☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I thought would happen - Ryanair have just cancelled our flights due to COVID... we were due to fly out 1 - 8 October (for the Ibiza marathon which was cancelled for the 2nd time). At least I don't have to try and beg for a refund now, I'll be interested to hear if other flights landing on the island are cancelled? Very sad, I had a teeny weeny glimmer of hope that the air corridor would be opened again and I might, at the very least, get to see Ibiza and my friends on the island this year. Sigh. 2021 it is then. ?

yes various flights from germany and switzerland have also been cancelled. I think the amount of international flights landing after 27th sep will diminish a lot sadly.

what a year :(

in madrid things are starting to look pretty bad again. not just in cases alone, but they just said they will likely have to start cancelling planned surgeries to make sure the health care system won't get overwhelmed soon as serious covid cases are rapidly filling their hospitals again.

parts of madrid will very likely see similar restrictions as the ones in place here in ibiza town and san an starting from tomorrow night.

Yep - it is very concerning. If you read it, they are proposing the roll-out of unlicensed vaccinations and removing liability from manufacturers ... so if anyone has an adverse reaction, no one is liable. There are other changes being made as well - such as allowing manufacturers to market their (unlicensed) vaccine (there has been a prohibition on this) - so we are very much going down the American route. The (not so very) public consultation closes tomorrow. There has been a media blackout on this and people's posts on social media about it have been removed. I have responded to the consultation and written to my MP. I understand there is a petition against it with over 13,000 signatures. Many people said this would happen 5-6 months ago when COVID broke out and were called conspiracy theorists - and now it is actually happening and they are trying to do it under the radar. Shady as... there's not a cats chance in hell I am I taking an unlicensed vaccine. There are checks and balances in place for a reason - it normally takes approx 3-5 years to develop a vaccine, this is happening way too quickly and it'll be the big pharma companies that profit from it. Considering AstraZeneca / Uni of Oxford vaccine program has already received £65.5 million in funding for their vaccine/research (which recently had someone suffer an adverse effect from in the trial) I find this very frightening.

Yep - it is very concerning. If you read it, they are proposing the roll-out of unlicensed vaccinations and removing liability from manufacturers ... so if anyone has an adverse reaction, no one is liable. There are other changes being made as well - such as allowing manufacturers to market their (unlicensed) vaccine (there has been a prohibition on this) - so we are very much going down the American route. The (not so very) public consultation closes tomorrow. There has been a media blackout on this and people's posts on social media about it have been removed. I have responded to the consultation and written to my MP. I understand there is a petition against it with over 13,000 signatures. Many people said this would happen 5-6 months ago when COVID broke out and were called conspiracy theorists - and now it is actually happening and they are trying to do it under the radar. Shady as... there's not a cats chance in hell I am I taking an unlicensed vaccine. There are checks and balances in place for a reason - it normally takes approx 3-5 years to develop a vaccine, this is happening way too quickly and it'll be the big pharma companies that profit from it. Considering AstraZeneca / Uni of Oxford vaccine program has already received £65.5 million in funding for their vaccine/research (which recently had someone suffer an adverse effect from in the trial) I find this very frightening.
I also find this is a scary prospect and would not consider for a moment having an unlicenced vaccine. The potential long term implications from this could be massive.

Expecting nobody in a sample of thousands to get sick during a trial that lasts months is barmy. People get sick all the time
The fact the trial was paused, investigated and then allowed to continue surely points to them being as diligent as possible

Last edited:
Expecting nobody in a sample of thousands not to get sick during a trial that lasts months is barmy. People get sick all the time
The fact the trial was paused, investigated and then allowed to continue surely points that they are being as diligent as possible
I hear you. The trial continued in India while it was cancelled in other countries. Reading the consultation document is not pleasant.

Quoting the document verbatim here: 'if manufacturers are asked to supply an unlicensed medicine in response to a public health threat it is unfair to ask them to take responsibility for the consequences of the use of that medicine' Where does that leave anyone who does suffer an adverse reaction?

If people are ok with this - then that is fine. But I find this very frightening - the EU has laws against this but it seems the UK is going headfirst into changing legislation when our safety and due diligence has always been held in high esteem. If they are that sure about the safety of their vaccines then they should be liable for any consequences, if they're licensed or not. I recommend you have a read of the actual consultation doc - it is long. If you are ok with it, then you've been informed. If you are not OK with it then people have 24-hours to respond. This has been ushered in under the radar with a very very short time period to respond (it went live 28 August).

I can't and won't defend the politics. I've made my views on this shady government, their malpractices and their ineptitude known, and we should of course be asking questions. The situation is, unfortunately, massively political.

But in terms of the people working on that specific vaccine, they are the absolute best brains our country has to offer. We need to start trusting the experts and trusting the science. Politicians will spin it however for their own gain or protection. They won't save us, but the scientists can

in madrid things are starting to look pretty bad again. not just in cases alone, but they just said they will likely have to start cancelling planned surgeries to make sure the health care system won't get overwhelmed soon as serious covid cases are rapidly filling their hospitals again.

parts of madrid will very likely see similar restrictions as the ones in place here in ibiza town and san an starting from tomorrow night.

In Germany over 2000 new cases. Not so much as in spain related to the number of
people , but too much. Seems to be a big problem in whole europe
We will see lockdowns in winter in my opinion.

what a year :(
119785037_10221867039079672_4298095898455417960_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back