☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough if people still find it useful. I probably misjudged the mood. Not my forum and not for me to preach. (feel the back pedal!)

I stick by my second comment though. I'd be interested to know how people are coping. Quietly getting wasted at home or actually doing stuff?

Genuinely working from home. Any time saved I think I've spent on my garden (Inc installing a pond), bit more running, bit more catching up with TV shows, also sorting out my dad's flat for sale... There's been times when my drinking has expanded into the week & I've had to work on reducing again.

Pos
Managed to save some money from not going out and cancelled Ibiza trips. Tbh, I’ve had a lot to pay for and also treated myself at “HiFi Serious” so a positive in one sense.

Decorated the whole of upstairs including renovating one set of wardrobes and fitting new ones in our room.

Got loads of bitty jobs done around the house/garden.

Finding new music

Negs-

Hardly seen my mates

Work is shit

No blowout weekends

General feeling of fed up

Edit - need to lose 27lb in weight

As above,
Negatives...
Feeling very fed up.
Been drinking more that usual.
Explored some psychedelics that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise.
Miss going out to clubs and pubs
Lockdown made child custody arrangements etc a little trickier

Pros...
Greatful that iv a stable job
Gyms back open.

As above,
Negatives...
Feeling very fed up.
Been drinking more that usual.
Explored some psychedelics that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise.
Miss going out to clubs and pubs
Lockdown made child custody arrangements etc a little trickier

Pros...
Greatful that iv a stable job
Gyms back open.
I thought I’d be buzzin back at the gym but I’ve not been. I go for two weeks or so then Jack it in again ?

I thought I’d be buzzin back at the gym but I’ve not been. I go for two weeks or so then Jack it in again ?
The gym I usually go to the changing rooms or showers aren't open, so it's annoying having to change in the car if if I'm coming straight from work.

I really miss not being able to get a shower afterwards too ?

negatives:
- very fed up with the situation
- missing clubbing really bad and because of my inlaws (high risk group) we behaved very well all summer - we didn't hit one villa party this season ?
- alc consumption has definitely gone up a bit
- same as lots of other people living on the balearic islands and living off tourism and/or clubbing, economic situation is truly dire
- apart from missing clubbing I simply miss seeing people!

positives:
- my wife and I are still happily together! ? saying this because we've had lots of lockdown/post-lockdown breakups in our social circle

EDIT: forgot to add on the positive side, never felt happier not living in a big city.

Last edited:
I keep a diary of how much I'm drinking so I don't go over 24 units/week. Means three decent boozing days out of seven, the rest of the time is just lounging around the house, there'll be no carpet left with the amount of hoovering I'm doing to pass the time...

If it were the fortnight of summer we sometimes get at least I could mow the lawn and trim my bush back.

The non-drinking evenings can be passed by viewing educational websites. Yes, them. ?

Pros We're lucky where we live it's like normal only no tourists,still working, parents live 10k away and have no trouble visiting.My OH family are from here she has 4 uncles and 2 Aunts all with kids and big into family gatherings and the likes which I'm not as much. So didn't miss all that BS all summer..
Negs, house is always full so hard to get the leg over..?

Can somebody explain to me how/why there has been no excess mortality in the UK going back 22 weeks since June? Not trying to stir shit here I genuinely don't understand it. Surely in a pandemic you expect more people than usual to die over such a long period

Can somebody explain to me how/why there has been no excess mortality in the UK going back 22 weeks since June? Not trying to stir shit here I genuinely don't understand it. Surely in a pandemic you expect more people than usual to die over such a long period
Basically the peak excess death March - June time kinda killed a lot directly or indirectly from covid. Then normal hospitals services started to restart when case numbers where low.

Now case numbers are shooting through the roof, hospital admissions are up and now starting to see the deaths pilling up. (Excess deaths are now on rise again)

The "quiet" period when we was at or just under expected excess deaths was the period where the virus was under control. It's not now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back