☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a non-smoker, I cannot disagree with this. A pack of cigarettes should indeed cost more than a cheap flight to Ibiza! Well done ?
That should stop them smoking...I'm a non smoker too.... A 30g pouch of American Spirit is what my Mrs smokes is €20

Last edited:
also: berlin's club commission runs a test next two weekend with doing rapid tests in front of some clubs. just read this now.
Obviously clubs are desperate to open their doors again but with rapid tests being so inaccurate (up to 10 in 100 infected persons are not detected) it's a pipe dream to think antigen testing before indoor events will be a gamechanger.

Obviously clubs are desperate to open their doors again but with rapid tests being so inaccurate (up to 10 in 100 infected persons are not detected) it's a pipe dream to think antigen testing before indoor events will be a gamechanger.

Maybe, but these trials are not only looking to weed out infected people entering, but monitor infection within the events themselves. In that sense, it would actually be beneficial for a few to slip through the net so we get a better understanding of how risky they are or not

the new antigen tests have a really high reliability I thought?

Thank you it can be hard, especially when I have been stressed and out with friends and they smoke?
It's so much harder when you are around other smokers.. Even more so when you are stressed! Keep doing what you are doing though. You've made it through the first month which is a huge achievement.

Approx 400 people under age of 40 have died of Covid (related) in uk. And approx 400 people with no known underlying health issues under the age of 60 have died of Covid in The uk.

It said on BBC there now that average age of codid deaths is 82years

I googled the average life expectancy in the UK and its 81years

??‍♂️
Yup, but it also said the average age of admissions for covid was 60. So that means a lot ~60 yr olds needing several weeks in hospital and recovering. So pretty big pressure on hospital beds coming into winter.
(Also if avg is 60 means people younger must be been admitted too)

Maybe, but these trials are not only looking to weed out infected people entering, but monitor infection within the events themselves. In that sense, it would actually be beneficial for a few to slip through the net so we get a better understanding of how risky they are or not
The first reported super spreading events in Germany back in March took place in Berlin Clubs like Trompete where out of 300 people 20 oder so got infected by just one covid positive person if I remember correctly. I really don't see the point of being able to monitor infections within a club at this moment as any result would be nowhere near universally valid. The eventual occurrence of infection depends on so many different aspects e.g. behavioural aspects as well as the health status of a false negative tested person on that night that there is not a lot of information to gain considering the risks. Rapid testing only makes sense with a higher accuracy.

Well I guess because, if you want to challenge government on policy, you at least need to say "they did this here and found x, y & z" Even if the furthest it will take you is getting your own government to agree to similar trials. Response to the pandemic is being data driven, not anecdotal. Doing nothing is no longer an option. The industry needs to be proactive

We might be here this time next year and it could all be for nothing, but I'd rather say we tried

so while I agree with you that now is not the ideal moment, sadly time is not a commodity we have much of

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back