☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it’s still the case that where infections are low that the ‘R’ number doesn’t mean too much and can be disproportionately affected by small outbreaks

Yeah

But in germany we are from approx 350 new cases at 600 to 700. At other countries it rises ,too In Us and Brazil very fast
Its not a desaster but worrying. We are not in the right direction.

Don't say I'm not optimistic. I've just gone and booked a further Ibiza holiday, 4 nights in Ibiza town in October. £390 inc. flight; and the flight is paid for already using a Ryanair voucher (and it worked beautifully). Good flight times too.

All I need now is holiday insurance, aquashoes for paddling, Covid to go away and a decent frock. And I've still some money left on that Ryanair voucher, probably around a ton. Might go back in late October!!

Bring It On.

Believe it’s still the case that where infections are low that the ‘R’ number doesn’t mean too much and can be disproportionately affected by small outbreaks

true, but it's still a warning sign. if a country (or a state, district or whatever territory description you wanna use) isn't careful and acts quickly, it can just as quickly turn into something serious again.

Don't say I'm not optimistic. I've just gone and booked a further Ibiza holiday, 4 nights in Ibiza town in October. £390 inc. flight; and the flight is paid for already using a Ryanair voucher (and it worked beautifully). Good flight times too.

All I need now is holiday insurance, aquashoes for paddling, Covid to go away and a decent frock. And I've still some money left on that Ryanair voucher, probably around a ton. Might go back in late October!!

Bring It On.
What dates u going in October? I will be going then...

Well I’m going Sept 15-18th booked Pikes- I know it won’t be the ‘normal’ Ibiza, but my thinking Is that sitting around the pool, having a few drinks, relaxing with friends is still a great experience (beats rainy London). Do a few day trips and hopefully a few small events outside and I’ll be more than happy! What’s the alternative? Sit around and wait for an end that may never come. Corona isn’t just going to ‘disappear’ No doubt the island will be a lot quieter than normal but I just think then- Well at least everyone there will be on my wavelength, and the people that are there are open and want to have a good time.

P.S- I work in Public Health & Safety so know all the risks & mitigation’s

Yeah

But in germany we are from approx 350 new cases at 600 to 700. At other countries it rises ,too In Us and Brazil very fast
Its not a desaster but worrying. We are not in the right direction.
Yes, i believe Germany actually reported a rate of around .6 after that outbreak in the abattoir. It annoys me when i see stories where people have heard that one thing matters, yet they don't understand it (R) and they then spread the news like it's fact when they think it's getting worse and don't understand the nuance of it.

That brings me on to the 'We're f***ed' 'Second wave incoming' crew. Jesus christ. :spank:

I read that UV-light totally kills the virus. https://www.cnet.com/health/can-uv-light-protect-you-from-coronavirus/

So when megaclubs eventually open they could be stocked with this. Everything from lighting, scanners(instead of checking weapons will clean your skin and clothes) and a few other things could really help. Even without a vaccine technology will likely solve this. Mist is interesting there could be effective quick tests if the air is in the air you breathe out as well.

Uv light is dangerous if you use it in the right power to kill viruses . Its used for desinfection for a long time . Same as X Rays.
Better not to go to a club where they doing such experiments.

What’s the alternative? Sit around and wait for an end that may never come. Corona isn’t just going to ‘disappear’ No doubt the island will be a lot quieter than normal but I just think then- Well at least everyone there will be on my wavelength, and the people that are there are open and want to have a good time.

P.S- I work in Public Health & Safety so know all the risks & mitigation’s

I agree that it's about being sensible and doing your own risk assessment.

A friend I know was posting on her social media about 'idiots going on holiday abroad' yet was proudly saying that she would be holidaying in Cornwall instead. As shown from the recent images from Bournemouth beach, that will create even more issues with UK beauty spots overwhelmed and social distancing impossible.

The accommodation I've booked for my August trip both have their own private entrances and so avoiding hotels with narrow corridors.

On an average year its hard to find hotels for popular seaside towns in the UK or other popular destinations, The Lakes, Northumberland, Snowdonia where ever so it is especially going to be hard this year you will end up forking out well over the odds for somewhere you arent gaurenteed good weather makes no sense if your willing to fly and they have the safety steps in place then why not.. we too have come under a little judgement but I take it on the chin as its been from people who don't / can't / won't holiday abroad ever so I feel you have to take it with a pinch of salt anyroad

Been reported on news today (uk) that travel companies seen massive demand for bookings to the Mediterranean etc. Some sites collapsed under the load.

Guess means demand is there. Just hope Spain is ready for Tracey from Essex and the like ? (as in trying to police social distancing rules, see Bournemouth this week)

Been reported on news today (uk) that travel companies seen massive demand for bookings to the Mediterranean etc. Some sites collapsed under the load.
Too right. Did people honestly believe there would be little demand for foreign travel as soon as it could happen? It's like a pressure cooker going off, and I hope all of Spain and Portugal incuding the Balearics extends the season well into November. The weather might not be as reliable in November, but hey, better (usually!) than the UK and northern Europe, not as far away as Egypt or Tunisia...c'mon, get those bars, hotels, bus routes, ferries on and add an extra month to your income!!

Guess means demand is there. Just hope Spain is ready for Tracey from Essex and the like ? (as in trying to police social distancing rules, see Bournemouth this week)
Supposedly some of the photos of bournmouth beach being packed this week were re hashed and actually from the air show a few years ago. Another example of the media twisting the truth to suit their agenda.

Too right. Did people honestly believe there would be little demand for foreign travel as soon as it could happen? It's like a pressure cooker going off, and I hope all of Spain and Portugal incuding the Balearics extends the season well into November. The weather might not be as reliable in November, but hey, better (usually!) than the UK and northern Europe, not as far away as Egypt or Tunisia...c'mon, get those bars, hotels, bus routes, ferries on and add an extra month to your income!!
I’m certainly going to book somewhere once the mad rush calms down and I hear reports from people as to how enjoyable/unenjoyable their holidays are.

Supposedly some of the photos of bournmouth beach being packed this week were re hashed and actually from the air show a few years ago. Another example of the media twisting the truth to suit their agenda.
? some of the live broadcasts with a council member form the pier area looked rammed. Either way, the reports of people leaving their poo on the beach is gross ?(issue with amenities closed)

The local authority declared a major incident, so although the images were no doubt manipulated to make it seem more crowded than it was, im also certain the local infrastructure and law enforcement was dangerously overstretched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back