☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the we will learn to accept those blips you are talking about in the coming few months and I hope governments will too without going into panic mode. So I hope even with opening up some clubs (open air) and doing some smaller events worldwide we know a blip can happen and not freak out.

Has EXIT festival in Serbia been mentioned here? It got the definitive green light to do their festival in august THIS YEAR.
Definitely expecting some blips there

on this front, more news just out for spain.

originally, the clubs were gonna be able to open up from phase III onwards (with a third of their capacity), which in ibiza's case would have been the 8th june.

this has now been revoked in the latest BOE (the official bulletin of the state) and discotheques cannot open in that phase yet. which means that, in the case of ibiza, all going well, it could earliest be on june 22nd when we reach 'new normal' status, but no details have been made.

(that said, if the clubs can open and if someone does, it won't happen before the end of june anyway since no tourists around)

Top-of-head thinking; you can charge sunbathers for use of loungers etc, so why not go the full way and charge people to use a beach, so one that get's busy has a higher charge, and those further away that are quieter there's no charge - which might tempt people away from the honeyspots? So somewhere like Salinas that part within 200m of the beach bars, super-expensive, the bits inbetween cheaper, and the middle part which is usually almost empty free? Councils could employ ticket sellers and it would be law and arrestable to be on a pay-beach without a ticket?
Nice little earner to make up for the lack of tourists so far?
Also point out that this would be temporary for this year only, and not a way to soak tourists in future!!!

it does mean you gotta get up early if you wanna go to a certain beach :

Inquiétant

if you're lazy and get up too late :

Lazy or hangover?

also, seeing we won't have a lot of crazy nights this summer, getting up at a normal time should be easy for once! :) :

Très inquiétant

?

I'm really not sure what you expect to find here this summer thomas, it won't be the party island it usually is. I can't be clearer than that right now, but the amount of parties will be a fraction compared to what you usually get here.
I know dont worry, but I'm sure we'll find a way to realy enjoy it anyway. It's gonna be an Ibiza never seen before and never seen after.

Coming from the West do, even with no parties, it's gonna be hard for us to wake up so early to get to beaches (we realy dont want to miss Cala Salada, Cala Bassa and Ses Salines...).

I know dont worry, but I'm sure we'll find a way to realy enjoy it anyway. It's gonna be an Ibiza never seen before and never seen after.

Coming from the West do, even with no parties, it's gonna be hard for us to wake up so early to get to beaches (we realy dont want to miss Cala Salada, Cala Bassa and Ses Salines...).

you'll be fine. as I said ibiza won't be full. it's not like you'll have to get up at 6am.

Any one else's social media full of people having a good time and most certainly not keeping social distancing? I guess it hints at what clubs or bars (beer gardens) would end up like??‍♂️

Top-of-head thinking; you can charge sunbathers for use of loungers etc, so why not go the full way and charge people to use a beach, so one that get's busy has a higher charge, and those further away that are quieter there's no charge - which might tempt people away from the honeyspots? So somewhere like Salinas that part within 200m of the beach bars, super-expensive, the bits inbetween cheaper, and the middle part which is usually almost empty free? Councils could employ ticket sellers and it would be law and arrestable to be on a pay-beach without a ticket?
Nice little earner to make up for the lack of tourists so far?
Also point out that this would be temporary for this year only, and not a way to soak tourists in future!!!

That sounds like tremendous fun :confused:

ibiza thread updated. no casualties in the entire balearic archipelago in the past four days, very few new cases overall and for ibiza and formentera it's also the fourth day in a row without any newly detected case. yes there will inevitably be new cases when tourism starts in the middle of june (not right then I guess, but little by little we will get cases), but at least at the start, when we open up, tourists coming will travel to a pretty much corona-free zone.

I'm really not sure what you expect to find here this summer thomas, it won't be the party island it usually is. I can't be clearer than that right now, but the amount of parties will be a fraction compared to what you usually get here.
That fraction we're talking about are 'official' parties.
We can guess there will be an increase of illegal or at least unofficial villa parties this season. Already got some hints about that here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back