☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
on this

would be nice to hear from more people taking flights this summer. what was everyone's experience?
Been away 3 times since lockdown and can't say anything other than the mask situation was strict. Both Easyjet and Jet2 the staff were on it if you weren't drinking then masks on no messing.. no free movement around the plane infact I couldnt even sit with my sister on one of the flights home because it wasn't my allocated seat even though she had no one sitting next to her

I personally found they couldn't of really done a great deal more

The first reported super spreading events in Germany back in March took place in Berlin Clubs like Trompete where out of 300 people 20 oder so got infected by just one covid positive person if I remember correctly. I really don't see the point of being able to monitor infections within a club at this moment as any result would be nowhere near universally valid. The eventual occurrence of infection depends on so many different aspects e.g. behavioural aspects as well as the health status of a false negative tested person on that night that there is not a lot of information to gain considering the risks. Rapid testing only makes sense with a higher accuracy.

Thats what I dwant to say. 98 Percent can be not good enough.

on this

would be nice to hear from more people taking flights this summer. what was everyone's experience?

Italy and back with Ryanair - face masks enforced on both flights (except when a few people were eating/drinking), on the flight back there was one guy who kept refusing to wear one, several attendants and the pilot challenged him, as did other passengers. He kept removing it mid-flight, was eventually met by police in the UK when we landed.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was regional trends, and trends with destinations.

Obut with rapid tests being so inaccurate (up to 10 in 100 infected persons are not detected)
Detecting 90% of infected people would reduce the spreading rate in clubs by 90%, it's a huge gain. Plus this would allow detecting (and isolating) careless young virus spreaders who currently evade detection.

It could well be that opening clubs with rapid tests at the entrance would reduce the spread of the virus compared to not opening clubs at all, because lots of young virus carriers would get caught this way before doing harm.

on this

flew to Berlin a few weeks ago and then on to Rhodes. Masks were enforced the entire time.To be honest not a lot of people had much from the food trolley. Everyone that I could see followed the rules without complaint.

here's a quick update on balearics - we have been in a stable situation now for the last two weeks where the entire archipelago averages on about 100 new cases per day, of which roughly 20 here on ibiza. hospitalisation and ICU occupation has improved.

we don't seem to get below those numbers currently, but I think it's probably what we have to calculate with for the next few months

I've taken several flights between Frankfurt and Heathrow, as well as driving the same route and to be honest the situation is shambolic. I flew back to London on Friday and nobody checked that the locator form had been filled in and there were no checks on anyone coming in. I flew back to Frankfurt on Monday with BA and we had to wear masks on the plane (everyone I saw was complying), we also had to fill out a locator form for Germany yet, again, nobody was there for collect the forms or check on any of the passengers. I, along with all the other passengers, just walked straight through the airport and out.

It's no wonder that public trust is falling apart when the authorities are apparently not taking their own measures seriously or making any effort to enforce them.

@ American forum members, do you think the election will make any difference to flights from Europe? My gf badly misses her folks in LA and wanted to get there for xmas but direct flights are obv a no-no. We did even look into quarantining in Vancouver first as a loophole back door route before getting a different flight down but I think that's out too. I don't think that would have worked either. A shitshow. I know others who are struggling too.

@ American forum members, do you think the election will make any difference to flights from Europe? My gf badly misses her folks in LA and wanted to get there for xmas but direct flights are obv a no-no. We did even look into quarantining in Vancouver first as a loophole back door route before getting a different flight down but I think that's out too. I don't think that would have worked either. A shitshow. I know others who are struggling too.
My guess would be when a successful vaccine is announced and Trump can declare "mission accomplished". The second part is the EU lifting restrictions. Travel will likely be testing based, like what is being done here in the Caribbean.

Election specifically makes no difference. Even with change in administration in January nothing will happen till February or March.

10 days ago i was in Gibraltar for three days, as it has no quarantine on return to the U.k and is in the Spanish sun!
Masks on everyone at Gatwick and on the easyjet flight. Atmosphere was nice and relaxed, probably as it was a 7a.m flight.

A mate of mine was asleep and his mask slipped down off his nose and he was woken by the cabin crew.

In Gibraltar they collect the form when you show your passport. Back in Gatwick it was straight through the passport control and out, clinking with cheap booze and fags for friends.

here's a quick update on balearics - we have been in a stable situation now for the last two weeks where the entire archipelago averages on about 100 new cases per day, of which roughly 20 here on ibiza. hospitalisation and ICU occupation has improved.

we don't seem to get below those numbers currently, but I think it's probably what we have to calculate with for the next few months

not sure if I posted this one already

gets updated almost daily

I've taken several flights between Frankfurt and Heathrow, as well as driving the same route and to be honest the situation is shambolic. I flew back to London on Friday and nobody checked that the locator form had been filled in and there were no checks on anyone coming in. I flew back to Frankfurt on Monday with BA and we had to wear masks on the plane (everyone I saw was complying), we also had to fill out a locator form for Germany yet, again, nobody was there for collect the forms or check on any of the passengers. I, along with all the other passengers, just walked straight through the airport and out.

It's no wonder that public trust is falling apart when the authorities are apparently not taking their own measures seriously or making any effort to enforce them.
I didn't think they had to, we heard them saying to lady at passport control 'oh you haven't filled in your form miss' unless misheard we just assumed it was all electronically recorded via passport and entry's inbound? As no one was checking anyones any of the times we have flown ..and thats with staff stood around

Last edited:
I didn't think they had to, we heard them saying to lady at passport control 'oh you haven't filled in your form miss' unless misheard we just assumed it was all electronically recorded via passport and entry's inbound? As no one was checking anyones any of the times we have flown ..and thats with staff stood around

Where LHR or FRA? Germany's is completely paper-based, passport control didn't check it, nor did customs. At LHR no-one checks to see if you have actually bothered to go on-line and fill in the locater either (although there is the threat of a random check apprantly) - ditto at the Channel tunnel

At Heathrow I was rejected at the self-serve passport scanner and instructed to queue for immigration officer. He asked if I'd filled in the locator form and I briefly flashed him my phone screen, but he didn't check it, nor scan the QR code

on this

Only 12 people on my flight to Ibiza, 22 on the way back. Masks on except for eating and drinking...mine was mostly off as we drank all the rum off the trolley lol! Everything was clean and safe. Got back to Edinburgh airport though and felt like a bit of a shit show there

People with coronavirus ventilated in ICU one month ago 91. Today 516. Going to be a long, long winter

I've checked numbers earlier myself. it's not looking pretty at all anywhere in western europe right now and it's only mid october

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back