Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

I just had to pull myself away as lots to do in the morning. But it was really good tonight from what I saw. Spent most of time in the club room as Eats Everything got curtailed so Ilario jumped on early. Bangin'!

What do you mean by curtailed? I saw Amnesias live Insta and it indeed looked packed!

I'm glad it looked busy that's a good sign, but anyone else think the coccon official Instagram stories didn't look that good this week? most of the videos in black and white and sort of amaturish

One of the best things about last night was the crowd - lots of locals, very few Brits.

I actually got the discobus both ways. On the journey there it was a very rowdy affair, with lots of hyper-masculinity and bravado, football terrace chants and karaoke renditions of Danny Boy, The Proclaimers, Sweet Caroline and lots of other shit. Just youngsters with high-jinx on their hols - I don't think there was any malice, but equally I could understand other nationalities, especially women, being intimidated. Seems the majority of the bus was destined for Claptone at Pacha (anybody go? I'd be intrigued to read reports!) I was the only person who got off at Amnesia. My buzz was totally killed after that experience, but I felt a little vindicated in the "ahh, these are not my people". Though the fact I was the only one who got off made me worry it might be quiet.

On paper, this was always going to be one of the quieter Cocoon dates. But I was pleasantly surprised when I got inside. The club room was already okay by 01:00 and although the terrace was quite empty at this point, there was a good atmosphere. By 02:00 any concerns I had were completely dispelled. There was still a steady flow entering and both rooms were busy enough but had space if you needed it. There was also a really good ratio of men:women, which I have to say I wasn't expecting for Ricardo. Again, happy to be proved wrong.

Maybe it was the case that a lot of Cocoon regulars last season understood that they had taken the party for granted - and now that it is back in its rightful home and rightful slot, they are making up for lost time? Who knows what happens after this season? I'm quite sure, that had people known that Cocoon was to move to Pacha in 2018 before or during summer 2017, then they would have made the effort to make the most of it.

Also what I'm hearing more and more is that people - proper-clubbers - are getting increasingly frustrated at how Circoloco is being programmed (in regards to set-times, not line-ups). Plus, the fact is that DC10 is not the daytime, free-for-all "anything goes" place that it was years ago, it has lost a bit of its edge. Arguably, it needed to. But I digress.

Don't get me wrong, Circoloco is still the more popular of the two parties - especially amongst holidaymakers. But all these little factors along with the consensus that last summer was an anomaly to be forgotten for Cocoon, have helped turned the tide.

After last night, I have zero concerns for the rest of Cocoon's 20 season.

Also what I'm hearing more and more is that people - proper-clubbers - are getting increasingly frustrated at how Circoloco is being programmed (in regards to set-times, not line-ups). Plus, the fact is that DC10 is not the daytime, free-for-all "anything goes" place that it was years ago, it has lost a bit of its edge. Arguably, it needed to. But I digress.

massive contrast in the programming for those parties
Cocoon always seems to build up the night to a crescendo
Circo Loco often slide heavier sets inbetween less so ones

For anyone interested the full '20 years of Cocoon Ibiza' interview with Sven and Johannes from IMS has been uploaded

An interesting watch as always - glad to be hearing so much positive feedback about the return to Amnesia after watching this.

During my three seasons as a worker I regularly was the only one getting of the bus at amnesia for cocoon. cocoon never was a strong night with people staying in san antonio :)

For anyone interested the full '20 years of Cocoon Ibiza' interview with Sven and Johannes from IMS has been uploaded

An interesting watch as always - glad to be hearing so much positive feedback about the return to Amnesia after watching this.

Great stuff!:
"Pacha has no soul"

And now the idea is clear:
"we want to do 20 parties because its 20 years cocoon".
Cocoon is also happening at DC10 this year....

I am not a cocoon fan like you guys but interesting interview... I like sven and Johannes they seem nice... Funny tho at the end they opened up questions to the audience and one guy was along the words of "what advice would you give to a promoter that would like to have another event in ibiza, what is the most important step and sven said" check out another island, it's just enough here" .. Too be fair sven. Is right!

Back