☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
On an unrelated note.....

My mum fell at 10.30am this morning. Phoned 111 (non emergency healthcare) as she badly needs analgesia as in a lot of pain (thankfully I am well stocked so she is okay). Still waiting for a clinician to call back 9 hours later. This is the health service starting to collapse, fear for anyone needing urgent health care.

I'm sure there is a joke somewhere about letting her die but I'm too tired to think of it
Shit dude, hope she gets seen to sharpish

My mum fell at 10.30am this morning. Phoned 111 (non emergency healthcare) as she badly needs analgesia as in a lot of pain (thankfully I am well stocked so she is okay). Still waiting for a clinician to call back 9 hours later. This is the health service starting to collapse, fear for anyone needing urgent health care.

I'm sure there is a joke somewhere about letting her die but I'm too tired to think of it
Really hope your Mum is OK. Additional stress and worry that you could do without x

Hope she gets well soon. I am definitely not the one to make those kind of jokes.

Interesting radio interview here with a former doctor and professor just now.
He says we can keep extending lockdowns without any perspective if we don't work on expanding healthcare instead of focussing on a virus.

Another interesting statement he just made...perhaps it's nature's will that we die around 70-80. Why would we want to become 80-90 per se?
We invest loads of money in 'making people older' but when they get sick...our health system collapses.
A healthier lifestyle, better medical facilities etc can make life more bearable and better in the early 80's than 40's! I don't want to be looking at 75 and thinking the curtain's coming down. Up until 82-83 my old man was still driving mum and his caravan up and down the country enjoying life.
Then we might get sick and die. But late 80's please, not mid 70's.

My biggest worry though is Alzhiemer's.

ibiza going back into phase 4 as cases have spiked massively. restaurants & bars closed as from weds for at least 2 weeks (I guess quite a bit longer)

ibiza going back into phase 4 as cases have spiked massively. restaurants & bars closed as from weds for at least 2 weeks (I guess quite a bit longer)

What's Spain's timetable for getting the most vulnerable vaccinated?

UK is mid feb, but we all know it's more likely mid to end March. Just wondering how other European countries stack up, and how that would affect summer tourism.

Should never have offered to pay staff. But there is a serious ethical issue where vaccines are going to waste. It's morally wrong imho to throw them away rather than allow someone to have them just because of age.

But not confined to your houses, schools and non-essential retail still open this time !!

Should never have offered to pay staff. But there is a serious ethical issue where vaccines are going to waste. It's morally wrong imho to throw them away rather than allow someone to have them just because of age.
I know one local GP surgery isn’t letting them go to waste. They call folks daily in the afternoon to see if anyone can come immediately if there’s any “spare” that would otherwise go to waste.

They’re asking people to let their families know who are reigstered at the practice too if they can come. There was a queue outside the other day and not a single dose was thrown away.

Would imagine other places are doing similar.

I know one local GP surgery isn’t letting them go to waste. They call folks daily in the afternoon to see if anyone can come immediately if there’s any “spare” that would otherwise go to waste.

They’re asking people to let their families know who are reigstered at the practice too if they can come. There was a queue outside the other day and not a single dose was thrown away.

Would imagine other places are doing similar.
Relative a GP, threw some doses away as 'no one to give them to'. Was stunned, hopefully that's an outlier.

On a positive note Big Joan booked in for hers on Thursday

Really big news from the U.K. for under 50’s and a lot of people on this forum.

Matt Hancock says everyone in the U.K. will be offered a vaccine by autumn. That’s a relief as it hadn’t been confirmed that under 50’s will be offered one. So, I would imagine that 35-50 years olds should have some freedom to have a summer and travel at some point, obviously dependent on how the vaccine programme is delivered abroad.

Last edited:
Really big news from the U.K. for under 50’s and a lot of people on this forum.

Matt Hancock says everyone in the U.K. will be offered a vaccine by autumn. That’s a relief as it hadn’t been confirmed that under 50’s will be offered one. So, I would imagine that 35-50 years olds should have some freedom to have a summer and travel at some point, obviously dependent on how the vaccine programme is delivered abroad.
??

AcceptableNastyAtlasmoth-size_restricted.gif

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back