Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

Well, well well... where do I even start with Cocoon? What an incredible 24 hours that was!

Arrived at Pacha around 00:30 where the queue outside was already pretty big. Grabbed a drink and walked my girlfriend and a few of our friends down to a good spot on the dancefloor and dashed up to the upstairs terrace to meet a few other forumers, albeit briefly as I didn't want to leave them downstairs for too long. Very nice to meet a few members new and old to me.

I headed back downstairs shortly after and it was already VERY busy. Were talking Solomun busy to give you a gauge, if not busier (with the exception maybe of the Dixon date which in August was always going to be another level again).

I really enjoyed the first half of Seth's warm-up, he really started to set the mood with some interesting track selections. However during the second half he began to trail off and began to bore me; he plays a really broken style and there seems to be zero flow. He even dropped a remix of Missy Elliott - Lose Control at some point (the less said about that the better). I will say one thing for him - it was a very different set from what he would play at Circoloco and he did have some great moments, but overall I wasn't that impressed and found myself a bit bored, looking at my watch in anticipation for Sven at 3am.

However, when Sven stepped into the booth things stepped up another notch. A set which included many of the already discussed and regularly played peak season classics that he has been banging out, but mixed in with some new ones. For me, it was probably the best Sven set I had heard this season and I thought it was superb start to finish. Somewhere during the course of the night (my recollection not being its best by this point) we bumped into @lee111s and @Bucko08 and their group and spent the night with them which was brilliant!

The atmosphere in Pacha for the entire event was superb - a properly mixed crowd of all ages and backgrounds, everyone was properly twisted and dancing... and I mean DANCING! It felt like a proper party, with zero phones in the air just people enjoying the music. We stayed until the end and then headed back to our apartment for a reload of supplies and then headed out for a drink.

Arrived at the afters around 5/6PM in the end as we grabbed a bite to eat. We met up with @lee111s and @Bucko08 again and spent most of the night with their group, amongst also seeing some other fellow spotlighters. It really was just a magic day into night; to echo the sentiments of above it was just a great atmosphere, great crowd and even better music. Sven at the closing afters really does play the set of the season and digs deep and plays the records you simply won't hear him play inside the club (Lil Louis - French Kiss always goes down a treat). We stayed until the end of the afters and went inside after as we were not ready to leave at this stage. It was VERY busy in the small inside room and we ended up leaving around 01:30 and headed back to the hotel. Still haven't stopped talking about it days later and already planning our return for next year.

I know I am guilty of rattling on about Cocoon and Sven a lot, but I simply can't help it! For me, they are the final bastion of the Ibiza that I know and love and year after year the parties, music, crowd and after hours are far and beyond anything else on the island. Simply perfection!

Well, well well... where do I even start with Cocoon? What an incredible 24 hours that was!

Arrived at Pacha around 00:30 where the queue outside was already pretty big. Grabbed a drink and walked my girlfriend and a few of our friends down to a good spot on the dancefloor and dashed up to the upstairs terrace to meet a few other forumers, albeit briefly as I didn't want to leave them downstairs for too long. Very nice to meet a few members new and old to me.

I headed back downstairs shortly after and it was already VERY busy. Were talking Solomun busy to give you a gauge, if not busier (with the exception maybe of the Dixon date which in August was always going to be another level again).

I really enjoyed the first half of Seth's warm-up, he really started to set the mood with some interesting track selections. However during the second half he began to trail off and began to bore me; he plays a really broken style and there seems to be zero flow. He even dropped a remix of Missy Elliott - Lose Control at some point (the less said about that the better). I will say one thing for him - it was a very different set from what he would play at Circoloco and he did have some great moments, but overall I wasn't that impressed and found myself a bit bored, looking at my watch in anticipation for Sven at 3am.

However, when Sven stepped into the booth things stepped up another notch. A set which included many of the already discussed and regularly played peak season classics that he has been banging out, but mixed in with some new ones. For me, it was probably the best Sven set I had heard this season and I thought it was superb start to finish. Somewhere during the course of the night (my recollection not being its best by this point) we bumped into @lee111s and @Bucko08 and their group and spent the night with them which was brilliant!

The atmosphere in Pacha for the entire event was superb - a properly mixed crowd of all ages and backgrounds, everyone was properly twisted and dancing... and I mean DANCING! It felt like a proper party, with zero phones in the air just people enjoying the music. We stayed until the end and then headed back to our apartment for a reload of supplies and then headed out for a drink.

Arrived at the afters around 5/6PM in the end as we grabbed a bite to eat. We met up with @lee111s and @Bucko08 again and spent most of the night with their group, amongst also seeing some other fellow spotlighters. It really was just a magic day into night; to echo the sentiments of above it was just a great atmosphere, great crowd and even better music. Sven at the closing afters really does play the set of the season and digs deep and plays the records you simply won't hear him play inside the club (Lil Louis - French Kiss always goes down a treat). We stayed until the end of the afters and went inside after as we were not ready to leave at this stage. It was VERY busy in the small inside room and we ended up leaving around 01:30 and headed back to the hotel. Still haven't stopped talking about it days later and already planning our return for next year.

I know I am guilty of rattling on about Cocoon and Sven a lot, but I simply can't help it! For me, they are the final bastion of the Ibiza that I know and love and year after year the parties, music, crowd and after hours are far and beyond anything else on the island. Simply perfection!
I'm not sure sure if we met did we? Because I also spent a lot of time with Lee and buck in pacha and the afters too.

@aregandj I don't think we met either but I have a vid on my phone of Sven playing that ANNA track in pacha its a cracker. Il upload later

I didn't mind set troxler too much at all, he played seal - killer so massive points for that

What a night overall

I'm not sure sure if we met did we? Because I also spent a lot of time with Lee and buck in pacha and the afters too.

@aregandj I don't think we met either but I have a vid on my phone of Sven playing that ANNA track in pacha its a cracker. Il upload later

I didn't mind set troxler too much at all, he played seal - killer so massive points for that

What a night overall
I agree not to sure we did either. I’m pretty sure I met someone off here at KM5 on the sofas but can’t remember who for the life of me as I was in abit of a pickle o_O one of the girls I was with had to sit me down and give me some motherly care

Nice review, obviously i wasn't there but I can imagine hearing La Condamine by Ricardo Tobar would have been one hell of a near finish as i wouldve left it at the one if i were Sven. Listened to much of his production solely due to Sven and it really is perfection, and for me I've had enough of Pick Up and I totally get why he played it and get it why people like it but i can take it or leave it if im being honest and i do indeed like Koze.

Few others there too, la condamine, red axis etc.

I have an app on my phone so I can take videos with the screen off. Means you have to guess where your pointing it but I just have the phone in the palm of my hand, no ones vibe is ruined, videos kept to a minimum.
I don't particularly like it where I see screens on in clubs.

I’m not one for big reviews but really want to echo the sentiments above. We had an amazing time, aided by the fact there was a great group of us who met up and just seemed to click instantly. It was as if we’d be clubbing together for years.

I just want to do it all over again!

If we go back next year think trip will be based on Cocoon closing and ‘afters’ after reading reviews.

I have been meaning to do a review of our trip and i’ve wrote quite alot so far but i just sound like im waffling half the time so haven’t bothered posting it:lol:

Anyways one of the points i made in it was i wasn’t blown away by any of the nights we went to this year i wouldn’t even say there were any ‘special’ moments unfortunatly.

From now on it’s all about choosing the right party rather than giving yourself x amount of nights out in x number of days just because the line up is half decent. I’ve came to realise the line up is just half of what has to be taken into considerstion.

Even if we go for 2 weeks again i can honestly not see us going to more than 2 events!

@Browny exactly the conclusion we came to this year - quality over quantity is always best.

We have always gone for 4-7 nights and crammed in as much partying as possible and came home feeling awful for a week after. This time we did four nights and four days, two on two off and came home feeling as fresh as a daisy but also had one of the best 24 hours partying I've had in Ibiza.

It's only taken me 10 visits, but I think I've finally cracked Ibiza! :lol:

it's what I've been saying for a long time, less is more. it also took me some time to realise this and during closings I might not exactly follow that rule (errr...), but generally, nowadays I prefer to have a full 24hrs party and then nothing for a week or so.

That`s the reason why we gave up the Destino closing after two days Cocoon especially the brilliant afterparty at km5.

That`s the reason why we gave up the Destino closing after two days Cocoon especially the brilliant afterparty at km5.

I did the exact same. As much as that was musically a dream and something I would do at any other time, I didn't want to ruin the previous 24 hours and subsequent few days by overdoing it with a third consecutive event.

God I must be getting old!

Back