☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Spanish REALLY want to let the likes of this back on their beaches this Summer ? [First May Bank Holiday btw ...]

Ah, Kent. The garden of England. Lovely place.

I spent just short of a year based there. I’m sure it’s twinned with Baghdad. Place was like a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show.

I was usually mistaken for a Pikey most of the time, due to my darker looks and funny northern accent.

The women were very friendly though.

This was long before the days of Tinder though, when you actually had to go out on the lash and actually speak to people. So as such I ended up skint most of the time.

As a reminder of the place I’ve got a facial scar that is still visible to this day, and also caught a few doses of the clap.

Great days ?

Friends are going to wedding in ibiza mid September... asked me would I say it will happen.. they are kinda hoping it will be cancelled just because being nervous of flying at the moment...

My first ever night in Ibiza there were Rangers fans throwing at Celtic fans from their balcony. Welcome to Ibiza!
I'd genuinely only seen it once and that was some probably drugged up lads that were just so paranoid and were a fight waiting to happen on the promenade in San An at about 7:30am..
Then last year i saw someone get glassed in the head on the first night, 2 fights in Eden (one in the middle of a packed defected dancefloor and another at toolroom) and multiple scuffles break out or nearly happen, at least 5 or so. Did see a Rangers fan outside the highlander trying to start something with i assume a Celtic fan, going mental and coming back trying to carry a table to throw at them ?

Do the Spanish REALLY want to let the likes of this back on their beaches this Summer ? [First May Bank Holiday btw ...]

Hopefully the price of air tickets in future will keep them where they belong.

Meanwhile, back here, football (the winter game where everyone gobs over each other) is nearly back, but cricket, a summer game which invented social distancing, has to wait until August. Only this loony-tunes of a country could work that one out.

As if it's only poorer/working class people that behave like utter *****!
Indeed. The getting paralytic at the rugby, Henley, Ascot is simply toffs having some hi-jinks. If the working class do it, they’re scum, broken Britain etc. That’s something that has always irked me. I’ve seen far worse behaviour from the wealthy elites than the goings on at the football.

View attachment 9126, post:

What, these ones?
We might not be going anywhere in September. I can see a summer spike, track-and-trace won't work (it's a shambles already), people are out mixing it, the government's regulations are chaotic. Like to be wrong, I'm desperate to get away, but I wouldn't buy a flight for a fiver, and I've reduced the chance of my late Sept break down to 30% now.

Air bridges to Spain might be available, but not from the UK. Anyhow, if and when we can escape, those prices will shoot up if there's a demand.

Between Words of governments and reality there is a GAP
i m still not allowed to work next week as external worker (still no side effects on my income :cool:,even though ive received mails they want to take it out 20% from past months income ? ), while since may 11th all french workers allowed to work.

In France June 2nd they will relax some decrees such No more certificate in order to go 100km far from your home, restaurants/sports(only individual ones)/park opening, more school people allowed to go to school,No clubs...
There is a campain in order to encourage peopel to go back to restaurants
Car industry crisis with Renault company , if they sell car with miminum benefit,i may buy new electric/hybrid car otherwise keep your half stock in your store ?
Borders still shut and i hope it will stay shut., Health first, economy on background level.

Imagine tourists landing in ibz end june July and 2-3 weeks later Hundred of people get infected by the virus by july,some needing medical care
it may pessimisit scenario but u can't dismiss this one
With their only one hospital (that have 100 beds?) how ibz will deal with infected people that need hospital cares? sending them back right away to their country?

Last edited:
while the number of active covid-19 cases on the balearics is going down continuously and we've currently not experienced any blips despite opening up, we sadly did experience the first few small blips in other parts of spain. the one thing those incidents all had in common? - gatherings of too many people at once and not respecting safety distance (and possibly also not wearing facemasks). it were a few birthday parties, one religious meeting and two cases in meat packing facilities (there seems to be a pattern with those in other countries too).

so while I am still positive we will get tourism this summer, seeing those first blips makes it pretty clear how big the potential risk of opening a club is. I still think some will try, but I understand the ones that say 'no way I will'. and the main issue in this whole thing is the big number of asymptomatic covid-19 carriers, people aren't aware they have it and think they're perfectly healthy.

the good small detail in this bit of bad news is that so far, all those blips could be controlled rapidly. the track & trace system, for now, seems to work here in spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back