☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the answer to covid under our nose? https://nocamels.com/2021/01/sanotize-uk-clinical-trial-covid-nasal-spray/
Oftern wondered, seeing as the nose is the point of entry and the virus inhabits those areas first before moving on, (sorry, this might be a bit gross!!) if people who clean their nose out with their fingers are actually doing themselves a favour removing the breeding ground for covid?
Although I assume the breeding ground would be the back of the nose above the throat before it moves to the lungs?
Anyhow, spraying yourself with nitrus oxide couldkick-off the Trumpists "Oh, Orange God was on the right lines all along...."
Pick it lick it roll it flick it

Just checked our ratr
"Burnley's rate of infection is now approaching the 1,000 cases per 100,000"

We've never been over 170 per 100,000, it's incredibly frustrating being locked down in areas like mine when rates are consistently very low - they only seem to go up when tourists come in school holidays and even then it's only a bit. All they have to do in order to get rates to collapse here is shut the local pub !

We've never been over 170 per 100,000, it's incredibly frustrating being locked down in areas like mine when rates are consistently very low - they only seem to go up when tourists come in school holidays and even then it's only a bit. All they have to do in order to get rates to collapse here is shut the local pub !
I hear what your saying, but think that at least if the whole country is in lockdown, it gives everyone a sense of solidarity, rather then resentment and jealousy that Joe blogs a few miles down the road is in a lower tier.

I hear what your saying, but think that at least if the whole country is in lockdown, it gives everyone a sense of solidarity, rather then resentment and jealousy that Joe blogs a few miles down the road is in a lower tier.

I am reminded of 2 jags Prescott - shot his mouth off about privilege for decades and the minute he got access to money couldn't wait to stack up the status symbols. I can guarantee you if boot was on other foot for people currently in high risk areas they would feel the same way I do !!

New cases down from 55k to just over 46k. (UK) That's an amazing drop, and the numbers have been coming down so it doesn't look an one-off. If this lockdown's working it's working faster than the first - but starting from a higher base of course.

**Hope it's not back in the 50k's tomorrow - commentator's curse and all that!

New cases down from 55k to just over 46k. (UK) That's an amazing drop, and the numbers have been coming down so it doesn't look an one-off. If this lockdown's working it's working faster than the first - but starting from a higher base of course.

**Hope it's not back in the 50k's tomorrow - commentator's curse and all that!
Afraid sun and mon usually the lower reported numbers due to weekend delays and people going for less tests on Sunday etc.
Tues and wed usually the worst days when figures catch up ?

Afraid sun and mon usually the lower reported numbers due to weekend delays and people going for less tests on Sunday etc.
Tues and wed usually the worst days when figures catch up ?
True, but better than last Monday (58k)! Weekend affects death figures more than testing though, looking at the graphs bears this out. Best daily total since Dec 28.

True, but better than last Monday (58k)! Weekend affects death figures more than testing though, looking at the graphs bears this out. Best daily total since Dec 28.
True that! Although where you seeing the figures? Gov site is still showing Sunday.

Finally updated now, numbers lower which is defo good

Last edited:
Think me and Halley are in a fortunate position to work for the NHS, I'm off at the mo, but my colleague has got a vaccine booked for this sunday, contacted me, did I mind them going at lunch time. I'm not front line tho and will feel little guilty taking it, would actually prefer to give it to my mum, who's now in her 70s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back