☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The virus has evolved into a MILD variant. We cannot tell the difference anymore between the regular flu and covid19"

Imho this is groundbreaking news. This should result in ending all measures asap, opening up nightlife, allowing festivals etc. Perhaps with an age limit of 50. If the virus has indeed evolved into a milder variant and all signs point to it, the country should open up asap.

The virus is now so deadly...you have to be tested to see if you have it in your blood.

have Fauci or the WHO now said it's no worse than the seasonal flu? I google searched and couldn't find anything that confirms what you wrote. Am happy to be corrected.

to be fair if you look when deaths are highest on that graph is actually when cases were far lower globally, which kinda supports the idea it is becoming milder? Or maybe we are becoming better at treating it and preventing deaths. Either way it appears to be becoming much less fatal globally, which can only be a good thing.
Yeah that is possibly true, or we've burned through most of our vulnerable (see Sweden) or those at risk left are better at keeping shielded.

Also worth noting as it spreads in 3rd world countries they are under reporting deaths due to lack of testing (or even hospital capacity). Excess deaths will I think be a more useful figure in time ?

Edit, would be useful if had access to hospitalization stats that where reliable.

They need booting off, I presume its a trespass issue like with "Traveller" folk?
As in Irish pikeys.. they are just a law to themselves.. we have a mass influx here at the moment as they can't really travel to UK I think so all car parks near our beaches are full of them. And in the shops or take away listening to them is fckb funny.... I know a few from where my folks still live and through the dogs ect.. always handy to know some to be fair.. but still couldn't trust one..

are they testing more on ibiza too? An influx of cases is not really saying anything if the hospital numbers stay low.

well, hospital numbers sadly have gone up too. start of last week we were at 16 or so total and 3 in hospital and now it‘s 6 in hospital and more than triple cases.

I know cases alone doesn't say much, but on the spanish mainland a few areas aren't looking great and contrary to what the dutch said, our top health guy yesterday said there's a growing number of young patients getting it really badly with pneumonia etc.

well, hospital numbers sadly have gone up too. start of last week we were at 16 or so total and 3 in hospital and now it‘s 6 in hospital and more than triple cases.

I know cases alone doesn't say much, but on the spanish mainland a few areas aren't looking great and contrary to what the dutch said, our top health guy yesterday said there's a growing number of young patients getting it really badly with pneumonia etc.
That's what I've heard about other European countries; increasingly seeing people under 40 needing hospitalization for treatment. Also the USA is reporting x4 increase in those under 44 needing hospitalization compared to previous weeks.

It is possible that regional strains are affecting outcomes, but in the uk apparently been fat is one of the main reasons for our high death toll and hospitalization. (UK fattest in Europe). Something to do with been overweight affects the immune system and blood glucose levels like diabetes ?‍♂️

Just so much we don't know. It defo doesn't behave like "normal" flu.

Edit not under 40 but 18-29 x4 times increase in usa

Edit2: I think it's a typo, cdc data is 18-49.

Last edited:
meanwhile, we've jumped up to 58 cases now here on ibiza :(

to put this in context, the balearics in total have 1028 active cases currently. as back in march and april, mallorca has the vast majority of cases and ibiza (& formentera) and menorca only have a fraction of that number

They need booting off, I presume its a trespass issue like with "Traveller" folk?

God knows what the legalities are but one thing is for sure there isn't a toilet inside 4 nautical miles of that beach and when the tide is in the only way off is on a kayak or paddleboard because of the rocks. Neither of which you can use when the sea kicks up beyond a low 'moderate'. National Trust don't seem to do anything and neither do the coastguard. Now the thunderstorms are coming they'll move on.

God knows what the legalities are but one thing is for sure there isn't a toilet inside 4 nautical miles of that beach and when the tide is in the only way off is on a kayak or paddleboard because of the rocks. Neither of which you can use when the sea kicks up beyond a low 'moderate'. National Trust don't seem to do anything and neither do the coastguard. Now the thunderstorms are coming they'll move on.
When there was a problem like this in Cheshire, the farmers used to start muck spreading

Will France be added to Britain's banned travel list? Or will us needing their help in the channel mean that won't happen?
Will we get added to any other nations' banned list?

Last edited:
So after Madrid was labeled "high risk area" by the Ministry of foreign affairs in Berlin yesterday evening there is growing concerns here in Germany that the Balearics will be added shortly onto that list too. Not looking to promising for travelers at the moment as the Balearics are closing in on crucial numbers of new infections.

So after Madrid was labeled "high risk area" by the Ministry of foreign affairs in Berlin yesterday evening there is growing concerns here in Germany that the Balearics will be added shortly onto that list too. Not looking to promising for travelers at the moment as the Balearics are closing in on crucial numbers of new infections.

at the same time, both germany and switzerland have just reported highest new infection rates in months in the last 24hrs...

EDIT: austria too.

Will France be added to Britain's banned travel list? Or will us needing their help in the channel mean that won't happen?
Will we get added to any other nations' banned list?
That would please my old man. He used to take the family in a caravan through belgium, Lux, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy....but avoided France like the plague. Ferry from Oostende, not Calais!! Why? Firstly they "charge for the autoroutes" and "they ran away in the war" (dad was in his late teens when called up). He never did like the French. But loved everyone else - including the Germans!!!

Mind you, in later life he relented a bit and used to holiday in the French Alps. Maybe he thought they were Swiss enough. Or he just mellowed a bit.

Think it's time to abandon ship and cancel my flight and hotel. Floods of tears all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back