☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local authority declared a major incident, so although the images were no doubt manipulated to make it seem more crowded than it was, im also certain the local infrastructure and law enforcement was dangerously overstretched

I reckon (& certainly hope as a Brighton resident) that some of the madness seen recently on the Southern UK beaches calms down once the pubs re-open next weekend.

Brighton beach certainly experienced more rubbish left on it last week than ever before, which is extremely upsetting. Not to mention people using the beach as a toilet...

People furloughed + Hot weater + Kids not in school + Nobody able to go overseas + People being encouraged to holiday domestically = Beaches rammed.

It doesn't excuse the littering or the fighting etc...but anybody criticising people for going to the beach or for not showing common sense is being a bit silly.

Talking to farmer/landlord of a rural pub this afternoon about reopening. Said he was he was worried about the fact if someone has been in the pub and tests positive, then they should have to close for 2 weeks. Said it would be terrible with the money lost on food waste.

He had also been hot with the farm side of the business, as the place where sells his animals had been closed.

Fingers crossed for businesses everywhere

Steve Okia :rolleyes:?

You're hard to outdo Craig but I do have a friend who referred to Jon Sa Trinxa as "Jon Sriracha" for about a year...
Ha ha my vision last night after these yips we took was very wobbly.. grey pill looked like Bob Marley cut out face with dreads.. very stong

Another weekend of illegal gatherings and the crime that comes with it. The kids have had enough. Don't blame them tbh

Low risk profile, constantly shat on by the older generations and now asked to tow the line to save the people who never have their interests at heart

what's happened this weekend then? give us a resume

Another weekend of illegal gatherings and the crime that comes with it. The kids have had enough. Don't blame them tbh

Low risk profile, constantly shat on by the older generations and now asked to tow the line to save the people who never have their interests at heart
This article is worth to read:

Last lines:
"It might not be what we want, in the middle of a global pandemic. But I also suspect very little can be done to prevent it. Because it might be just what many young people need."

This article is worth to read:

Last lines:
"It might not be what we want, in the middle of a global pandemic. But I also suspect very little can be done to prevent it. Because it might be just what many young people need."

Yeah, it's not a "rave" as we used to know it - often a whole load of violence with it nowadays. Plus nobody wants them out in nature spots fouling up the area, if you go see the carnage left behind it's appalling. If you lived near one of these places and saw the results you may feel very differently about whether they have any defensible excuse for going out and fouling up the countryside. It's one thing having a rave in a disused inner city location that is an insult to the earth already but out in the woods etc. zero sympathy. Sorry !

Yeah, it's not a "rave" as we used to know it - often a whole load of violence with it nowadays. Plus nobody wants them out in nature spots fouling up the area, if you go see the carnage left behind it's appalling. If you lived near one of these places and saw the results you may feel very differently about whether they have any defensible excuse for going out and fouling up the countryside. It's one thing having a rave in a disused inner city location that is an insult to the earth already but out in the woods etc. zero sympathy. Sorry !
I'm not saying anything about the violence or results to the nature spots. Also, this is not my article..

However I do agree with the writer that this will continue to happen. And with no security and no medical professionals on site, incidents will occur.
In the end it's a choice of the government. Keep forbidding raves for a young less covid-vulnerable group of people and they will find a way to rave anyway. I can even see a scenario where there could be more deaths in that age-group due to illegal raves (overdoses without medical help, stabbings etc)...then deaths due to the virus. And yeah I know that age group can spread the virus etc.

Announced today that if anyone wants to get into Abu Dhabi (it's been on lockdown since June 2nd) they will have to present a negative covid test from the last 48 hours. Costing AED 370 a pop, I don't think people will start their regular daily commutes back up anytime soon!

I'm not saying anything about the violence or results to the nature spots. Also, this is not my article..

However I do agree with the writer that this will continue to happen. And with no security and no medical professionals on site, incidents will occur.
In the end it's a choice of the government. Keep forbidding raves for a young less covid-vulnerable group of people and they will find a way to rave anyway. I can even see a scenario where there could be more deaths in that age-group due to illegal raves (overdoses without medical help, stabbings etc)...then deaths due to the virus. And yeah I know that age group can spread the virus etc.

What is it that the younger ones miss so much about going out and dancing? Is it because a lot of them still live at home with their parents do you think?

escapism.
I'm 40, I've been living on my own (or with my wife) for 20 years and I do miss it dearly

I've never really read into the psychology of a clubber but I suppose you right - It's what I have enjoyed the most.

I'm interested to know the POV from a younger person still. I suppose it's not one size fits all

What is it that the younger ones miss so much about going out and dancing? Is it because a lot of them still live at home with their parents do you think?
I moved back in with my parents at, er, 55. :eek::D
The pair of them were over 80 and needed a helping hand! Mum was starting with dementia and dad had broken his hip (the year after he broke his ribs). Still, that's no excuse.
Got my share of dancing in taking the old girl to her pensioner's club. Luckily she always got a proper partner and not me. I'd rather have my tooth pulled without anasthetic than dance.
I do wobble around a bit, and I MEAN wobbling around a but to progressive house and trance. But none of that Agadooo stuff ever. Anyone know a dentist?

EDIT - if you have children this should give them nightmares....

I moved back in with my parents at, er, 55. :eek::D
The pair of them were over 80 and needed a helping hand! Mum was starting with dementia and dad had broken his hip (the year after he broke his ribs). Still, that's no excuse.
Got my share of dancing in taking the old girl to her pensioner's club. Luckily she always got a proper partner and not me. I'd rather have my tooth pulled without anasthetic than dance.
I do wobble around a bit, and I MEAN wobbling around a but to progressive house and trance. But none of that Agadooo stuff ever. Anyone know a dentist?

EDIT - if you have children this should give them nightmares....

Do you feel the need for some escapism as a result?

I suppose what I'm struggling to understand (because I'm older) is why in the current climate people are so desperate to go clubbing. To the point where it overrides any kind of logic? E.g musical chairs etc

Do you feel the need for some escapism as a result?
That's been the biggest problem, since around 2012 my "escape time" has been limited due to getting care cover in (at some expense) but safe in the knowledge that on second death (which was Mum in Jan) I'll be retired, but still in good health, solvent and good to go.

So I've lost four months in addition to all the caring time, so bloody hell am I gonna catch that up. Probably next year now if CV doesn't return. So, yes, escapism, very much so. At least I'm still alive and don't have to worry about fitting holidays around a job.

Escapism doesn't involve dancing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back