☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of the country is almost back to normal. No masks, eating in doors, etc. And so far, no spikes, but too soon to tell. My gut tells me this virus changes with the seasons, as does the flu. Think the warm weather also plays a small factor.

This isnt wholly accurate. Wisconsin just saw the highest death total yet today (2 weeks after abruptly reoping without safety requirements), California has a county that spiked hard after reopening and is shutting down again, and the majority of counties that opened before guidelines told them them it was ok are seeing higher numbers. The places using social distancing, masks, etc still are doing better, but the US is far from being close to normalizing

This isnt wholly accurate. Wisconsin just saw the highest death total yet today (2 weeks after abruptly reoping without safety requirements), California has a county that spiked hard after reopening and is shutting down again, and the majority of counties that opened before guidelines told them them it was ok are seeing higher numbers. The places using social distancing, masks, etc still are doing better, but the US is far from being close to normalizing

There are blips here and there, but there are no real sustained upward trends from any states. We’ll see if that changes, but so far so good. Hope it stays that way because that would bode well for everyone.

Minneapolis and St Paul on fire. They are protesting police violence against racial minorities after a recent death. The police station has been lit on fire, and the police have basically given up trying to intervene.

2020 just will not quit.

Oh, well yes they probably arent going to live for ages then
Language thing. Hospice is the right word. 3-9 months. Cant find the article any longer, but that's what are politicians said on national tv too.
Anyway, if I was mistaken a nursing home for a hospice my apologies.

No, they don't generally send out letters when people die. Obviously, current circumstances are different. Three people dead in one week is hardly normal. Another home locally had 16 residents die due to the virus. There is still a risk with staff, but they are monitored and wear PPE. I'm not allowed to visit him, and I made the decision myself not to visit him a few days before the ban was announced. I agree with the ban (at least for the time being) - the consequences of the virus getting into a care home will likely be devastating.
Painfull.
They created some inventive ways to visit those place here without being able to transmit the virus, like in a glass container or something like that. Still inhumane but at least it's possible to see each other. I dont think there's a solution for this for awhile. :confused:

If mosquitos can take in the blood of their victim, could that contain CV which they pass on to the next person they bite?

the orange colour Fuerte Repelente Insectos spray sold at Mercadona is extremely effective in my experience (but does smell disgusting though..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back