☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that! Although where you seeing the figures? Gov site is still showing Sunday.

Finally updated now, numbers lower which is defo good
Yeah, they were later than usual putting them up - but Hancockup announced them during the briefing and the Guardian immediately published it. Still not updated on the BBC's page though!
If those numbers continue to fall, and they should, it kinda proves that full lockdown - maybe even for a short period - works whereas the partial tiered system simply doesn't. Helps of course the kids being off school, we know where the blame lies!! Certainly can't blame the rise on the Dog and Partridge. Been shut for 10 weeks.

Think me and Halley are in a fortunate position to work for the NHS, I'm off at the mo, but my colleague has got a vaccine booked for this sunday, contacted me, did I mind them going at lunch time. I'm not front line tho and will feel little guilty taking it, would actually prefer to give it to my mum, who's now in her 70s.
Not sure I feel that fortunate currently ?

Not sure I feel that fortunate currently ?
It is what is a guess, I did work in private a while ago, wonder how they stand now. Think we all join to help people and been in a position where we aren't passing it on to the people we work with, I guess I'm all up for that.

It is what is a guess, I did work in private a while ago, wonder how they stand now. Think we all join to help people and been in a position where we aren't passing it on to the people we work with, I guess I'm all up for that.
More the 'work is really really f***ing horrible at the moment' than about the vaccine. Not a good day

More the 'work is really really f***ing horrible at the moment' than about the vaccine. Not a good day
You are front line and that's why I feel guilty, saw something on Facebook pubs to reopen 30th Feb, even told my mum and sister, but was like no think that will be to soon and then it cropped up today's on a friends page. It wasn't till someone said basically there isn't 30 days in Feb, I was like ah yeah haha my point is even during these times, we all need to cling on to some humour x

You are front line and that's why I feel guilty, saw something on Facebook pubs to reopen 30th Feb, even told my mum and sister, but was like no think that will be to soon and then it cropped up today's on a friends page. It wasn't till someone said basically there isn't 30 days in Feb, I was like ah yeah haha my point is even during these times, we all need to cling on to some humour x
Normally I'm able to see the bright side but struggling to right now x

You know we need something to take our minds off this, you should think yourself lucky, normally would put a tune or 2 from YouTube haha x

Anyone who thinks the UK is in (full) lockdown needs to see the amount of traffic on the M6 in the morning.

People who stopped work last time round are likely working this time round as their finances will be on a knife edge by now. If tradespeople especially are all working on non-emergency jobs and sites, and households with only one keyworker all taking their kids to school, there will be a huge uplift in activity on the roads. It's not all down to Marge and Madge having a clandestine meetup at the Range !

People who stopped work last time round are likely working this time round as their finances will be on a knife edge by now. If tradespeople especially are all working on non-emergency jobs and sites, and households with only one keyworker all taking their kids to school, there will be a huge uplift in activity on the roads. It's not all down to Marge and Madge having a clandestine meetup at the Range !
Agreed, however when I went to the shop Sunday to grab some things, Worcester town centre was no quieter than a normal Sunday, with big group of middle aged men / women stood outside coffee shops for a catch up.

Our sites are currently all up and running which is different to first time round where we could not do anything at all for about 3 months!
Also the social distancing on site is none existent, especially when deadlines are approaching! Some construction work is near impossible to do distanced but ramming every trade into one house because the job is behind sadly can be avoided! Unfortunately this is the picture across the country! Money talks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back