☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say you have zero understanding of what it is like to be elderly or what matters to people over a "certain age". Isolation from family is probably the single cruelest thing you could do to them.

So no, you should not. Younger people need to modify their behaviour and think of others rather than their selfish selves, and if that means doing without things which they enjoy or otherwise aspire to for a year or two with likely many more ahead in order to be able to safely offer company to their elderly parents or grandparents with considerably fewer ahead then that is, on the balance of things, a small sacrifice to ask of them. After all, many will be only too quick to be first in line when a windfall showers out of their elderly relatives' coffins.

Can't wait for the next pandemic when the boot is on the other foot and you are left all alone for weeks on end in your dotage following your own mantra. Hope you are ready to step aside for the younger generation and be isolated for a year .... for your own safety, you understand... unless you obligingly pop your clogs (alone and isolated) early to save the next generation some tax euros and divide up what you leave behind :rolleyes:
I can see it from all sides -

Elderley in laws who are almost housebound due to self isolating.

A mum who has chosen my mental sister as her bubble (massive falling out on that front).

A wife who is in a small family construction business that is losing work.

A daughter with a First Class Law degree. Massive competition for limited training contracts, so only sensible option is post grad studies. Lucky enough to be doing a Masters at a top Uni, overall cost for year in excess of 30k for fees and accommodation. We've even taken out a loan to help pay for it. All online since she's been there!!

Another daughter with good A levels who didn't want to go to Uni. Almost zero apprenticeship opportunities, now doing an Art Foundation at College. Part-time at pub which is zero hours and not getting much work. Yesterday she taught herself how to Crochet for something to do.

It’s shit for everyone one way or the other and I really try my best to respect everyone’s views even if they are not my own
Me too. Theres a lot of opinions on each facet of this, supported by people with excellent credentials making compelling arguments backed up with solid looking data. Its easy to be confused , and change ones mind (daily!) as to how to best approach things.

Personally I would wind the thread up now. What hasn't already been said? Otherwise it just gets bitter and emotional and achieves what? If you can't persuade people then it's just headbanging. (yes am guilty too)

It might be more useful if people instead shared tips on staying positive, keeping morale up, ways of coping. Also how to best support the music scene and the industries which are most devastated. I thought that Music Walk of Fame debate in IBZ a few weeks back was really interesting. where do we go from here. Well worth a watch if anyone missed it.

Personally I would wind the thread up now. What hasn't already been said? Otherwise it just gets bitter and emotional and achieves what? If you can't persuade people then it's just headbanging. (yes am guilty too)

It might be more useful if people instead shared tips on staying positive, keeping morale up, ways of coping. Also how to best support the music scene and the industries which are most devastated. I thought that Music Walk of Fame debate in IBZ a few weeks back was really interesting. where do we go from here. Well worth a watch if anyone missed it.
This

Can somebody sum up this thread in a few words? I haven't managed to read it since page 1 and don't fancy going through 443 pages, cheers
Its a global crisis
Older people are increasingly isolated due to the fact they are most at risk.
Young people are paying for it and will for decades to come
Individuals are experiencing restrictions that they have never known in their lifetime, which may impact on mental health and wellbeing

Younger people need to modify their behaviour and think of others rather than their selfish selves

Wow,.... neither the young people, nor the Chinese, nor anyone else is responsible for this pandemic !
The young people should change their behaviour.... then everything will be better.... hmmmm ?
Why are there then, with the professional athletes, politicians, actors, etc.... living in there " Bubble " Infections without end ?
They are almost totally isolated, so there should be no infections ?

To blame somebody is just bullshit, and what speaks against the statement to protect the elderly, and in an emergency to isolate them I don't understand!
What is the alternative for them ?

I think this thread is still open to Cull the old ravers and non ticket buyers,I see people throwing bones out there at certain forum members to see will they Bite .. ? ? that's why I don't get involved in any arguments.. My comedy just keeps me posting on here to lighten things up a bit ... so with that in mind, I'm out..

The reality is, that this could have been a virus that affected youngsters: babies, toddlers maybe even teenagers. Maybe the next pandemic will? We would expect the older generation to do there bit then, and I'm quite certain they would oblige

It's nobody's fault but we are all in this together

I think this thread is still open to Cull the old ravers and non ticket buyers,I see people throwing bones out there at certain forum members to see will they Bite .. ? ? that's why I don't get involved in any arguments.. My comedy just keeps me posting on here to lighten things up a bit ... so with that in mind, I'm out..
Close it down
@stivi @McRackin
Please:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back