☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know....but if it spreads people out and saves lives? And gets us on to a beach?

It can be done without fleecing people though.

On an island that is already pretty extortionate I would find things like this, if it came to fruition, very discouraging :(

Well some people I know who've been out to shops etc today say seems like everyone given up on social distancing etc

Supermarket they went in, no social distancing, people queuing nose to arse at the tills.

Drove past a park, swarms of people to get in through the gates etc and all swimming together in the pools.

Guess people don't do fear of something very long unless it affects them directly and immediately. ?

UK has approx 8k new cases a day and we relaxed lockdown. Its defo going to go higher seeing how people reacting to it.

When Germany relaxed theirs, they where having around 400 new cases a day, as a comparison.

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

There's one here in a few weeks . probably 40-50 people.. if you come with gloves ,mask and lecturing you will be ask to leave... It's a birthday party.. up to yourself if you want to go...

Up to individuals if they want to go... up to society to pick up the pieces when people get infected.

I’m all for opening up in a gradual and controlled way but people taking the piss with stuff like this really annoys me because we all suffer in the long term. (guess that probably qualifies as lecturing, sorry!)

Seen two pubs with people drinking in yesterday and today.

One which is upmarket and doing take-away cocktail, which people were drinking sat at the tables inside and out - cue anger from locals. Other a rough as hell boozer with police cars surrounding it

One which is upmarket and doing take-away cocktail, which people were drinking sat at the tables inside and out - cue anger from locals. Other a rough as hell boozer with police cars surrounding it
Just been watching BBC news going about all this. Epidemiologist said, it might be fine in London which was hit early and hard, but up north (I guess outside London/M25) it wasn't and number of cases are higher and it's a massive risk with all the gatherings.

Well we have a few mothballed nightingale hospitals on standby I guess. We won't know for around 10-14 days.?‍♂️

If this is best we can do, Spain probably should worry about foreign tourists coming in any numbers. (esp British)

Our local corner shop has started selling draft lager and draft cider to take away in a plastic cup.. alot of places seem to be doing a takeaway drinking service so far haven't seen anyone congregating outside which I thought they would

Just been watching BBC news going about all this. Epidemiologist said, it might be fine in London which was hit early and hard, but up north (I guess outside London/M25) it wasn't and number of cases are higher and it's a massive risk with all the gatherings.

Well we have a few mothballed nightingale hospitals on standby I guess. We won't know for around 10-14 days.?‍♂️

If this is best we can do, Spain probably should worry about foreign tourists coming in any numbers. (esp British)

^yep, exactly... Boris doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Madrid...

Beyond phase 3, i think the regions take over health policy but my guess is central govt still control airports

Turn them into pubs with social distancing; there's plenty of room!

Boris doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Madrid
I wonder why...

hl-J8q.gif

Well...this whole 'second wave in the fall' thing sounded a bit of scare tactics to me. Still does actually.

But just saw some footage from the Black Lives Matter marches in London. Tomorrow there's one scheduled in Amsterdam.
Distancing just doesn't exist there and the police does nothing.

Now there were two things that strike me. If we get multiple days of those mass demonstrations in Europe with thousands of protestors....yeah that will cause a wave on its own. And then humanity truly has itself to blame for another lockdown period. Very depressing thought.

The other thing being: anti lockdown protestors are being arrested by police as soon as they reach the maximum of thirty or dont abide to the social distancing rule. Seeing what's allowed now for black lives matter, how sad the situation may be....is measuring with two sizes.

I think so too...

Police are shutting down the roads to beaches here too (it's full on summer in the Netherlands too) but if I see the pictures from those beaches...I think social distancing is really possible there. Perhaps a beach is one of the few places where you can be with a lot of people and still keep your distance. Police and local politics get into panic mode quite quickly based on full parking places or traffic jams to the beaches...but are the cops walking around with a measuring device to see if there's a 1.5/2m distance between people? Here, they look at the traffic and parking lots and say: it's full and start blocking the roads. And the media loves that off course, cause they can write another article how bad we, the people, are behaving.

From the video I can't see if there's a lack of social distancing but Benirras should be able to have 200 people on the beach and still keep enough distance from each other?

But just saw some footage from the Black Lives Matter marches in London. Tomorrow there's one scheduled in Amsterdam.
Distancing just doesn't exist there and the police does nothing.

Now there were two things that strike me. If we get multiple days of those mass demonstrations in Europe with thousands of protestors....yeah that will cause a wave on its own.

Those protests have certainly come at a bad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back