Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

Too right the amount of times I have looked forward to my fav dj to play and I end up underwhelmed and disappointed

Simply proves that its more than just someone behind the decks that makes a party.... crowd, atmosphere, vibe whatever you want to call it, I find you can maybe ignore those things in the younger years but that matters a lot more these days at least for me

It's a night that's heavily dependent on the guests as Sven just isn't as big anymore ( awaits onslaught).

I dont think an onslaught should be brought on for that as it may be partly true.. but who was missing from Cocoon this year? Besides Dixon and Rodhad all the regular Cocoon appearances were made apart from Seth not showing up until the closing as hes done the b2b2b for years now and didnt this year in particular. Not sure anything could be so different from a lineup perspective, matter of fact is it seems to be getting hard to fill a club regardless of which every single night week after week. I wasn't there this year so i cant say first hand, but its already been mentioned too that moving to WED hurt Cocoon a bit, both from the locals and visitors to the island attending. I wouldn't be shocked if it stayed at Pacha but simply they did a little reprogramming of the schedule. Maybe a move back to Monday would make sense even if it does follow Solomun.

This was a very nice party and very busy I would say compared to average Rumors we have been too ... now saving ourselves for the Solomun Closing marathon but Tox was rammed too ... free of course but impressive stuff

enjoyed last night, busy but loads of room to dance. i’m sure i was next to you stivi at the bar across from Tox, i was the bald head bearded one with cocoon at pacha t shirt?? Marcus fix and sebastian mullaert sets very trippy Windmaker was a personal favourite

enjoyed last night, busy but loads of room to dance. i’m sure i was next to you stivi at the bar across from Tox, i was the bald head bearded one with cocoon at pacha t shirt?? Marcus fix and sebastian mullaert sets very trippy Windmaker was a personal favourite

ah shame why didn‘t you come say hi?!

yeah windmaker was a highlight. also liked galluzzi‘s set a lot.

Went to Pacha for Cocoon once this year (First time), unfortunately no Sven but had Ida Engberg, Adam Beyer and Ilario Alicante. Can't complain about the music, but wasn't a massive fan of the venue. Some aspects were great but not a massive fan of the big vip areas. Also was not impressed with the crowd, very rude (dancing all over you, bumping into you, trying to pickpocket you) and put me off going to other events I was keen on (HS82 and Solomun).

@liam azar Really? As somebody who has been a pickpocket victim in Ibiza in the past, I have to say that Pacha is the venue I feel most secure from this threat. I really don't see that element in there.
In fact, just this last night I thought the exact same thing to myself.

it's here, svens sound of the 19th season (release november 23rd)
some of svens favourites surprisingly absent, most notably koze - pick up. But I think we've all had enough of that :D

Tracklist CD 1:
01. Nightmare on Wax – Deep Shadows (DJ E.A.S.E Club Mix )
02. Love Over Entropy – 9576
03. Adam Port – Do You Still Think of Me?
04. Emanuel Satie – Don’t Forget To Go Home
05. Florian Hollerith – Ohrenzirkus
06. Talaboman – Brutal Chugga Chugga (L.B. Dub Corp RMX) 7. Levon Vincent – Arpeggiator
08. Vermont – Skorbut (I:Cube Mix)
90. Edward – Set U Free (Private Mix)
10. L.B. Dub Corp – See The Light
11. DJ Shufflemaster & Chester Beatty – Our House Music (DJ Shufflemaster Remix)
12. Patrice Bäumel – Serpent

Tracklist CD 2:
01. Nicolas Masseyeff – Muse
02. Tom Pooks & Joy Kitikonti – Climb
03. Butch – Countach
04. Fabrice Lig – Dark Commodore
05. Robag Wruhme – Veddel Braav
06. Stimming – Frankfurt Main
07. Ejeca – Attack
08. Radio Slave – Reverse (DJ KOZE Edit)
09. Ilario Alicante – Cocoon
10. Anna – Hidden Beauties
11. Michael Mayer – Lout
12. Younger Rebinds – Tim ’s Symphony
13. Krystal Klear – Neutron Dance

I know it has been done to death that the amount of variance in Sven's sets hasn't been there as much this year - but I have to say from my experience this is one of, if not my favorite sound of the season ever.

I've only really been listening to Sven and the Cocoon sound since circa 2012/2013 but the music this season for my personal tastes is exceptional! Absolutely adore some of the records in this selection.

@liam azar Really? As somebody who has been a pickpocket victim in Ibiza in the past, I have to say that Pacha is the venue I feel most secure from this threat. I really don't see that element in there.
In fact, just this last night I thought the exact same thing to myself.
I definitely spotted a group of pickpockets at the hawtin night a few weeks back, but you’re right, it isn’t nearly as bad as some of the other clubs

it's here, svens sound of the 19th season (release november 23rd)
some of svens favourites surprisingly absent, most notably koze - pick up. But I think we've all had enough of that :D

Tracklist CD 1:
01. Nightmare on Wax – Deep Shadows (DJ E.A.S.E Club Mix )
02. Love Over Entropy – 9576
03. Adam Port – Do You Still Think of Me?
04. Emanuel Satie – Don’t Forget To Go Home
05. Florian Hollerith – Ohrenzirkus
06. Talaboman – Brutal Chugga Chugga (L.B. Dub Corp RMX) 7. Levon Vincent – Arpeggiator
08. Vermont – Skorbut (I:Cube Mix)
90. Edward – Set U Free (Private Mix)
10. L.B. Dub Corp – See The Light
11. DJ Shufflemaster & Chester Beatty – Our House Music (DJ Shufflemaster Remix)
12. Patrice Bäumel – Serpent

Tracklist CD 2:
01. Nicolas Masseyeff – Muse
02. Tom Pooks & Joy Kitikonti – Climb
03. Butch – Countach
04. Fabrice Lig – Dark Commodore
05. Robag Wruhme – Veddel Braav
06. Stimming – Frankfurt Main
07. Ejeca – Attack
08. Radio Slave – Reverse (DJ KOZE Edit)
09. Ilario Alicante – Cocoon
10. Anna – Hidden Beauties
11. Michael Mayer – Lout
12. Younger Rebinds – Tim ’s Symphony
13. Krystal Klear – Neutron Dance
Oh yes...my favourite Sven peak time dancefloor killer Robag Wruhme - Veddel Baav is on board :)
And also Dj Shufflemaster - Our house music (DJ Shufflemaster Remix)...what a track!

I definitely spotted a group of pickpockets at the hawtin night a few weeks back, but you’re right, it isn’t nearly as bad as some of the other clubs
Really? 99% they were from italy trying to bank their night... of course I am italian and I am saying it because happened 2 times that someone ( spanish both times ) pull my hand while I am trying to go from one side to other of the club in the middle of the crowd ( cocoon at amnesia first time and circoloco the 2nd )

I never understood what people hoped to achieve pick pocketing in a club, my cash is in my front pocket as well as my phone and my party supplies are hidden at all times ;) and i will break your hand if you reach into my front pocket. If someone needs to steal my wallet for my NY state drivers license then by all means you must need it worse than i do.

Really? 99% they were from italy trying to bank their night... of course I am italian and I am saying it because happened 2 times that someone ( spanish both times ) pull my hand while I am trying to go from one side to other of the club in the middle of the crowd ( cocoon at amnesia first time and circoloco the 2nd )
Looked more like Romanians possibly, they were a group moving slowly through the dance floor looking people up and down with long coats over there arms which I’m guessing they were using to cover there activities. Another thing that annoys me which I saw a lot of were people walking round with there torches pointing on the floor looking for things people had dropped I’m guessing, I know bouncers tend to do it a lot but these were just normal punters

I never understood what people hoped to achieve pick pocketing in a club, my cash is in my front pocket as well as my phone and my party supplies are hidden at all times ;) and i will break your hand if you reach into my front pocket. If someone needs to steal my wallet for my NY state drivers license then by all means you must need it worse than i do.
These are professional pick pockets. I’m guessing they can make hundreds if not thousands on a good night relieving slightly out of it punters of there cash and phones

These are professional pick pockets. I’m guessing they can make hundreds if not thousands on a good night

Like i said make use of the front pockets, if someone can get into your front pockets without you noticing A. You are too jacked up and B. They Win for being magicians

Back