☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is surprising

according to this newspiece they found covid-19 traces in frozen sewage water samples from barcelona as early as MARCH 2019.

I mean it seems clear that the virus was around longer than the chinese admit, but march 2019? wow!

this is surprising

according to this newspiece they found covid-19 traces in frozen sewage water samples from barcelona as early as MARCH 2019.

I mean it seems clear that the virus was around longer than the chinese admit, but march 2019? wow!
They freeze sewage and keep for over a year.....?

I can't see a virus starting out of thin air, surely one must metamorphise into another at some stage as it's a living "organism"? That's the worry with a Covid vaccine, might sort out 19 but 21...???

They freeze sewage and keep for over a year.....?

I can't see a virus starting out of thin air, surely one must metamorphise into another at some stage as it's a living "organism"? That's the worry with a Covid vaccine, might sort out 19 but 21...???

I think they know this hence the notion CV is here to stay permanently and trying to redirect society to a new way of life. Hmmm ....

We have a box of latex gloves, and the last two mornings I've forgotten to grab a pair on my way out of the house.

I've had to leave early though, and so as not to wake my parents it's probably just as well that I didn't get them. They're kept in a hall closet and opening and closing that door probably would wake someone up. I left the house around 05:25 here.

this is surprising

Yea. My mom had a cough in December 2019. I think the CDC says February 2020 was our first reported case...

SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus, COVID-19 (COronaVIrus Disease 2019) is the name of the respiratory disease in humans.

Viruses are not living organisms. They have no ability to reproduce on their own. They require a living host cell which they enter, and it is the 'machinery' of the host cell that replicates the virus DNA or RNA (in this case RNA). It is during this replication phase that errors can randomly occur which is "mutation". RNA replication results in more errors than DNA replication, which is why RNA viruses mutate more over time.

Not all mutations result in functional differences in the expression of the virus, some may be more or less virulent. It is a random process, not the result of a virus learning or adapting. Sometimes you will hear something to the effect "a virus does not want to kill its host." This is an inaccurate, yet understandable way of explaining the tendency of viruses to become less lethal over time. A virus has no wants, it just replicates -- but a virus that kills its host ends that line of transmission, and if it was not transmitted prior to death, the linage ends. So over many generations of transmission of the most lethal strains end, leaving the less lethal strains remaining.

A vaccine / treatment typically targets a specific characteristic of the virus, not the entire thing. In the case of SARS-CoV-2, some researchers are targeting the Spike protein on the surface of the virus that attaches it to the host cell. So for this case, any mutation that does not affect the expression of the spike protein is unlikely to invalidate the treatment.

I would think both will probably pick up their service in july too, but haven't seen any confirmation of that anywhere

Surely by now we should of seen a spike with the mass protests and other gatherings that have come with the good weather, illegal raves/ packed beaches? Possibly a good indicater to the fact the virus maybe doesn't spread very well outside

..on a brighter note Ibiza 2021 booked this morning two weeks Gran Sol got a cracking deal for the middle of July havent even got this years visit out the way and already exited for it ?

Surely by now we should of seen a spike with the mass protests and other gatherings that have come with the good weather, illegal raves/ packed beaches? Possibly a good indicater to the fact the virus maybe doesn't spread very well outside

..on a brighter note Ibiza 2021 booked this morning two weeks Gran Sol got a cracking deal for the middle of July havent even got this years visit out the way and already exited for it ?
I was thinking that too. Perhaps the protests are not sharing surfaces like at a rave (toilets and wot not) then risk is reduced, plus most wearing masks and not rammed together like as in dc10?. And majority been sober.

Think should keep eye on stats for areas that had massive illegal raves, if cases increase 3+ weeks later, know still not quite that safe.

Also if look at world stats, daily cases still, and has been increasing for a while, and now in daily deaths you get the hint of an up curve. Next few weeks will show if just a blip or is the lag ?

Some news agencies in the United States are reporting an increase in virus cases to accompany reopening and certain communities have decided to reinstate some of their earlier policies. I think I read Florida as well as Texas here are experiencing this. And of course I know California is having an increase too.

It's young people according to the reporting. They are at the root cause of the new spread.

Last edited:
Some news agencies in the United States are reporting an increase in virus cases to accompany reopening and certain communities have decided to reinstate some of their earlier policies. I think I read Florida as well as Texas here are experiencing this. And of course I know California is having an increase too.

It's young people according to the reporting. They are at the root cause of the new spread.
Yup just been watching something about it.
Texas easing of lockdown just over a month ago had 1k cases a day. Now they have 6k a day. Apparently letting young people go to bars is one of the main causes.

Guess if young, get infected but show none or mild symptoms you can spread it to others without realising ?‍♂️

I can only imagine what scenes in uk will be like next week. Do get impression many (but not all) young people are fed up with the restrictions and not having their summer.

Edit: if was like Spanish flu and affected young badly, wonder what grandparents would do. Sod it, I want to go out, or do anything to protect their grandkids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back