deaths where in the first stages of the pandemic they would have certainly died. Someone who knows far more than me about this might help by providing a link if I'm correct, thanks?

frustratingly, logistical delays mean vaccine shortages.. AZ letting the side down here

Not really - the EU were very slow in placing the order and AZ only scaled up production to meet orders they had in hand. Interesting why the EU are not asking AZ to divert some of the supply to the US or India, but instead picking on the UK? I'm the complete opposite of some kind of brexiteer but it sounds like the EU are trying to deflect on their failings here.

Also the UK have had their supply cut due to AZ being unable to keep up the demand haven't we?

To counter that I read reports that drugs are being used already - and are in the pipeline - that are now preventing deaths where in the first stages of the pandemic they would have certainly died. Someone who knows far more than me about this might help by providing a link if I'm correct, thanks?
Not sure on figures but that is definitely correct, survival rate are way up on April

Just had a chat with a mate who works in ICU, f*****g scary. Stepping down to hospitals all over the country where it's less hot

I think we are finally past the peak of the 3rd wave on the balearics. mallorca has been improving for a while already and ibiza and formentera also finally start looking more stable. we still have a huge incidence, but it's not growing anymore now and I hope things keep improving.

I'm sure restaurants etc will stay shut for another month still, but maybe by 1st march - balearics day - we'll be able to sit outside on terraces again. wishful thinking of course!

First comment from me…. Over the past 12 months, I’ve sat and read over 600 pages on this forum...

I can honestly say, it is one of the few places online that guarantee intelligent discussion and insight around the pandemic. Even those comments that I categorically disagree with (and many on here do) are put forward in a fairly straight-thinking manner. This forum seems lucky enough to have escaped any real conspiracy pushers.

I work in healthcare (not front line) and it is interesting to see people’s differing views on what is / isn’t working. Most of the discussion here is sensible and has helped me remain sane over the past year. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the conversation…

I have Ibiza booked on 11th July (1 day after my wedding) and I’m keeping faith in the vaccine rollout. I accept clubs reopening is a different topic, but I’m hopeful Spain will have reinstated general tourism by mid-Summer. (@stivi always appreciate your insight in what is happening "on the ground")

If we reach a point where vaccine rollout is good across the EU and hospitalisations are extremely low (see summer 2020), then maybe clubs can reopen earlier than I anticipate (given the risk of another wave is reduced significantly by the vaccination). Wishful thinking perhaps…

First comment from me…. Over the past 12 months, I’ve sat and read over 600 pages on this forum...

I can honestly say, it is one of the few places online that guarantee intelligent discussion and insight around the pandemic. Even those comments that I categorically disagree with (and many on here do) are put forward in a fairly straight-thinking manner. This forum seems lucky enough to have escaped any real conspiracy pushers.

I work in healthcare (not front line) and it is interesting to see people’s differing views on what is / isn’t working. Most of the discussion here is sensible and has helped me remain sane over the past year. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the conversation…

I have Ibiza booked on 11th July (1 day after my wedding) and I’m keeping faith in the vaccine rollout. I accept clubs reopening is a different topic, but I’m hopeful Spain will have reinstated general tourism by mid-Summer. (@stivi always appreciate your insight in what is happening "on the ground")

If we reach a point where vaccine rollout is good across the EU and hospitalisations are extremely low (see summer 2020), then maybe clubs can reopen earlier than I anticipate (given the risk of another wave is reduced significantly by the vaccination). Wishful thinking perhaps…
Strong first post right there

welcome to the forum!

last year the island properly opened in july - without vaccines, PCR tests etc. so I am sure normal tourism will start earlier than that this year.

clubbing will heavily depend on vaccine progress & success of the coming months, but I remain optimistic we'll get some action this summer, likely in the later months of the season

last year the island properly opened in july - without vaccines, PCR tests etc. so I am sure normal tourism will start earlier than that this year.

clubbing will heavily depend on vaccine progress & success of the coming months, but I remain optimistic we'll get some action this summer, likely in the later months of the season
That's along the same lines as I'm thinking... Last summer I went to Basel twice and Berlin twice to go clubbing (all outdoor venues bar the second trip to Basel which was indoors), so I'm hopeful the hospitality sector across the EU will see some positive movement in the summer (granted the venues I went were significantly smaller than any in Ibiza).

My understanding of Ibiza 2020 was that the authorities were super strict with the no-dancing rule and staying seated, so hopefully this summer some of the bars and other venues (which kind of rely on dancing) will be able to open, even if the larger clubs do remain closed longer.

This forum seems lucky enough to have escaped any real conspiracy pushers.
C'mon...c'mon...you must know by now Ibiza doesn't exist, what happens is that Ryanair slip something into your tea at your departure airport which sends you on a week-long comatosed acid trip, you are just going round and round in circles and when you land back at your home airport you wake up and think "Wow..Ibiza...just wow...."??

Oh, you need proof? Just look how small Ibiza is on a map and just how big Amnesia is....all them people couldn't fit on a rock!!

Depressingly there are paper reports saying thet "hospitality" (bars, pubs, bonking shops) won't open until May at the earliest. They sure know how to boost spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back