☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see about that flight from Madrid to Lanzarote where someone on board tested positive when they arrived, so now apparently the whole plane has to isolate in Lanzarote ? What would happen in Ibiza in this situation ?

the actual story is that this person took a test and instead of waiting for the result boarded a plane. I hope he'll be put in jail for a month or so. stupid and total irresponsible behaviour.

I think only the people seated in the adjacent rows have been put in quarantine now, not the entire plane. not sure if they do test all the passengers though.

the actual story is that this person took a test and instead of waiting for the result boarded a plane. I hope he'll be put in jail for a month or so. stupid and total irresponsible behaviour.

I think only the people seated in the adjacent rows have been put in quarantine now, not the entire plane. not sure if they do test all the passengers though.
I'm worried about being tested on my return from Ibiza, being positive and having to isolate there (not sure whether it's 7 or 14 days). It's putting me off; the chances are where I'm due to go - I'd catch CV on the journey out rather than during the holiday.

I'm worried about being tested on my return from Ibiza, being positive and having to isolate there (not sure whether it's 7 or 14 days). It's putting me off; the chances are where I'm due to go - I'd catch CV on the journey out rather than during the holiday.

I think since you wanna come in september you still have plenty of time to watch and see how it goes now in july. I'm sure we'll soon see how it all works.

I think since you wanna come in september you still have plenty of time to watch and see how it goes now in july. I'm sure we'll soon see how it all works.
That's exactly what I'm doing. I might lose the flight money, but the hotel can be cancelled and I only lose 30%. Of course if you have a high temperature that could not be covid-related, just a "normal" fever. I think had a high temperature when I had a tooth abscess once, which would prevent me getting on a plane.

while the number of active covid-19 cases on the balearics is going down continuously and we've currently not experienced any blips despite opening up, we sadly did experience the first few small blips in other parts of spain. the one thing those incidents all had in common? - gatherings of too many people at once and not respecting safety distance (and possibly also not wearing facemasks). it were a few birthday parties, one religious meeting and two cases in meat packing facilities (there seems to be a pattern with those in other countries too).

so while I am still positive we will get tourism this summer, seeing those first blips makes it pretty clear how big the potential risk of opening a club is. I still think some will try, but I understand the ones that say 'no way I will'. and the main issue in this whole thing is the big number of asymptomatic covid-19 carriers, people aren't aware they have it and think they're perfectly healthy.

the good small detail in this bit of bad news is that so far, all those blips could be controlled rapidly. the track & trace system, for now, seems to work here in spain.
I think that the we will learn to accept those blips you are talking about in the coming few months and I hope governments will too without going into panic mode. So I hope even with opening up some clubs (open air) and doing some smaller events worldwide we know a blip can happen and not freak out.

Has EXIT festival in Serbia been mentioned here? It got the definitive green light to do their festival in august THIS YEAR.
Definitely expecting some blips there

I think that the we will learn to accept those blips you are talking about in the coming few months and I hope governments will too without going into panic mode. So I hope even with opening up some clubs (open air) and doing some smaller events worldwide we know a blip can happen and not freak out.

Has EXIT festival in Serbia been mentioned here? It got the definitive green light to do their festival in august THIS YEAR.
Definitely expecting some blips there

I've been hopeful for a while, but seeing these blips already now in spain (when no venues are actually open yet) make me very doubtful. it's gonna be interesting to see how a) the government will react to that situation and b) the people as well.

My dad tested positive for it. Seems to be okay and not showing symptoms. A few other residents are the same, but also more have been hospitalised.
Fingers crossed he is in the group that doesn't get affected by it badly.

However if he starts feeling a bit short of breath, get him proper medical attention/hospital. If catch it sooner the oxygen therapy and other stuff can nip it in the bud. Putting it off for days hoping it gets better is what is not helping our uk numbers in part.

Thoughts with ya.?

ibiza coronavirus thread updated. good numbers and lots of good news.

am a little torn lately. balearics really look good now and zero blips so far, but on a global level it's really not looking that great yet. personally I'm worried about barcelona and madrid for example which isn't really far away.

My dad tested positive for it. Seems to be okay and not showing symptoms. A few other residents are the same, but also more have been hospitalised.
Hope he'll stay okay and recover. While people reading my posts may think I'm not sensitive or empathic to people catching the virus, that's never been the case. Your dad will be in my thoughts dude. Keep us posted when you feel like it.

ibiza coronavirus thread updated. good numbers and lots of good news.

am a little torn lately. balearics really look good now and zero blips so far, but on a global level it's really not looking that great yet. personally I'm worried about barcelona and madrid for example which isn't really far away.

We really are in similar boat. Seeing the posts here about the island opening up gives us some hope and excitement and we have flights and accommodation at the beginning of July and would love to come but also we have been very strict with the lockdown and therefore feels strange to throw that away for the risk of air travel etc. Economically we haven't been effected yet possibly the opposite as saved loads not commuting / going out but to risk our own health and that of the people on the island feels wrong. Also expecting the economic impact to hit before Xmas so probably should be saving money for that. Also, all the talk here is of a second wave in Autumn which will blow our October trip out so maybe July is a good idea. Who knows what to do? ?‍♂️

Really interested to see how exit festival gets on... That will be the real example and lessons we can learn

I personally think far too soon to have a big gathering like that... We will see what measures they will have put in place

Sounds to be complicated for tourists to go back to our favourite places along july aug ?
How can they keep social distance in a beach? with zone delimited by ropes?
Good Luck for Policia/guardia civil to keep the rules maintained in beaches ?

Sa trinxa beach bar
El carmen cala de hort,
Can pilot restaurant
if not willing to book as i dont have a spain simcard in order to make free call, the answer will be to go at opening of those restaurants in order to have a seat?

Looks like There won't be enough places to chill for everybody, beach will attract more people as usual as there is no more daytime parties that could keep busy some people.
Bookings your places at restaurants?
Queuing ?
some small restaurants won't welcome as much people as usual eg Los pasajeros (ibz harbor ), bar comida san juan because of social distance rules.
Buying food to leave from those restaurants? people like to eat around a table unless it's junkfood like kfc mc donald.

Still 32 days and we will know

In the UK I have a feeling this weekend might lead to a little peak in a few weeks time. I know of several friends and friend of friends who've now decided to do garden parties. I can't blame them of course.

In the UK I have a feeling this weekend might lead to a little peak in a few weeks time. I know of several friends and friend of friends who've now decided to do garden parties. I can't blame them of course.
Lots of garden partys around our way at the moment..all quiet civilised.. but sun, alcohol,burds and boys in tiny shorts things will kick off in no time..

And there is no tourist yet on the island...

Sounds to be complicated for tourists to go back to our favourite places along july aug ?
How can they keep social distance in a beach? with zone delimited by ropes?
Good Luck for Policia/guardia civil to keep the rules maintained in beaches ?

this isn't as tragic as it may seem.

first things first, yes they will have to limit the access to the beaches this summer - this will be the case EVERYWHERE in the mediterranean. on the spanish mainland they've already started with it, while here on the balearics, as far as I understand, the people having the licences for sunloungers etc had been waiting (and probably still are) for exact indications made by the balearic government. I guess since tourism is only to arrive from mid june onwards, they didn't feel the need to stress it so much and today they got surprised. to be honest, cala bassa gets full quickly and to me it's not such a surprise it happened. had people driven further on to cala tarida it wouldn't have been a problem.

also, three things to keep in mind.

one - those people on the beaches today, a big chunk of them will be working once the island is open for tourism (in hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc).

two - ibiza is never gonna get full this summer. so with the exception of a few beaches (cala conta and cala bassa being two of them) I personally can't see a massive problem

three - anyone that's been to menorca (the best organized island on the balearics) will have seen that beach accesses have been monitored for years. it does mean you gotta get up early if you wanna go to a certain beach, but if you're there, it will never be too full and it's absolutely fantastic. if you're lazy and get up too late you simply have to drive to the next beach where there are still some spots free. it's absolutely no problem. also, seeing we won't have a lot of crazy nights this summer, getting up at a normal time should be easy for once! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back