☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno,I'm still not believing 90% of the crap they tell us.. I do have a sore throat though....
It's ok, manflu is still worse ?

Plenty of interviews with peeps with long covid. Basically covid19 for those puts the immune system out of whack. Good read:

I know a few people who have some of these symptoms, and they ain't old people either. Guess luck of the draw and keep taking vitamin D ?

Any Scousers on the forums? If so unlucky folks :( pubs, bars and betting shops all to close.

Very much an experiment that, if works more will go 'high alert' if it doesnt then I can see National restrictions again.

Is it a condition for venues who got grants from the UK Govt today to all Tweet / Social Media the same thank you message ? :lol:

There are still quite a few Covid19 skeptics around here. I don't think you can convince them with rational arguments, it's more a matter of belief now. If you show their arguments to be incorrect, they will simply change the topic and claim the numbers are only growing because more and more tests are being done, or that there is no proof the virus will continue spreading at the same rate, or that the situation isn't bad yet and thus there is no reason to worry. Really pointless to argue, I am just glad the majority here in the country supports and follows anti-Covid measures.

Current numbers here in Germany aren't bad (currently 590 Covid patients in ICU, with over 7,000 ICU beds still available). But the number of ICU patients is growing steadily, it's just a question of time until we run out of capacity.

120973374_10214875659403348_444794933255945102_n.jpg

There are still quite a few Covid19 skeptics around here. I don't think you can convince them with rational arguments, it's more a matter of belief now. If you show their arguments to be incorrect, they will simply change the topic and claim the numbers are only growing because more and more tests are being done, or that there is no proof the virus will continue spreading at the same rate, or that the situation isn't bad yet and thus there is no reason to worry. Really pointless to argue, I am just glad the majority here in the country supports and follows anti-Covid measures.

Current numbers here in Germany aren't bad (currently 590 Covid patients in ICU, with over 7,000 ICU beds still available). But the number of ICU patients is growing steadily, it's just a question of time until we run out of capacity.

yes exactly. A few denialists have been appearing on my FB timeline too. It's awkward because they are people I know and like and not people you would call wackos. The frustration is getting too much for some and it leads to suspicion and resentment. I don't get involved in those arguments anymore because it achieves nothing. I do understand the despair though. Especially people in the arts and music.

Don't want to hijack the thread with the arts funding talk, but RA got awarded £750K!!! They're a ticketing platform and news site FFS

I'm not anti RA or even anti them getting support, but to get that much at the expense of cultural institutions which were denied or overlooked is beyond wrong

For perspective, Village Underground & Corsica Studios got £400K each

on flight safety (obvs very much including wearing masks)

Have you been on a flight the past six/seven months? Masks are a joke on airplanes. You can take them off while eating and drinking and the first thing the airline does when you are airborne is trying to sell you food and drinks asap. Basically, 90% of the travellers wear masks only during liftoff and landing because that's when they don't sell food and drinks.

If there's one thing preventing contamination on airplanes it's ventilation.

Have you been on a flight the past six/seven months? Masks are a joke on airplanes. You can take them off while eating and drinking and the first thing the airline does when you are airborne is trying to sell you food and drinks asap. Basically, 90% of the travellers wear masks only during liftoff and landing because that's when they don't sell food and drinks.

If there's one thing preventing contamination on airplanes it's ventilation.

I have taken two flights in this period. in both flights the flight attendants were continuously reminding people not to take them off. also, there was no onboard service because of covid.

100% opposite experience.

BA flights from Heathrow to Ibiza and return, it was made very clear that masks were to be worn throughout the duration of the flight except when drinking or eating. No service per se, but a complimentary 330ml bottle of water and a packet of crisps was handed to each passenger before take-off. There were reminders about facemasks throughout the flight, though I think this was scripted as opposed to targeted complaints. From what I saw, everybody complied. We saved our refreshments for long after we had exited the terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back