Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

I was hammered so I just coped with the rain and danced my ass off to Sven. What an interesting experience. And it stopped all of a sudden when Kraftwerk came on. 3d effect was cool with the glasses they gave you.

I don't wanna leave this place :(

I wanted to get home and properly digest before I wrote anything on here but that really was one of the best parties I have attended in a long time - just superb from start to finish and only the kind of party that can be thrown by the Cocoon family!

Arrived shortly after 1AM alone as I had managed to slip away from the stag group that I was with who went to Sankeys - horses for courses and all that! Purely by chance, I happened to bump into @lee111s at the bar as soon as I arrived so I joined his group and then shortly after bumped into @AR_IBIZA too and stayed with them across the course of the evening.

The room was very busy (and VERY hot) when I arrived and remained so for the course of the evening but always with plenty of room to dance. The atmosphere & crowd inside the room was exactly like a Cocoon afters hours and was superb, everyone properly dancing and enjoying the night as opposed to filming on phones. Similar to as others have said barely saw one for the entire night and that is always refreshing.

Musically it was outstanding from start to finish, with Sven playing a totally different set of records to what I have seen previously this season or on the following night at Circoloco - my two personal highlights were hearing Underworld's 'Dark and Long' get played (always great at an afters, but hearing it in the club was another level again) but even moreso than this was hearing one of my all-time favorites, Benoit & Sergio's 'Let Me Count The Ways'. One of those moments of absolute musical bliss!

...now for a few weeks or R&R at home before the closings marathon - I cannot wait!

I couldn’t handle the heat, stood at the entrance to the dancefloor to the side of the DJ booth most most of the night.

Had a great night, one of the best in a while.

I couldn’t handle the heat, stood at the entrance to the dancefloor to the side of the DJ booth most most of the night.

Had a great night, one of the best in a while.

I only really noticed the heat as I walked in and out of the room if I’m being honest - when I was on the dancefloor I was totally engrossed in the party. It was just one of those magic Ibiza nights where I was truly lost in the moment and it was just magic!

Underground when onnnn hosts one of the most magical dancefloors on the island imo!

First experience the other night but came away hugely impressed - great sound system, great atmosphere inside and just an overall great dancefloor and garden outside! Really hope that Cocoon make this an annual occurrence - for proper Cocooners and music lovers that was sublime!

First experience the other night but came away hugely impressed - great sound system, great atmosphere inside and just an overall great dancefloor and garden outside! Really hope that Cocoon make this an annual occurrence - for proper Cocooners and music lovers that was sublime!

Great to read! My most memorable was a Rhadoo night, the place was far from full but that didn't make a blind bit of difference, the energy and feel in the place was just all time! You don't always need numbers but sure, Cocoon and Underground is a healthy combo!

Hope they will work together again in the future...maybe underground could be the right spot for cocoon

...a grim atmo, nobody was dancing there and looking rather pissed. there were some 60 people continuing dancing with sven at the front...
I can't agree with this comment at all, I was there dancing in the rain and, if anything, the atmosphere improved because the people left on the floor were proper ravers who embraced the conditions and carried on regardless. You could tell Sven really appreciated the fact we had carried on partying in spite of the conditions.

Loved Kraftwerk too and managed to blag a spot right the front!

I can't agree with this comment at all, I was there dancing in the rain and, if anything, the atmosphere improved because the people left on the floor were proper ravers who embraced the conditions and carried on regardless. You could tell Sven really appreciated the fact we had carried on partying in spite of the conditions.

Loved Kraftwerk too and managed to blag a spot right the front!

you misunderstood, I meant at the back under the roof the atmo was quiet. I saw how it went off in the rain at the front, you are right :) Just couldn‘t bring myself to join in, too scared of catching a cold for my remaining 7 days on the island :)

well, all positive thinking went out the window at 8pm when it didn‘t just start raining. that was some torrential arche noah kind downpour like in the last nights, even the middle letters of the ushuaia logo fell out, spelling it us aia. most people like us fled to the very back of ushuaia under the roofed bit to wait. so svens music was very far away, a grim atmo, nobody was dancing there and looking rather pissed. there were some 60 people continuing dancing with sven at the front, but looking at another 3 hours ahead of us in the chilly wind we wouldn‘t let ourselves get drenched and catch a cold for the rest of our holidays.
liked svens first hour with so many classics in it (his own beauty and the beast) but can‘t really comment on the second hour in the rain.

for kraftwerk it was finally dry again. kraftwerk has never meant anything to me in my musical upbringing, but I thought I’d enjoy the live experience of such legends. However, I found it sooo boring, it went on and on, until about 23.10 or something. As was to be expected all in all more a concert atmosphere than a real party and people were also leaving during the gig. not in droves but was getting noticably spacier.

looking forward to sven all night long now :)
Rather glad we made the decision to skip this now. I had a feeling it would have a more concert atmosphere to a proper party so we opted for Shadows instead, which although the weather come down as well when the party moved to amnesia it just kicked up another level. Brilliant night and saved ourselves for Papa last night.

Boy o boy did he pull it out the bag again! Can’t praise the guy enough was simply superb. We went DC10 beforehand and the difference in vibe and crowd was very noticeable. At DC10 there were lots of people who you could tell didn’t really know where they were, or who was playing. Lots of phones out and people who were there just to show Instagram they went dc10/Circo loco.

Cocoon on the other hand just wow. We got there about 1:15 and the terrace was nicely busy and the atmosphere there was world apart from DC10 imo. Having been out 5 nights of the last 7 my legs were feeling done in at DC10 but the second we got on that terrace it was like I’d been reborn! Me and my pal just looked at each other and said “yes this is what a proper party is” everyone dancing, very little phones, and Sven’s brother was front and centre on the dance floor busting out all sorts of moves. Absolutely class night out!

Now for Resistance tonight then some much needed R&R before the big one when we do it all over with the main man Papa Sven again. Roll on September 30th

Back