☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
BA just cancelled my flight from Heathrow to Ibiza on the 15th September, they had previously cancelled it from Gatwick. They must be writing of the entire season??

They're operating other days I think - and should rebook you if that is what you want. But possibly they are reducing the schedule based on demand

Jet2 cancelled upto the 24th now. 2nd of September we are meant to go and I would normally be chomping at the bit to go by now. I just can’t see it happening and I’d rather they just call it off now but it looks like they make a decision every couple of weeks.

How about the current numbers in Ibiza?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to come to the beloved Island next Tuesday for an economic beach bar & restaurant injection ;-)

How about the current numbers in Ibiza?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to come to the beloved Island next Tuesday for an economic beach bar & restaurant injection ;-)

84 active cases. 90% of them are at home because they're asymptomatic or v mild

84 active cases. 90% of them are at home because they're asymptomatic or v mild
264 new cases in total today in the Balearics. Not good. Numbers are rising and rising. Positives: affected are mainly young people with mild symptoms. PM Armengol is now planing to ban outside smoking and will probably reduce the number of people allowed to meet up too. Tourists basically not affected. The number of german tourists coming home from Spain covid-positiv has been very low so far, which is good news and one of the reasons Mallorca/Ibiza has not been declared high risk despite high numbers.

Some good news

Great news but please tell me why people don't check the weather before heading out to open sea ? I check at least 4 forecasts including wind, waves and tide before going out on open water on a paddleboard... and I have an emergency inboard electric motor installed in case of difficulties with unexpected wind whipping up especially on a long trip - alongside a GPS, mobile phone and spare battery in dry boxes !

see France, Malta and the Netherlands have been added the UK's quarantine list.. no real shock been coming but still another blow for Europe and holiday makers / travel sector

Bojo is no messing

growing concern over Croatia too.. not surprised as we are due to fly out early hours Sunday and that is just about in line with our luck this year??????

Last edited:
see France, Malta and the Netherlands have been added the UK's quarantine list.. no real shock been coming but still another blow for Europe and holiday makers / travel sector

Bojo is no messing

growing concern over Croatia too.. not surprised as we are due to fly out early hours Sunday and that is just about in line with our luck this year??????

Just come back to the UK via the English Channel in a rubber dinghy, you’ll be sound mate ?

Just come back to the UK via the English Channel in a rubber dinghy, you’ll be sound mate ?
? not wrong there like lad! heads all over the place with it all crammed all our holidays into two months so a two week iso will have a knock on effect f*** knows what our works will say.. doesn't look to good coming back from a two week isolation plus a week off and then wanting to piss off again

2020 is just lovely isn't it, proper breath of fresh air

? not wrong there like lad! heads all over the place with it all crammed all our holidays into two months so a two week iso will have a knock on effect f*** knows what our works will say.. doesn't look to good coming back from a two week isolation plus a week off and then wanting to piss off again

2020 is just lovely isn't it, proper breath of fresh air

A year I won’t forget mate ?

Great news but please tell me why people don't check the weather before heading out to open sea ? I check at least 4 forecasts including wind, waves and tide before going out on open water on a paddleboard... and I have an emergency inboard electric motor installed in case of difficulties with unexpected wind whipping up especially on a long trip - alongside a GPS, mobile phone and spare battery in dry boxes !
I blame lidl and Aldi for selling them. Few weeks ago they had some on sale and down here there was 4 call outs in one day with people drifting off..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back