Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

Last night was great! Christ, it was hot though. Frequent trips to the garden needed. Great crowd in there - quite a lot of Brits too, I thought. I got chatting to some fresh-faced Geordie lads in the queue. They'd only landed a few hours before. Saw them a little later a bit worse for wear!!

Hats off to Cocoon - and also Sven who, fair play, mixed things up completely for the occasion. He really did play a completely different set to the ones he's been playing at Amnesia. Maybe he was inspired by his weekend in Frankfurt? (surely he didn't find time to go record shopping this weekend as well?!)

When I got inside just before 0100, he was playing quite chuggy (presumably, following on from Cesar who was on warm-up?)

Here's a few track from the night:

His 2am track when the tempo increased:

Soon after he played Erol Alkan - Spectrum (Mano Le Tough remix), followed by Lil' Louis - French Kiss Can't remember if I've ever heard him play that inside a club before. Usually an after's favourite.

Btw, anybody know the track he plays that sounds like the clangers of 70s kids TV?? Also, there was a few tracks where the vocal was in the style of Anthony Rother - Father. Looking forward to ID-ing those.

Playlist updated later today.

Was a great time!
First time going to Underground, what an amazing place. Its like a throw back to old school surroundings with a good sound system.
They showed em the volume knob right before that Robag track and it was funny to see his/everyone's reaction to the twist up. :)
Will def try Underground again on a lesser known night where the small AC units can keep up with all that body heat.

followed by Lil' Louis - French Kiss Can't remember if I've ever heard him play that inside a club before. Usually an after's favourite.

oh he‘s played that in amnesia as well, particularly remember it a couple of years ago when he even dropped it in the club room at 6am :)

Sounds like it was a perfect night. One of the rare nights I'd have gone over for if time and funds had allowed !

so stivi will I have to decide between cova santa and pacha on friday after cocoon, or will I want to check out underground that day? ;)

mh, I‘m up for all of them. Just thinking that after stumbling out of a full on party I would like to continue on this level so a party like at cova santa that has been going on for hours might be more for me than going to a venue that will have much less energy at this point, like pacha. proper after with the ushuaia crowd would be ideal :)

mh, I‘m up for all of them. Just thinking that after stumbling out of a full on party I would like to continue on this level so a party like at cova santa that has been going on for hours might be more for me than going to a venue that will have much less energy at this point, like pacha. proper after with the ushuaia crowd would be ideal :)

I get you.
the thing I wouldn't expect is sven playing undeground twice within less than a week. never say never, prove me wrong and all that, but I'd be surprised if he played there later.

yeah, I was thinking the same re sven. But someone like galuzzi and dana ruh like in july would be fine by me. let‘s see.

Back