☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our sites are currently all up and running which is different to first time round where we could not do anything at all for about 3 months!
Also the social distancing on site is none existent, especially when deadlines are approaching! Some construction work is near impossible to do distanced but ramming every trade into one house because the job is behind sadly can be avoided! Unfortunately this is the picture across the country! Money talks!

Exactly this. It won't stop until Government shuts down building sites and non-essential works to private homes for a month or two.

Worcester town centre was no quieter than a normal Sunday, with big group of middle aged men / women stood outside coffee shops for a catch up.

Might be time to crack down on the takeaways instead of them worrying whether people are sat on their own in cars in a lay-by looking at somewhere pretty drinking a flask of coffee from home (posing next to zero public health risk !) ! If you cut off the food and drink a huge % of people won't bother going out. However, the real problem as we all know is the sneaking in and out of each others' homes. We're into the equivalent of prohibition now and the harder they crack down the more determined people will become to rebel.

Might be time to crack down on the takeaways
we said similar the first 'lock down' although its pretty obvious now that a lot of people are using a weekend takeaway as their only source of enjoyment atm. take away that and I truly believe that will be turning point for quiet a lot of people ..the frustration will level up and that's certainly not something needed

Exactly this. It won't stop until Government shuts down building sites and non-essential works to private homes for a month or two.

Might be time to crack down on the takeaways instead of them worrying whether people are sat on their own in cars in a lay-by looking at somewhere pretty drinking a flask of coffee from home (posing next to zero public health risk !) ! If you cut off the food and drink a huge % of people won't bother going out. However, the real problem as we all know is the sneaking in and out of each others' homes. We're into the equivalent of prohibition now and the harder they crack down the more determined people will become to rebel.
Problem is if they stop it many will go under! In that 3 months last time I had 10k go out of my bank more than what came in! Not eligible for any grants! Taken an 50k loan to hopefully help over the coming years!

we cannot afford to stop again if the support is going to be the same!

I also appreciate others have had it far worse, I’m just trying to give some context from a personal point of view within the construction industry.

I think the point I was making (bearing in mind I’d been awake all night and miserable) was that it’s not a proper lockdown.

The finger has been pointed at educational establishments as being the cause, but are Janet, Steve and Isaac all really distancing at work?

Our sites are currently all up and running which is different to first time round where we could not do anything at all for about 3 months!

Nothings changed on the one im on. Worked through last ‘lockdown’ working through this one. Few keep your distance signs up jobs a goodin:lol:

Here’s another example - Next Home shop is open in my town (one of the many retail parks), how does that fit as essential? This is also alongside a massive Boots which is classed as essential as it has a Pharmacy, but the whole shop is open.
So when you’ve finished collecting your antidepressants, have a browse around the store for some Soap and Glory. Peruse the Foster Grants sunglasses stand or pick up a 36exp Kodak film. When you’ve done that, nip to Next and treat yourself to a bedding set with your government furlough/grant money.

Same with the whole of M & S being open because of the food bit - admittedly I've not been in since this lockdown.

Mrs picked some children clothes up from Next today, can't go in though click and collect - children do grow a little faster than adult so a 3 month lockdown could cause issues!

Boots meal deals still available last week. One of our offices looks onto the high street, there are loads of folk loitering around drinking coffee, same faces every day ?

Cancellation of the Lauberhorn races: British tourist infected almost 30 people in Wengen

60 corona cases were reported in Wengen within four weeks. Almost half of this can be traced back to a single British tourist. Initially, this person may not have known anything about his infection, says a spokesman for the Bern healthdepartment for the “Tages-Anzeiger”.

Same with the whole of M & S being open because of the food bit - admittedly I've not been in since this lockdown.

Mrs picked some children clothes up from Next today, can't go in though click and collect - children do grow a little faster than adult so a 3 month lockdown could cause issues!

Boots meal deals still available last week. One of our offices looks onto the high street, there are loads of folk loitering around drinking coffee, same faces every day ?
Same with The Range, one Isle with fairly liquid then you can browse their selection of crossbows

B&M must be like kryptonite to the virus because nobody in there ever seems to be wearing face masks.

I think the difference compared to last lockdown is that the majority of shops are actually still open in some format - they're either click and collect or order at the door, and the same with restaurants. You've then got more people at work, more people driving, more people who need petrol, more people who need to buy food for work - it's why everywhere seems busier than before, chain reaction. The only thing that's fully stopped has been services.

B&M must be like kryptonite to the virus because nobody in there ever seems to be wearing face masks.

I think the difference compared to last lockdown is that the majority of shops are actually still open in some format - they're either click and collect or order at the door, and the same with restaurants. You've then got more people at work, more people driving, more people who need petrol, more people who need to buy food for work - it's why everywhere seems busier than before, chain reaction. The only thing that's fully stopped has been services.
Click n collect
Wtf is that all about?

Exactly that, some workplaces only closed last time because there was no sanitiser at all, no face masks, nobody really knew what to do, and furloughing everyone seemed the right thing to do. But over time places have realised that if they stay furloughed forever they will no doubt lose customers forever, staff get demoralised and also there's personal pride in being open and getting on with business too.

Also the weather is a factor, its cold and wet so people are driving whereas in April it seemed everyone was walking and cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back