☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always seems we have a glimmer of hope then it’s dashed within hours. It’s looking like I’m going to have to change tact and spend another grand going to Turkey instead for our family hol

Yeah it seams to be the modus operandi for the media these days.

This fake news type stuff they pump out. Consistently focused not on accurately reflecting events, but on how it makes the reader or viewer feel.

Yes we have been thinking similar, maybe trying to switch to Turkey or Greece. We are just very reluctant to spend anymore money in case more quarantine measures are announced.

Interested in opinions

It really is tough mate, as you're an informed, intelligent guy and you know the risk. Morally, I dont think there's a right or wrong answer. You've just got to do what you feel is right. There's a strong argument that you Mum needs some human connection right now when she needs it the most. And given there's a lot of unknowns, I think I would be inclined to make an exception, if only for this one occasion

It really is tough mate, as you're an informed, intelligent guy and you know the risk. Morally, I dont think there's a right or wrong answer. You've just got to do what you feel is right. There's a strong argument that you Mum needs some human connection right now when she needs it the most. And given there's a lot of unknowns, I think I would be inclined to make an exception, if only for this one occasion

Yeah, it's a toughie and I don't have time to do any real research into data and have zero confidence in a of the stream of conflicting drivel from the Government

My wife and eldest both tests on Sunday and got negative results on Monday. My son hasn't been anywhere near anyone, just at home in our house and neither have we. yougest had a negative test the Wednesday before, ahead of a dental extraction and was negative. Again, hasn't been anywhere since.

My mum misses my boys terribly, more so with Dad intensive care and in hospital with no visiting allowed for 3 weeks now, with a similar 6 week stint in there 3 weeks before that

So...my youngest has a appointment this morning, but with negative test results yesterday, could it be safe to leave my eldest with my mum while I do her shopping? (She's 74)

Interested in opinions
with the test been negative and freshly done I personally would go for it, your not going to get any more piece of mind than that! also knowing how much my mam missed her grandchildren over the lockdown and how she was so down about it when she finally got to see them all she was over the moon..

it could be just what your mum needs too

My wife and eldest both tests on Sunday and got negative results on Monday. My son hasn't been anywhere near anyone, just at home in our house and neither have we. yougest had a negative test the Wednesday before, ahead of a dental extraction and was negative. Again, hasn't been anywhere since.

My mum misses my boys terribly, more so with Dad intensive care and in hospital with no visiting allowed for 3 weeks now, with a similar 6 week stint in there 3 weeks before that

So...my youngest has a appointment this morning, but with negative test results yesterday, could it be safe to leave my eldest with my mum while I do her shopping? (She's 74)

Interested in opinions
Test is really recent, its negative and she'll be made up. Get him round there!

Yeah, it's a toughie and I don't have time to do any real research into data and have zero confidence in a of the stream of conflicting drivel from the Government

You have the negative tests for some confidence but you can always meet outside, wear masks, or sit further away during conversation to further mitigate the risks. You can do any or all of them.

Id also say you could look at the local COVID reporting and get a feel for how prevalent it is in your area. <5% of tests positive is generally low risk for untraced community spread if you are practicing social distancing and mask wearing.

Test is really recent, its negative and she'll be made up. Get him round there!

As it was, she didn't need the shopping done (she'd been out and done it!) but I had to set up a video call with my Dad in hospital and go round. I was busy working and the little git wouldn't get himself dressed so the minute the missus came back I went. Came back an hour later to 'look Dad, I'm dressed, can we go Grandma B's now?' :lol:

For the first three weeks of lockdown I kept our 3 year old away from his Nan and Granddad. Then I just relented. I decided keeping a little family 'bubble' was a compromise between them seeing him and introducing some risk. After everything that has happened since and the total contradictory boIlocks spouted by the government , I dont feel guilty for doing so.

Distraction TV
Yeah although I don't think it's an act with trump, he really is clueless/can't be bothered with the detail. "We have lower figures than the World" ??‍♂️

Also interesting on the Portland stuff going on. Some reckon it's a testing the waters on suppressing any protests or unrest, as Portland is the whitest city in usa. So if works there gonna work in other places.

I get funny feeling either trump gets a 2nd term or he ends up trying some sort of coup?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back