☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about seamless. Different countries, different systems, some accepting, some not. Would require some serious joinedupness that I’m not confident that the UK government can achieve at the moment. Still expecting tests to be required for the rest of the year for international travel

Centralized medical records not the toughest thing to figure out. Some company is gonna make a lot of money from it. Think testing will be a part of it too though. Should be interesting to see if America and Mexico have any restrictions.

I can live with the testing in regards to travel as long as destinations have it readily available. but its the having to quarantine for 10 days regardless that will kill the industry if that stays in place.. im hoping they drop that like a bad habit after spring

Spanish health minister just saying now he reckons 70% entire population will have been vaccinated by the summer

am guessing my age group are due around June/July? Etapa 3 phase

just gotta climb the walls for 6 more months

The vaccination roll-out has actually been really good overall - and a large part of that will be because the government have had very little to do with it and it's been left to GP surgeries and local authorities to administer it.

Which is what they should have done with track and trace months ago. Anybody seen Dido Harding lately btw?

The vaccination roll-out has actually been really good overall - and a large part of that will be because the government have had very little to do with it and it's been left to GP surgeries and local authorities to administer it.

Which is what they should have done with track and trace months ago. Anybody seen Dido Harding lately btw?
They should have thrown everything at locally led track and trace in the summer when numbers were really low.

She ain't round mine

I think this exactly it. 90% of people are registered with a GP in the U.K. For its many faults, that helps a lot with this roll out.

However, I do worry about this 12 week gap between vaccines. That could still come back to bite us. Only Denmark also doing this, and Germany only considering it.

I think this exactly it. 90% of people are registered with a GP in the U.K. For its many faults, that helps a lot with this roll out.

However, I do worry about this 12 week gap between vaccines. That could still come back to bite us. Only Denmark also doing this, and Germany only considering it.

The 12 week gap I think is a possible problem with the Pfizer type vaccines. The oxford one apparently has a better efficacy with a longer than 3 week gap - the half+full dose thing with ~90% efficacy they think is actually down to the approx 9 week delay between doses (they messed that up along with the the dose size).

So so long as 12 weeks is the max for it I'm not that worried tbh?‍♂️

It'll act as a big drag on the rate of new people vaccinated in younger age groups come March though.
Yup, I mentioned this in an earlier post, and think that is why they want to be around 5m a week end of Feb, although will prob be more like end of March; they want to keep it at least 2m a week for 1st jabs?

Aren't they still giving it........masks, social distancing, same rules etc............despite the vaccine. More restrictions next winter.....

There isn't much noise from the government regarding removing restrictions. I get they've U turned about one hundred times. And probably don't won't to look silly....

But I'm sitting here thinking we ain't going to be given much back for a long time.......if at all at this rate........

Am I being paranoid? Because I really think I'm not......

Aren't they still giving it........masks, social distancing, same rules etc............despite the vaccine. More restrictions next winter.....

There isn't much noise from the government regarding removing restrictions. I get they've U turned about one hundred times. And probably don't won't to look silly....

But I'm sitting here thinking we ain't going to be given much back for a long time.......if at all at this rate........

Am I being paranoid? Because I really think I'm not......
Those masks/social distancing quotes are always from the CMO and his job is to be cautious as his role is to advise on public health and the politicians make decisions based on this. He's always misquoted in the context of what he says. Let me ask you this - Do you think in October we will be back to complete normal as before? No, there may be some things in place for safety, like mask wearing on public transport, or something like night clubs not allowed open at full capacity, or more etc. Therefore there may be restrictions still in place.

There are plenty of reasons why they're not gonna talk about removing restrictions, one being that it gives people the impression this is coming to an end and therefore they drop their guard and stick to the guidance less. Previous evidence backs this up completely and this was foreseen by most people when guidance was changed earlier in the pandemic.
I don't understand what you want them to do. Do you think that whilst we're in lockdown now they should be telling us all that it's fine because in 4 weeks pubs will be open? I'm one of our government's harshest critics but you need to have clear messaging.

On a positive note over 300k people vaccinated yesterday. At over 2m a week (And rising by all accounts) the vaccination schedules are, if anything, looking pessimistic. There have been rumours that the government (Unlike them) are under promising on the vaccine delivery, and the data so far looks to be showing this could be true.

There may not be a lot of great news in this pandemic, but we are currently at a point when there genuinely is a realistic prospect of this coming good for summer.

Those masks/social distancing quotes are always from the CMO and his job is to be cautious as his role is to advise on public health and the politicians make decisions based on this. He's always misquoted in the context of what he says. Let me ask you this - Do you think in October we will be back to complete normal as before? No, there may be some things in place for safety, like mask wearing on public transport, or something like night clubs not allowed open at full capacity, or more etc. Therefore there may be restrictions still in place.

There are plenty of reasons why they're not gonna talk about removing restrictions, one being that it gives people the impression this is coming to an end and therefore they drop their guard and stick to the guidance less. Previous evidence backs this up completely and this was foreseen by most people when guidance was changed earlier in the pandemic.
I don't understand what you want them to do. Do you think that whilst we're in lockdown now they should be telling us all that it's fine because in 4 weeks pubs will be open? I'm one of our government's harshest critics but you need to have clear messaging.

On a positive note over 300k people vaccinated yesterday. At over 2m a week (And rising by all accounts) the vaccination schedules are, if anything, looking pessimistic. There have been rumours that the government (Unlike them) are under promising on the vaccine delivery, and the data so far looks to be showing this could be true.

There may not be a lot of great news in this pandemic, but we are currently at a point when there genuinely is a realistic prospect of this coming good for summer.

Normal in October? That's my concern. Not normal again!!

I don't see where he's been misquoted. He has said we could have restrictions again in winter end of year. Van Tam has said masks could be permanent. I find that strange as WHO in March said they are counter productive.

Of course I'm not suggesting they announce pubs to open if 4 weeks. Kids aren't even in bloody school. That in itself is a disgrace. Teachers if they're happy to take the vaccine. Should be at the front of the queue. That's one thing I'd like them to do. Get kids back to school. Home schooling is terrible for a lot of children.

I suppose my point is(and a lot of others feel the same), is that i don't feel we're getting honesty. There's a narrative. And they're sticking to it. It's like we being strung along.

The Death count. Within 28 days of a positive test. Why is this?(genuine question)

I had the virus in November. If 2 weeks later I then done a deep dive to say 80m. Spent an hour at the bottom. Completely blew around 4 hours of decompression and hit the surface. I'd be dead. And it wouldn't be Covid-19. It would be the worst bout of decompression sickness anyone could have. My blood would literally be mush. That dive killed me. Yet I'd be a covid death on the news......

The daily figures. 45k positive test, 1100 deaths within 28 days of positive test. However 68k have done their 10 days quarantine without any medical assistance at all and can now return to work. That would take the sting out of the announcement. They don't want to do it. They want this hysteria amongst the public. People are losing all context with regards to Covid-19.

Professor Neil Ferguson. They need to stop using that dudes calculator. He's woefully out with everything he predicts. Yet he's still there.....Just not as part of SAGE apparently.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see yet another new strain around mid March. Just as we expect rules to be relaxed just ever so slightly.........

I genuinely hope I'm going to look bloody stupid for this post in July. My gut feeling is I won't be. To the point where I'll wager 100 quid with you for any charity of your choice. That you won't be standing in a nightclub here in the UK come October?

Normal in October? That's my concern. Not normal again!!

I don't see where he's been misquoted. He has said we could have restrictions again in winter end of year. Van Tam has said masks could be permanent. I find that strange as WHO in March said they are counter productive.

Of course I'm not suggesting they announce pubs to open if 4 weeks. Kids aren't even in bloody school. That in itself is a disgrace. Teachers if they're happy to take the vaccine. Should be at the front of the queue. That's one thing I'd like them to do. Get kids back to school. Home schooling is terrible for a lot of children.

I suppose my point is(and a lot of others feel the same), is that i don't feel we're getting honesty. There's a narrative. And they're sticking to it. It's like we being strung along.

The Death count. Within 28 days of a positive test. Why is this?(genuine question)

I had the virus in November. If 2 weeks later I then done a deep dive to say 80m. Spent an hour at the bottom. Completely blew around 4 hours of decompression and hit the surface. I'd be dead. And it wouldn't be Covid-19. It would be the worst bout of decompression sickness anyone could have. My blood would literally be mush. That dive killed me. Yet I'd be a covid death on the news......

The daily figures. 45k positive test, 1100 deaths within 28 days of positive test. However 68k have done their 10 days quarantine without any medical assistance at all and can now return to work. That would take the sting out of the announcement. They don't want to do it. They want this hysteria amongst the public. People are losing all context with regards to Covid-19.

Professor Neil Ferguson. They need to stop using that dudes calculator. He's woefully out with everything he predicts. Yet he's still there.....Just not as part of SAGE apparently.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see yet another new strain around mid March. Just as we expect rules to be relaxed just ever so slightly.........

I genuinely hope I'm going to look bloody stupid for this post in July. My gut feeling is I won't be. To the point where I'll wager 100 quid with you for any charity of your choice. That you won't be standing in a nightclub here in the UK come October?
The only figure that really matters at the moment is the 37,475 beds being taken up by people with coronavirus in acute hospitals. In large parts of the country the system is hanging on by a thread. More and more vital treatment having to be postponed. The government simply can't let the acute hospital system fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back